December 17, 2018, 07:50:37 AM

Author Topic: Gmarket ID and credit card info issues  (Read 1604 times)

Offline Cask85

• Veteran
Gmarket ID and credit card info issues
« on: May 12, 2014, 02:41:06 PM »
I'm looking to purchase something on Gmarket for a friend's bday later this month.

I used to be able to order things easily on my own using my Korean credit card on Gmarket, but after some interface change to the website sometime last year, it seems I haven't been able to make any purchases since.

When I use the English version of the website, it limits me only to my foreign credit card, and if I want to use it, it says I have to send a photocopy of my credit card to Gmarket for them to verify. That seems like such a hassle.

But when I try and purchase an item using the Korean version of the site, while all my information is present (credit card, home billing address, etc), I can't seem to make any purchases. There's now this option that has to do with an app card to verify security purposes, but I don't want to download that app on my phone. I used to be able to just put in my credit card pin, my ARC number, and then get another pin via text message and I'd be done with checking out. But now there just seems way too many hoops to jump through.

Is there another Korean website that makes online shopping easy and painless like Gmarket used to be?

Offline 한소로

• Expert Waygook
  • SMOE
Re: Gmarket ID and credit card info issues
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 02:56:24 PM »
Have you tried bank transfer? It's super easy and takes like a minute to complete.

Offline Hot6^

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 03:25:48 PM »
Have you tried bank transfer? It's super easy and takes like a minute to complete.

This.

Just transfer money into your gmarket account at the ATM. It's super easy.
What you put into Korea, is what you will get out of Korea; it will not spoon feed you.

Offline 한소로

• Expert Waygook
  • SMOE
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 03:29:20 PM »

This.

Just transfer money into your gmarket account at the ATM. It's super easy.

Yeah, or just use your online banking and deposit it immediately from home.