February 22, 2019, 12:11:04 PM

Author Topic: KIIP Korean Immigration Integration Programme (사회통합프로그램)  (Read 191258 times)

Offline WinterSprings

• Waygookin
Re: KIIP Korean Immigration Integration Programme (사회통합프로그램)
« Reply #220 on: April 17, 2015, 09:10:10 AM »
Did anyone sign up for the online classes? I signed up but I haven't received any information about the course and it starts in exactly one week.

Offline rowdes

• Veteran
Does anyone have any idea on when we can register for the the next set of classes? I completed the exam back in April and have been waiting ever since for a class.

The KIIP hotline is pretty useless seeing as they only speak Korean.

Offline MIGHTYMERICAN

• Veteran
If I lived in Korea for 3 years, then left, and will be coming back, will I still meet the requirement of residing in Korea for one year before the one year mark is reached on my second visit if I were to apply for residency? Thanks!

Offline probablylauren

• Expert Waygook
Does anyone have any idea on when we can register for the the next set of classes? I completed the exam back in April and have been waiting ever since for a class.

The KIIP hotline is pretty useless seeing as they only speak Korean.

What exam did you do? The placement test or the final (or mid-term exam) for a level you already were enrolled in?

If it was the placement test, the registration opened (for seoul at least) around the 15th of May and classes started (or will start) around now.

I'm loving iHerb. Check out http://www.iherb.com/ and enter my Rewards Code HLC923 to receive up to $10.00 off your first purchase

Offline sejongthefabulous

• Hero of Waygookistan
If I lived in Korea for 3 years, then left, and will be coming back, will I still meet the requirement of residing in Korea for one year before the one year mark is reached on my second visit if I were to apply for residency? Thanks!
No

Offline rowdes

• Veteran
@lauren It was the placement test.

When several members on waygook took the placement test back in April, we found out that they barely had any classes for us to apply to (roughly 2 classes for the 100+ people who took the test in my city). There has been no word/contact on when we could apply for the next set of classes.

Offline afheil89

• Veteran
@rowdes did you go on the website and click on the 'my paigie' and see if any classes were available?  I took the test in may and I was never notified that classes were available, I had to just keep checking the website, then I signed up for one.
I teach, eat, and travel through Korea and write about it. http://www.ashleyheil.com

Offline kimchiexpat

• Newgookin
I have a few questions if someone can help with these? Thanks

Does kiip level 5 really get complete exemption from naturalization written test and interview?

I've registered myself for August placement test. I have passed TOPIK-I (Level 2). I know there is no direct relation between TOPIK and KIIP however can one somehow relate if I can pass KIIP placement test into level 3?

I've heard that if one cannot pass a KIIP level in first attempt, he/she will be promoted to next level after re-taking 100 hours class and exam regardless of result (fail/pass). Is it true?
Same question for level 5. I have heard they have similar policy for level 5 but with 3 attempts instead of 2.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:52:44 AM by kimchiexpat »

Offline chuckd

• Veteran
I have a few questions if someone can help with these? Thanks

Does kiip level 5 really get complete exemption from naturalization written test and interview?

I've registered myself for August placement test. I have passed TOPIK-I (Level 2). I know there is no direct relation between TOPIK and KIIP however can one somehow relate if I can pass KIIP placement test into level 3?

I've heard that if one cannot pass a KIIP level in first attempt, he/she will be promoted to next level after re-taking 100 hours class and exam regardless of result (fail/pass). Is it true?
Same question for level 5. I have heard they have similar policy for level 5 but with 3 attempts instead of 2.

I passed TOPIK (Level 2) and got took the KIIP placement test and got into Level 3.  As far as failing a KIIP course, if you fail Level 2 or 3 you can retake the course and automatically get bumped up to the next level. I'm not sure about Level 4 or 5.

Offline probablylauren

• Expert Waygook
All the information you wanted to know about KIIP (maybe!).

This is the document I was given in class last week. It gives information about failing and re-taking (to the previous poster: you have to take Level 5 3 times before they say you completed it)

Also information about tardiness (but not specific -as each location has different timings- about if you turn up anywhere from 8 to 9pm that means you only get  1 hour of the 2.5 hour classes) and leave of absence as well as changing levels (only down) and what happens when you move to a new house in a different immigration office's jurisdiction.

Also gives clear information about the points you get for completing and what visas you will be exempt from proving Korean fluency.

Also you can see the schedule for tests (but not for class periods unfortunately).

Hope this helps dispel any concerns or answers people's questions. It's the document given out  and I grabbed a copy in Korean too.
I'm loving iHerb. Check out http://www.iherb.com/ and enter my Rewards Code HLC923 to receive up to $10.00 off your first purchase

Offline probablylauren

• Expert Waygook
oh, the table on the first image is a bit confusing.

My understanding is

The first two rows on the right apply to Levels 1-4  and the last row (about failing and retaking) matches to Level 5. This is based on the different language used for after 'Pass'

Level 1-4 is 'Pass: Level completed'
while
Level 5 is 'Pass: Program completed'

Offline ksurfer

• Waygookin
All the information you wanted to know about KIIP (maybe!).

This is the document I was given in class last week. It gives information about failing and re-taking (to the previous poster: you have to take Level 5 3 times before they say you completed it)

Also information about tardiness (but not specific -as each location has different timings- about if you turn up anywhere from 8 to 9pm that means you only get  1 hour of the 2.5 hour classes) and leave of absence as well as changing levels (only down) and what happens when you move to a new house in a different immigration office's jurisdiction.

Also gives clear information about the points you get for completing and what visas you will be exempt from proving Korean fluency.

Also you can see the schedule for tests (but not for class periods unfortunately).

Hope this helps dispel any concerns or answers people's questions. It's the document given out  and I grabbed a copy in Korean too.

I just got my F2-7 approved at the immigration desk last week. Throughout the entire program, they never gave anyone a guide sheet like that. I could of used that so many times.

Offline robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
All the information you wanted to know about KIIP (maybe!)

Thank you so much! I've been pulling my hair out trying to get information.

Offline chuckd

• Veteran
Free PDF Textbooks for the KIIP Program - These are the actual books used in class for this year.

Look in the description box for the downloads.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIYGHLYm4hk

0 ----------- KIIP - Pre-Beginner
Level 1 ----------- KIIP - Beginner 1
Level 2 ----------- KIIP - Beginner 2
Level 3 ----------- KIIP - Intermediate 1
Level 4 ----------- KIIP - Intermediate 2
Level 5 ----------- KIIP - Advanced

Offline nzer-in-gyeongnam

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • Expert Waygook
  • "abnosome" ~ "abnormal in an awesome way."
Free PDF Textbooks for the KIIP Program - These are the actual books used in class for this year.

Look in the description box for the downloads.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIYGHLYm4hk

0 ----------- KIIP - Pre-Beginner

Except the links in the Youtube description open to a page that says '에러남' and that's it. They are empty besides that. Would love to see the Level 5 book. I start level 5 shortly.
"It's better to have tried and failed, than never to have tried at all!"
Teach this to your students... they'll thank you for it later!

Offline kamikazely

• Waygookin
All 5 links worked for me. I used chrome, and clicking a link downloaded a pdf file of the book.

Offline chuckd

• Veteran
Yeah. They're all there. You might have to give it some time then try the link again. I experienced the same thing before.

Offline chuckd

• Veteran
2015 KIIP - Level 3 & 4 (중급 1 & 2) - VOCABULARY & TEXTBOOKS
« Reply #237 on: June 22, 2015, 09:25:16 AM »
Level 3 (중급 1 VOCABULARY) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSGdVOzwlMY

Level 4 (중급 2 VOCABULARY) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIYGHLYm4hk

Level 5 (VOCABULARY) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03rYKM2DXy4

Look in the description box for all the textbook downloads.

Level 0 ----------- KIIP - Pre-Beginner
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 01:17:08 PM by chuckd »

Offline CliffK

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Super Waygook
They worked for me. Thank you very much for posting these!

Offline friendofcletus

• Veteran
Any place to download the audio files as well?  ;D ;D ;D