February 22, 2019, 12:13:57 PM

Author Topic: KIIP Korean Immigration Integration Programme (사회통합프로그램)  (Read 191261 times)

Offline rhchris1

• Veteran
Re: KIIP Korean Immigration Integration Programme (사회통합프로그램)
« Reply #180 on: March 06, 2015, 04:19:17 PM »
bless you for that info

I'm really happy I decided to do these classes even it was kind of a pain getting to this point. Having classes everyday has really improved my comprehension. I was able to get into an online class but it start at the end of my workday, so I can just finish it out at my school which is kind of perfect.

I am jealous! I really prefer the online classes! This year, there were only 2 options for Level 4, 10am to 12pm or 8-10pm. I was in the 8-10pm class last year, but couldn't get into it this year. It's frustrating as it was the only one that fits my schedule. (Public school teacher with night classes finishing at 6pm once a week).

Unfortunately I was also too late to sign up for the online class.  Luckily there was a center offering morning classes (I work at a hagwon) on MWF 35 minutes, via subway, from my place, so I wasn't too beat up about it.  I think I actually prefer the in-class option.  Being able to interact with people helps me concentrate for some reason. 

Sounds like you have an ideal situation too! I would love to do more than once a week... I'd have more of a chance of attending every class or at least 94% of the classes. Sadly, with my schedule (hectic and full) I barely make what I am now. I am the only female in my class, and get hit on constantly by a couple of my classmates inspite of being married and them knowing it. Besides these small setbacks, I really like the KIIP program and all its quirks. I've learned a lot so far, and look forward to learning more.

Ouch!  My class is split pretty evenly.  Six females and four males.  If I remember correctly, I'm the only unmarried one.  However, the class does seem like it'll help me as I'm already learning some things that I hadn't previously known. 

Offline WinterSprings

• Waygookin
« Reply #181 on: March 06, 2015, 04:29:47 PM »
How do you guys feel regarding the difficulty of the course? Do you feel that it is right at your level? Or do you find the course either too difficult or too easy? A friend of mine said that he got placed into the highest level of the course and was learning basic things like present and future tense.

Offline macteacher

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #182 on: March 06, 2015, 04:42:38 PM »
I got placed in level 2 and it's grammar that I already know; however, there's vocab I didn't know before hand plus my speaking level was probably at this level. So, I'm pretty comfortable with it. The highest level is completely culture discussion no grammar from what I understand, so I think your friend is confused.

Offline rhchris1

• Veteran
« Reply #183 on: March 06, 2015, 05:29:33 PM »
How do you guys feel regarding the difficulty of the course? Do you feel that it is right at your level? Or do you find the course either too difficult or too easy? A friend of mine said that he got placed into the highest level of the course and was learning basic things like present and future tense.

I feel like it's right at my level.  So far, all the grammar is new to me and I know about 60% of the vocabulary.  Being forced to speak is actually doing wonders for my confidence in speaking as well. 

Offline rowdes

• Veteran
« Reply #184 on: March 07, 2015, 08:35:05 PM »
Hi guys, I have a question:

I have just enrolled for the placement test for the 28th March. Results will come out in April. When should I expect classes to being? (sorry, I can't find the yearly schedule)

Thanks!

Offline WinterSprings

• Waygookin
« Reply #185 on: March 10, 2015, 10:12:48 PM »
Thanks for the info folks. I guess my friend was confused. Rowdes I also signed up for the March 28th placement test. There's no info on the site either as to where the placement test will be. Hopefully we will find out soon.

Offline Fanwarrior

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #186 on: March 10, 2015, 11:50:32 PM »
Hi guys, I have a question:

I have just enrolled for the placement test for the 28th March. Results will come out in April. When should I expect classes to being? (sorry, I can't find the yearly schedule)

Thanks!

they will start soon after but have slightly different dates. After you are given a level you'll be allowed to choose a class to enroll in depending on your schedule.

Offline hiphopopotamus

• Super Waygook
« Reply #187 on: March 16, 2015, 11:53:16 AM »
Just so people know, if you just want to focus on the language... YMCA Korean English School is accredited by the gov. and those certificates will count towards your points.

Have you tried this, Hot6? If so, what is required? Just the certificate of completion from YMCA? I have one of these and am just a few points shy, so might be able to use it.

UPDATE: I went to Immigration in Daegu on Friday. They will not accept YMCA courses for points. Only university courses. No Korean language hagwons or hakdangs. ㅠㅠ

Offline robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #188 on: March 20, 2015, 12:29:47 PM »
Anybody get any news on where the March 28th placement test will be? I'm worried my application will never update and I'll have to apply all over again.  :-[

Offline Mashley30

• Super Waygook
« Reply #189 on: March 20, 2015, 12:37:55 PM »
I feel like I didn't know until maybe 5 days before (if not less).

Offline salkdj1sj

• Waygookin
« Reply #190 on: March 21, 2015, 06:11:38 PM »
Anybody get any news on where the March 28th placement test will be? I'm worried my application will never update and I'll have to apply all over again.  :-[

They are planning to announce the location on Thursday (26th of March) on the website. On Thursday, look for the public announcement (공지사항)!

Offline Fanwarrior

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #191 on: March 21, 2015, 08:31:27 PM »

They are planning to announce the location on Thursday (26th of March) on the website. On Thursday, look for the public announcement (공지사항)!
Why don't they make it really exciting and announce it just 15 minutes before the test?

Offline probablylauren

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #192 on: March 23, 2015, 05:23:08 PM »
just got a text message telling me the location for my test and to print out my test ticket.
I'm loving iHerb. Check out http://www.iherb.com/ and enter my Rewards Code HLC923 to receive up to $10.00 off your first purchase

Offline salkdj1sj

• Waygookin
« Reply #193 on: March 23, 2015, 08:13:21 PM »
I got it too!

Offline NayNay

• Adventurer
« Reply #194 on: March 24, 2015, 12:19:23 AM »
Mine's here too, but... my test ticket doesn't load. Literally, it's been trying for five hours. What do I do?

Offline robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #195 on: March 24, 2015, 10:48:46 AM »
NayNay; I noticed I had to click 'yes' and 'install' on about 10 different notifications before it showed me my ticket. Are you using Internet Explorer? Maybe you're blocking pop ups from this site or the security setting is too high?

I finally got my examination ticket! My local level test will take place at 인하대학교.

여러분, 화이팅!

Offline rinjy

• Waygookin
« Reply #196 on: March 25, 2015, 02:38:29 PM »
I'm trying to register for the placement test for March 28th or any placement test for that matter. I went to
사회통합프로그램 > 사회통합프로그램 신청
Changed it to English and clicked that I wanted to take the placement test. It pops up with an error that says: Social Integration Program unavailable.

Is registration closed? I'm really confused, I just found out about this recently and my mentor teacher is out sick today. But I'd really like to do it and start classes as soon as possible.

Offline robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #197 on: March 25, 2015, 03:08:21 PM »
Registration closed on the 20th rinjy; sorry.

Offline WinterSprings

• Waygookin
« Reply #198 on: March 25, 2015, 04:33:00 PM »
I signed up awhile back but I still haven't received any information. Was I suppose to receive a message or email already?

Offline salkdj1sj

• Waygookin
« Reply #199 on: March 25, 2015, 07:32:42 PM »
I signed up awhile back but I still haven't received any information. Was I suppose to receive a message or email already?

Yes, you should've received a text message. Log in to the socinet website and check if you have an attendance slip you can print out. That has also the location on it.