May 27, 2018, 05:41:06 AM

Author Topic: Lucy (2014)  (Read 4702 times)

Offline daithi

• Adventurer
Lucy (2014)
« on: September 04, 2014, 10:35:06 AM »
Does anyone know if Lucy,the new Luc Besson film, has English subtitles for the foreign language parts?

I know many movies do but some of the big ones  don't, eg. the last Die Hard and Planet of the Apes, and  The Wolverine.

Offline bucketcheck

• Adventurer
Re: Lucy (2014)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 10:51:37 AM »
I saw it last night and there were subtitles in English and Korean for the French parts. Oddly, the first half of the movie lacked English subtitles for the Korean dialogue, but the latter half had them.

You'd be able to follow what's happening in the first part anyway, as much of it is humorously translated within the context of the scenes.

Also, it could just depend on which print your theater has. . .

Offline daithi

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 11:05:34 AM »
Thanks bucketcheck, can you tell me what theatre you saw it in, was it CGV, LOTTE or MEGABOX? I'm assuming the companies will all have a similar print.

Offline Gaikoku.org

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 11:45:43 AM »
The English subs that exist are hard-coded into the video so it doesn't matter where you see it.

But yeah, it's not that hard to follow. My Korean is pretty much just a collection of vocabulary and even without that following the context early on is easy enough.

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/