October 24, 2018, 12:56:31 AM

Author Topic: Clothes recycling - What happens to the clothes?  (Read 732 times)

Offline katsy3g4

• Veteran
Clothes recycling - What happens to the clothes?
« on: May 06, 2014, 09:15:54 AM »
Hello all! With the coming of spring, I've been deep cleaning my apartment and have come up with quite a few clothes that I would like to get rid of. I've heard of the donation bins around Seoul but I don't have any near my place and I have so much to donate that traveling a long distance would be troublesome.

Luckily, in the recycling area of my building there is a small space with the label "헌옷/신발" (second hand clothes/shoes). My question is if I put the clothes I want to get rid of here, what happens to them? A lot of the clothes are in really good condition from good stores so I would hate to them just thrown away. If someone else could take them that would be fantastic. If I put my clothes here will they eventually find their way to a good home or will they be pitched?

Offline taeyang

• Moderator - LVL 4
  • Waygook Lord
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

Offline GoCyclones

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: Clothes recycling - What happens to the clothes?
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 11:07:53 AM »
Since that link doesn't actually answer the OP's question...

I know that many of the older clothes end up recycled and used to make that cloth-like material they place over sections of dirt on the sidewalks when they are renovating.  I imagine they remove some of the nicer clothes for sale first.