February 17, 2019, 03:22:11 PM

Author Topic: Air pollution - bad enough to leave Korea?  (Read 96825 times)

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
Re: Air pollution - bad enough to leave Korea?
« Reply #700 on: January 15, 2019, 10:27:57 AM »
It's a waste of energy to heat a classroom with the thermostat on 25C but with the classroom door open. That's making more air pollution while burning up finite natural resources. 

Offline alexisalex

• Super Waygook
« Reply #701 on: January 16, 2019, 09:39:36 AM »
I've been here for five years and I've never taken any notice of the air quality; never worried about it, never felt sick, never wear a mask.

But recently the stuff I've been seeing on Facebook expat groups is like something out of Birdbox..."Don't take off your mask!!  If you take off your mask I will hurt you!"  People talking about dust particles entering your bloodstream and causing diseases and all sorts of nasty things.

Is it really that bad?  People being too melodramatic?  I can't tell.

Offline raysmith

• Super Waygook
« Reply #702 on: January 16, 2019, 10:18:11 AM »
I've been here for five years and I've never taken any notice of the air quality; never worried about it, never felt sick, never wear a mask.

But recently the stuff I've been seeing on Facebook expat groups is like something out of Birdbox..."Don't take off your mask!!  If you take off your mask I will hurt you!"  People talking about dust particles entering your bloodstream and causing diseases and all sorts of nasty things.

I arrived in South Korea in March 2012.  I almost left the first week because the air pollution was so dreadful.  I ended up leaving after five years - no improvement in that time.

I am now told that the situation is worse in the city I live in.  They have posted photos. People are not being melodramatic.  The air pollution is dreadful.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #703 on: January 16, 2019, 10:22:34 AM »

Yes and no. The pollution was REALLY bad the last couple of days and you probably should wear a mask (though the usefulness of those is questionable).

At the same time, people these days crap themselves in fear over everything and get wayyyy too panicky.

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #704 on: January 23, 2019, 04:14:09 AM »

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #705 on: January 24, 2019, 12:40:40 PM »
Here in the Southern Hemisphere the UV rays from the sun are really extreme because there isn't much pollution to block the sun, and you bastard Northerners produce so much pollution that you destroyed the ozone layer. Even when it's 20C outside I can feel my skin start to burn within minutes of going outside.

(shakes fist)
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM

Trump is a liar and a con man.