March 23, 2019, 12:04:50 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: US Spousal Immigration Visa Thread  (Read 175634 times)

Offline iamrhart

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: US Spousal Immigration Visa Thread
« Reply #140 on: February 21, 2014, 06:32:29 PM »
Well Idk about the skin thing...the test was for my wife...I guess TB must be found in the lungs or something..they did everything blood, vaccines and every physical except the skin thing..It's totally normal to get the results on the same day...A friend's wife did same over a year ago and got her results the same day too and she passed...It might just depend on which hospital you go to I guess

cool. well, congratulations
You only live today once. You wont get a second chance. You wont get to live it twice. So make the most of it.

A sane man in an insane world will appear insane.

Offline WellNowWhat

• Veteran
« Reply #141 on: February 25, 2014, 11:38:35 AM »
My wife and I will be married over 2 years when we apply for a visa for her. In that time I'll file u.s. taxes twice living overseas.

will I have to show proof of the income I filed on? That is to say, if I made $30,000 do I have to prove I made $30,000 or can I just say I made $30k? I won't have any "W-2" like papers working overseas.

Also, since we will still be living overseas when we apply, will my income in Korea matter? If I made $30k or $50K or whatever, will that count in any way toward getting a spouse visa?

Offline iamrhart

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #142 on: February 25, 2014, 12:05:08 PM »
My wife and I will be married over 2 years when we apply for a visa for her. In that time I'll file u.s. taxes twice living overseas.

will I have to show proof of the income I filed on? That is to say, if I made $30,000 do I have to prove I made $30,000 or can I just say I made $30k? I won't have any "W-2" like papers working overseas.

Also, since we will still be living overseas when we apply, will my income in Korea matter? If I made $30k or $50K or whatever, will that count in any way toward getting a spouse visa?

to answer your questions (based on what i understand of the process):
1) if you made 30k when you filled the AOS, then that is what you should prove. 'however' they will want the most recent tax year as proof. ALSO, there is a section that says "any changes or updates should be reported...blah blah blah". i think that is only in reference to Address, but you could always Email the NVC (you must keep in communication with them, at least one email a year) and ask them.
2) your income is your income. that is what needs to be entered on the forms. it wont matter what country you are from, it is still money that you make to live your life.
You only live today once. You wont get a second chance. You wont get to live it twice. So make the most of it.

Offline mfriend12

• Waygookin
« Reply #143 on: February 25, 2014, 02:39:58 PM »

You can use your Korean income, but you must have filed US tax returns. Your "proof of income" will be your tax transcripts. These can be ordered for free from the IRS website.

Offline iamrhart

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #144 on: February 25, 2014, 02:43:13 PM »

You can use your Korean income, but you must have filed US tax returns. Your "proof of income" will be your tax transcripts. These can be ordered for free from the IRS website.
Ordered, downloaded, and printed.

Offline popeye2u

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #145 on: February 25, 2014, 02:48:52 PM »
Anybody marry a filipina that didnt require to have a joint sponsor?
Illegally Screwed By Employers in Korea:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1628928127347749/

Offline WellNowWhat

• Veteran
« Reply #146 on: February 25, 2014, 03:50:39 PM »

I'll be filing u.s. tax returns both years. I will need to show income above the 125% poverty level? the more income the better?

Offline iamrhart

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #147 on: February 25, 2014, 07:30:02 PM »

I'll be filing u.s. tax returns both years. I will need to show income above the 125% poverty level? the more income the better?

You dont have to "show" it. The transcript will state it. just bring your most recent transcript. and if you want the 2nd and 3rd year, its optional

Offline Rilakuma

• Adventurer
« Reply #148 on: February 27, 2014, 09:00:43 PM »

If you are sponsoring only one person the current amount you must make is $19,387 in the 2012 tax year. Making more than this is great, but I don't think any extra wealth will affect your application that much. I sponsored one person, showed my income of $19,600 for the 2012 tax year, and that was good enough for them. I didn't have to show evidence of any other savings or investments.

You are required to submit your 2012 tax returns w/ W-2 or you can show your tax transcript. It is optional to show the 2010 and 2011 tax transcripts. The only information they need from those years is your total earnings for the year.

Offline iamrhart

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2014, 08:45:29 AM »
Here is what we used for translation.  Just fill in your names, numbers and addresses.

how did you reference the translation? like "i __deturnedkorea__ certify that this is an accurate translation of the _(criminal record check)__"?

Offline detunedkorea

• Adventurer
  • Living the dream since 2005....
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2014, 10:14:22 AM »
No reference. I just handed in the Korean copies and the English copies together.  I've never had any questions about the translations and I know others have used them with no problems. 

My guess is they get so many of these a day at the Seoul office they know what to expect.

Offline iamrhart

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #151 on: March 11, 2014, 05:45:36 PM »
Ran into a snag today. Need your help.

I have an Email. The email tells me that the Amount i entered on the AOS (i-864) 13 a.1. needs to match the Income Tax transcript.  For the AOS, i wrote "XYZ" and on the Tax Transcript, it says "XYZ"....

there is only two other parts, that i could imagine this is 'confusing'. the first part is that the Tax Transcript says this number is "-XYZ", and i wrote "+XYZ".
the second part is AOS I-864 Income section.  it asks for the Current Annual Income. I wrote "TUV" based on what i will make this year (2014). was i supposed to write the same Annual Income from 2013 into the AOS?

1) make everything say "-XYZ"?
2) make only the Tax Return Part says "-XYZ"?

i emailed the NVC, but i dont know what they will say. communication with them seems to be three to four weeks at best.

if you dont want to post an answer in here, could you PM me please? thank you.

Offline detunedkorea

• Adventurer
  • Living the dream since 2005....
« Reply #152 on: March 11, 2014, 09:54:22 PM »

1) make everything say "-XYZ"?
2) make only the Tax Return Part says "-XYZ"?

For this part I think what you are getting at is the Adjusted Gross Income on the tax transcripts is negative so should you list your income as negative too?

When I filed it out I listed the income a positive as that is how it is listed under 'wages' and 'total positive income' on the transcript

the second part is AOS I-864 Income section.  it asks for the Current Annual Income. I wrote "TUV" based on what i will make this year (2014). was i supposed to write the same Annual Income from 2013 into the AOS?

For this part I used my 2013 annual income on the AOS and did not bother trying to estimate my 2014 income

Offline Monfab

• Veteran
« Reply #153 on: March 12, 2014, 03:22:00 PM »
Hey guys,
I had a quick look but couldn't find the information. Roughly how long after your interview (if successful) is the visa issued? Just wondering if my finish date is October 1st will I  be safe to schedule an interview over Summer vacation.
Veni, Vidi, Vici.......... but I got a little cold

Offline Monfab

• Veteran
« Reply #154 on: March 12, 2014, 03:39:35 PM »
Balls, I forgot to also ask if you can do the medical on the weekend? I live about 5 hours away from Seoul and 3 from Busan.

Offline Shinu

• Adventurer
« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2014, 01:56:20 PM »
Hey guys,
I had a quick look but couldn't find the information. Roughly how long after your interview (if successful) is the visa issued? Just wondering if my finish date is October 1st will I  be safe to schedule an interview over Summer vacation.

They will tell you at the interview that it will take a week but I would say 3-5 days.  I read that some people received their visas within 3 days.  Our interview was a day or two before the Lunar New year so it took a little longer (5days).

Offline iamrhart

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2014, 02:15:20 PM »
the hospitals in Busan are not open on Saturday.
one of the hospitals in Seoul is. you should call them and ask. they speak english

Offline Monfab

• Veteran
« Reply #157 on: March 14, 2014, 07:33:05 AM »
Awesome, thank you so much for your help Shinu and iamrhart.

Offline fkruz47

• Explorer
« Reply #158 on: March 17, 2014, 08:47:53 PM »
About the medical exam: do you need to give the doctor a record of vaccinations or will they do the necessary titer tests to determine whether or not you've been vaccinated?

Offline iamrhart

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #159 on: March 18, 2014, 07:16:38 AM »
About the medical exam: do you need to give the doctor a record of vaccinations or will they do the necessary titer tests to determine whether or not you've been vaccinated?

when i spoke with the nurse-lady she asked me if my wife had her Medical History. i told her "no" and she said it is no problem.

also, on the "vaccination list" "prepare for the medical exam", it suggests you have a medical history available, but that it is not necessary, as the Doctor will do an 'interview' to determine which ones you need. For example, if your wife had Chickenpox as a child, she probably wont need to have the Vaccine as an Adult.