October 16, 2018, 05:48:05 AM

The 2018 Korea TESOL International Conference: Focus on Fluency
Meet new people. Learn new things. Become a better teacher! Join us October 13 & 14 for the 26th annual Korea TESOL International Conference at Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul.
koreatesol.org/ic2018

Author Topic: Proof of teaching letter  (Read 1040 times)

Offline KirbyFan112

• Veteran
Proof of teaching letter
« on: August 13, 2014, 08:36:10 PM »
I've been having trouble attaining a proof of teaching letter from my old school. None of my old-coteachers still work there, and I'm not sure who to contact. I contaced one at another school but she still hasn't gotten back to me. EPIK said I have to have one by the 22nd to get bumped up to the next pay scale.
Anyone know who I can contact in SMOE to get one?
I don't understand why they can't just look it up on the computer and see that I worked for SMOE before?

Offline Grimne_Lothos

• Expert Waygook
Re: Proof of teaching letter
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 09:18:05 PM »
the letter comes from your admin office..call the school and ask for them ..they will charge you like 1000 won or something.

Offline Coletta

• Newgookin
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 02:19:27 PM »
Hi

If we work for Epik, does the admin office of the school or Epik give a proof of teaching letter? I am South African and your pay scale also depends on proof from the borough that you worked in that City or school.

Offline Rumbledy Hump

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 02:31:38 PM »
Does anyone know what job title the letter uses? Native English Teacher? Teaching Assistant? Bomb Game Sing Song Candy (Wo)Man?

I suppose this will differ by the POE/MOE, so just curious if anyone can share an experience (preferably with location).
But how do I know what to lick and what not to lick?

Offline Mezoti97

• The Legend
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 03:30:49 PM »
If we work for Epik, does the admin office of the school or Epik give a proof of teaching letter?

It's the administration office of your school that issues your proof of employment document.