September 24, 2018, 01:16:06 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: out of country interview...what to tell school  (Read 1153 times)

Offline letunstall@gmail.com

• Adventurer
out of country interview...what to tell school
« on: March 26, 2011, 07:30:49 AM »
I have an interview scheduled in LA in June that will require me to take about 3 working days off. My Gunpo/GEPIK contract does not give personal days and they are weird about letting me use sick days, contract says it has to be en emergency illness. One day I was sick they still insisted I come in, but sleep at my desk.  With advanced notice, I can take a day off and it's deducted from my two week vacation in July, but I'm not sure they are going to go for giving me 3 days off, especially if they know it's for another job interview. The new job would not start until August. If I miss this interview, I'm missing out on a huge opportunity. I don't want to get fired, I feel weird about lying to my co teacher. Any suggestions? I want to finish my contract here (ends August), but I'm definitely not coming back to Korea after that.

Offline dchrzano

• Veteran
Re: out of country interview...what to tell school
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 08:40:41 AM »
What about doing a Skype interview?
De

Offline Ectofuego

• Featured Contributor
  • Expert Waygook
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 08:42:51 AM »
What about doing a Skype interview?

I agree, have you asked them about a internet video interview.  Tell them you are obligated to stay and work to finish your contract.  They should understand the professionalism behind it as they should hope you do the same for them.
I'm Jason and I approve this message!

Offline letunstall@gmail.com

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 12:23:52 PM »
Already asked. It's Abu Dhabi Educational Council. They only do in person interviews in English speaking countries. So I have to leave for the USA in June.

Offline Cereal

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Awwww man!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 04:35:14 PM »
The important question is, how certain are you of getting the job? If the interview is a mere formality and the job is yours or you are as certain as one can possibly be, tell your co-teacher exactly what is happening and go to the interview. If they fire you because of it you haven't really lost a lot, a few bucks. What you have gained will outweigh that easily.
"The urge to destroy is also a creative urge."
Bakunin