November 21, 2018, 04:39:56 PM

Author Topic: Directions to Soundgarden?  (Read 2811 times)

Offline Eoin

• Waygookin
Directions to Soundgarden?
« on: March 19, 2011, 02:13:29 PM »
Can anybody give me detailed directions to Soundgarden in Jinju? The Facebook page for it doesn't give much information.

If anyone can explain it in relation to a major landmark or something that'd be great.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 02:24:41 PM by Eoin »

Offline google jockey

• Adventurer
Re: Directions to Soundgarden?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 07:52:37 AM »

Offline Mel123

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 09:08:25 AM »
I wanted to give you directions, but I can't! it's really hard to explain, but I'll try - near the University, if you go towards the front gate from the Shinandong area there is a little stream and small bridge on your right just before the front gate of the University. (not just before, maybe a kilometer before the Uni) I think there is a WA something coffee place too. (a sign which is easy to spot) You cross the little bridge, walk towards the WA coffee place and it'll be on  your right, there is a sign and you go up the stairs. There is a green onion chicken place in the same street too!
I think you can take the 166 bus towards the university, but then you will come from the other side and will see the front gate of the Uni on you left, starbucks on your right, go straight from there and you will see the stream and little bridge on your left. The front gate of the university is easy to spot, as it has those elephant tusks things before it. Don't go into the Uni, just go straight.
I'm talking about the big University, not the one by the Express bus terminal.
There might be a chance that I have just confused you now and that you will now never find it :( I'm really sorry if that happened, but it is really in that area but can be hard to find.
What is happening at soundgarden and when?  :D

Offline shmoogrin

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 10:51:21 AM »
Those were terrible directions, no offence meant.  When you are facing the main gates of Gyeongsang National University, turn right and go along the main road until you pass under the elevated rail line.  There will be a small bridge with a Wain-Ing Coffee on the other side.  Cross the bridge, go past the waining coffee (the side with the entrance door) about 1 block and Soundgarden is there on the second floor.  Have fun!

Offline suzettec

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 11:06:37 AM »
Nice to see new faces in the Ju.

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
Re: Directions so Soundgarden?
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 12:26:48 PM »
For a second this title got me really excited and I thought by some magical chance the band Soundgarden was coming to Korea.

Sorry - I can't help with your actual question, though.

Same here. I just about killed myself trying to log into the Korean equivalent of ticketmaster before I realized this didn't refer to the band. :'(

Offline Eoin

• Waygookin
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 09:19:38 PM »
Thanks google jockey, Mel123 and shmoogrin. Mel123: I donít know whatís happening, I just hope there are some people there to talk to and drink with!  :)
My plan is to go there tomorrow night anyway if anybody is interested.
suzettec, the welcome is very much appreciated.

Offline Eoin

• Waygookin
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 09:26:53 PM »
Just realised "tomorrow night" just be confusing depending on when you read it. I was referring to Friday 25 March.