December 11, 2018, 03:46:13 PM

Author Topic: US Spousal Immigration Visa Thread  (Read 170909 times)

Offline toddc06

• Super Waygook
Re: US Spousal Immigration Visa Thread
« Reply #260 on: July 26, 2014, 09:43:15 AM »
I was told by the immigration officer upon entering that my spouse's passport was her temporary green card and she could work using that until the green card came.  They didn't mention any other forms.

Offline Shinu

• Adventurer
« Reply #261 on: July 29, 2014, 12:15:51 PM »
I was told by the immigration officer upon entering that my spouse's passport was her temporary green card and she could work using that until the green card came.  They didn't mention any other forms.

This is exactly what I thought but the worker kept asking for an I-94 and kept saying that my husband needed it to legally work.  I did some research, and our spouses don't need it.

I'm assuming the worker didn't know much about permanent residents bc she wasn't even sure if my husband was eligible for a ss card and had to ask her supervisor.

But thanks for clarifying the information! 

Offline Shinu

• Adventurer
« Reply #262 on: August 08, 2014, 08:54:58 AM »
Just to update.  We finally got the ss card and green card in the mail today.  The green card took 5 weeks to come in.

Offline Ley_Druid

• The Legend
« Reply #263 on: August 09, 2014, 09:33:11 AM »
Just to update.  We finally got the ss card and green card in the mail today.  The green card took 5 weeks to come in.

What was your total time? I just got married last month and now we are getting ready to apply. Thanks!

Offline Ley_Druid

• The Legend
« Reply #264 on: August 10, 2014, 09:17:47 PM »
Anyone know anything about the "Certificate of Acceptance" or 수리증명서? I didn't see anything posted about that on the embassy website, but my wife said in Korean that it is necessary. Anyone recently applied?

Offline Shinu

• Adventurer
« Reply #265 on: August 14, 2014, 05:10:21 AM »
Ley_Druid---I don't know anything about the certificate of acceptance. 

Also, I would say you can get everything done from the initial I-130 to your interview to getting the spousal visa in less than 3 months (if you do everything through the Seoul office).  Once you get in the U.S, you'll get the rest of his/her documents (ss card, driver's license, green card) in less than 2 months (in my case anyways).

Offline Monfab

• Veteran
« Reply #266 on: August 28, 2014, 12:12:07 PM »
Wow, so after what feels like a long time the embassy is now processing my visa.

I have to admit I ballsed up slightly and got the wrong police check from the UK. BUT, with that said the embassy staff were really nice about it and made it clear what I had to do.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for all the information and help. I'll post again once I have my passport back.

Veni, Vidi, Vici.......... but I got a little cold

Offline Rodrigo3586

• Adventurer
« Reply #267 on: September 02, 2014, 02:41:14 PM »
I have an appointment to submit my I-130 on the 15th and I just want to make sure I've got all my paperwork together. Here's what I'll be bringing:

I-130
G-325A (for both of us)
Two passport photos
Marriage Certificate
Passports

Is there anything else we will need? I saw somewhere on this post that a person needed birth certificates, is this necessary for everyone?

Thanks for the help, ya'll!

Offline Shinu

• Adventurer
« Reply #268 on: September 08, 2014, 09:13:34 AM »
I have an appointment to submit my I-130 on the 15th and I just want to make sure I've got all my paperwork together. Here's what I'll be bringing:

I-130
G-325A (for both of us)
Two passport photos
Marriage Certificate
Passports

Is there anything else we will need? I saw somewhere on this post that a person needed birth certificates, is this necessary for everyone?

Thanks for the help, ya'll!

I got this from another post on here:

Paperwork needed:
I-130 form

G-325A (two- one for the immigrant and one for the petitioner)

Two passport type photos

Marriage Certificate-  혼인관계 증명서

Family Registry--가족관계 증명서 (I'm assuming only if you're marrying a Korean)

Immigrantsí birth certificate 기본 증명서

Passport Copies- both people

Petitionerís ARC card- they will copy

NOTE: all Korean documents need to be translated.

And don't forget the fee ($420).  Only cash is accepted either Korean won or usd.  Also, bring originals and copies of all documents. 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 09:15:59 AM by Shinu »

Offline Ley_Druid

• The Legend
« Reply #269 on: September 26, 2014, 12:02:59 PM »
Is anyone currently in the process? I turned in my papers a month ago, but my wife keeps telling me that Koreans on the Korean forums are reporting one a week or two to get packet-3.

Offline Ley_Druid

• The Legend
« Reply #270 on: September 26, 2014, 01:10:50 PM »
Is anyone currently in the process? I turned in my papers a month ago, but my wife keeps telling me that Koreans on the Korean forums are reporting one a week or two to get packet-3.

Nevermind. I got someone from the department on the phone and they said that it was approved on September 25th, yesterday, so it took about one month, for anyone wondering, and it is currently being sent to the visa department for the packet 3 prep. :azn:

Offline Rodrigo3586

• Adventurer
« Reply #271 on: September 30, 2014, 01:47:01 PM »
We turned in our I-130 on the 15th of this month and have already received our packet 3 stuff. It only took them two weeks to approve the I-130!

Offline Ley_Druid

• The Legend
« Reply #272 on: September 30, 2014, 04:01:37 PM »
We turned in our I-130 on the 15th of this month and have already received our packet 3 stuff. It only took them two weeks to approve the I-130!

Wow, half the time it took me. I guess maybe they do things in the middle of the month or something. I got my packet 3 and I found that we have to plan the interview within a month. I mean, we cannot plan it a few months ahead like we hoped. But when I tried to register, it asked about receiving documents and having them shipped or picked up in person, but I had no idea what they were talking about. Any idea on that?

Offline toddc06

• Super Waygook
« Reply #273 on: September 30, 2014, 07:15:03 PM »
I think it is asking if you want to pick up your spouse's passport/visa or have it shipped.  If I remember correctly there is an option to pick it up from the delivery company's office closest to you, and we originally chose that but it was out of the way so we called and had them deliver it.  It actually came pretty fast.

Offline Ley_Druid

• The Legend
« Reply #274 on: September 30, 2014, 11:12:07 PM »
I think it is asking if you want to pick up your spouse's passport/visa or have it shipped.  If I remember correctly there is an option to pick it up from the delivery company's office closest to you, and we originally chose that but it was out of the way so we called and had them deliver it.  It actually came pretty fast.
So we cannot have it picked up at the embassy? I tried pick-up and delivery, and whatever the third option was, but I couldn't find one where we could pick it up at the embassy.

Offline iamrhart

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #275 on: October 01, 2014, 02:08:32 AM »
When u go in for the interview the clerk will ask you what you want to do. To make the process easier, you should fill out the delivery information before goimg to the office. And then print out the receipt. When she asks about the delivery information then hand over the address receipt.

*sorry. I said "she"...but the interviewer COULD be a man too. No disrespect*
You only live today once. You wont get a second chance. You wont get to live it twice. So make the most of it.

A sane man in an insane world will appear insane.

Offline Ley_Druid

• The Legend
« Reply #276 on: October 01, 2014, 07:38:07 AM »
When u go in for the interview the clerk will ask you what you want to do. To make the process easier, you should fill out the delivery information before goimg to the office. And then print out the receipt. When she asks about the delivery information then hand over the address receipt.

*sorry. I said "she"...but the interviewer COULD be a man too. No disrespect*

Cool, thanks! It is kind of important because my wife is actually working in another country, so she will only be here for about three weeks.

Offline Rodrigo3586

• Adventurer
« Reply #277 on: October 01, 2014, 07:41:02 AM »
I thought there wasn't a time limit to turn in the packet 3/interview. My wife is still waiting on her Canadian background check to come through. Where did you see or hear this info?

Offline Ley_Druid

• The Legend
« Reply #278 on: October 01, 2014, 07:46:35 AM »
I thought there wasn't a time limit to turn in the packet 3/interview. My wife is still waiting on her Canadian background check to come through. Where did you see or hear this info?

The time limit to turn in the packet 3 is two years from the date that it was emailed to  you.

Offline Rodrigo3586

• Adventurer
« Reply #279 on: October 01, 2014, 07:49:26 AM »

The time limit to turn in the packet 3 is two years from the date that it was emailed to  you.

Well alright. That makes me feel better about this. Thanks for clarifying!