February 17, 2019, 03:50:23 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: Are there any stores in Seoul that sell Dungeons & Dragons supplies?  (Read 3412 times)

Offline Gekokujou

• Veteran
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows of any places in Seoul that sells Dungeons & Dragons supplies. Things like the board game itself, figures you have to paint, dices, and so forth. I'm looking for these to use for my Winter camp starting on January 6th.

If there isn't any, can you direct me to a reliable online store that can send via express mail? I have tried looking myself but came up with nothing that looked reliable enough.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 01:02:14 PM by Gekokujou »

Offline OogaBooga

• Veteran
Re: Are there any stores in Seoul that sell Dungeons & Dragons supplies?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 02:08:51 PM »
You can find a few things at Orc Town, but that's mostly geared toward Warhammer and other war games.

I've seen sets of polyhedral dice in some of these stationary stores, but not very frequently. They're expensive too, especially if you buy online. It might be cheaper to get your dice shipped from the states. Find a friend in the Army that will let you ship things to his address; that makes a lot of things much easier.

You can order gaming books through What The Book, but they don't keep many in stock.

Offline jclarkwriter

• Waygookin
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 02:52:28 PM »
I can't remember the name of the site now, but someone in a Facebook group referred me to a website that will ship to internationally. It had dice, and I believe other supplies as well.

You can check out "D&D in Busan" on Facebook and I'm sure someone will be able to tell you what the site was, or give you a reliable one. (There is probably a similar group in Seoul with people who can help.)

As for a board, you can find tons of 1 inch grids, some with terrain printed on them and others plain with a simple internet search. I've laminated some of these for actual game play, but if you're just using it in camp you may not need the extra expense of doing that.

Orc Town, mentioned in the previous post, has Warhammer 40k and Warmachine figures and paint if I remember correctly, but you can also get paint and painting supplies from a Gundam store which are all over here! If you aren't picky about the style of figures you're using, Gundam figures are always a possibility, too. I'm not sure how they compare cost-wise to the 40k stuff, but if you're shopping locally, I think those are going to be your only two options.

I WISH there was a gaming store in this COUNTRY, but pickings are, unfortunately, pretty slim.

Offline rampancy

• Super Waygook
  • Perpetually Caffeinated.
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 03:35:31 PM »
Randomly enough, there's a general store/stationary store in my neighbourhood that sells gaming dice in packs of five; it's a pack with a d4, d8, d10, d12, and d20, for 700 won.

When do you need them? If you really want them, let me know how much you need and I can ship them to you. (I would request just a small sum to cover shipping costs.)
"You shouldn't ask yourself such worthless questions. Aim higher. Try this: why am I here? Why do I exist, and what is
my purpose in this universe? (Answers: 'Cause you are. 'Cause you do. 'Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one.)"

Offline OogaBooga

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 06:11:35 PM »
Randomly enough, there's a general store/stationary store in my neighbourhood that sells gaming dice in packs of five; it's a pack with a d4, d8, d10, d12, and d20, for 700 won.

When do you need them? If you really want them, let me know how much you need and I can ship them to you. (I would request just a small sum to cover shipping costs.)

Nice. If a friend of mine weren't going back to the states and picking up a pound of Game Science dice for me I would take you up on that as well.

Offline Jbrady1985

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 08:03:59 PM »
For strictly D&D i think others have mentioned everything that comes close. If you're looking for board games and cards games as well Dive dice has wonderful selection, the guys i've met there don't speak a ton of english but they're friendly and helpful:
http://www.divedice.com/shop/main/index.php
other board game shops:
http://swirleysays.wordpress.com/2013/04/21/buying-and-playing-board-games-in-seoul/

As for D&D supplies my groups have found it most cost effective to pool our resources and get one large international shipment. Places i've ordered from and recommend in order of customer service and pricing:
http://www.darkelfdice.com/

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/

Sorry i can't be more helpful, hope you have a great game ^^

Offline Gekokujou

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 10:03:57 PM »
Many thanks for the replies everyone, you have all given me enough to work with. As a matter of fact I have just checked Dive Dice in Hyehwa today but unfortunately, they don't have D&D. I guess my best bet is to shop online with the sites you've all recommended to me.

Thanks again for your help everyone, and you all take care of yourselves during winter. Peace.

Offline dungeonmaster

• Newgookin
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 09:41:03 AM »
There is a store called Dice Latte in Dongdaemungu and a store called Laughing Goblin in Mapo-Gu. Here is a website that can help you further:

http://locator.wizards.com/#brand=dnd&a=search&p=Seoul,+South+Korea&c=37.566535,126.97796919999996&massmarket=no