November 13, 2018, 02:30:33 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: Chest Hair  (Read 4285 times)

Offline Lawrence

• Super Waygook
Chest Hair
« on: July 04, 2013, 02:52:01 PM »
Since it is summer time now I have been wearing the polo shirts but I keep getting flack over the chest hair showing. First, some girl students pointed it out, along with the usual laughter. My main co-teacher also said that I should button up. Now, the boys are saying the same thing. There are two buttons on each shirt. I was doing one button closed and the other open but it appears that the boys want that closed too. So does anyone else get these comments?

Offline MJHanson

• Expert Waygook
Re: Chest Hair
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 03:03:22 PM »
I trim (or shave) the top of my chest hair that would stick out of the top of a shirt.  Personally, I just don't like the look of it poking out.  It makes me feel like an old man.  But I've never had any Koreans mention anything negative about it.  My (Korean) girlfriend actually likes my chest hair.  I offered to wax it when we started dating (because I assumed she wouldn't like it), but she told me it was cute.  Though I do trim it with a hair clipper if I expect I will be swimming or somewhere with my shirt off.  I just get annoyed with all the fascination from strangers. 

Offline iamrhart

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 03:05:45 PM »
I dont get much flack for it....yet.

there are other things about me that amazes them. like how i can go from looking one way to getting a haircut and looking completely different
You only live today once. You wont get a second chance. You wont get to live it twice. So make the most of it.

A sane man in an insane world will appear insane.

Offline Hoosier_Jedi

• Expert Waygook
  • I'm a knight of my own republic.
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 03:07:44 PM »
I just shave my chest. It doesn't take long and helps keep me cool.

Offline oatmealkooky

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 03:13:17 PM »
They can all just grow the hell up and get over it.

Offline iamrhart

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 03:17:20 PM »

that might be asking too much. have you talked to some of these Elderly people (too)? tempertantrums for the simplest reasons
You only live today once. You wont get a second chance. You wont get to live it twice. So make the most of it.

Offline aklimkewicz

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 03:22:59 PM »
I wouldn't shave my arms, so why the hell would I shave my chest?
Dropbox is the BEST way to coordinate files between home and school. Click here to get it --> https://db.tt/JSMXsrdm

Offline confusedsafferinkorea

• The Legend
  • The only thing that is constant in life, is change
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 03:24:42 PM »

+1

Good grief what next?  Perhaps my eye colour is going to upset someone soon..... I can hear it now...... Saffer, will you please get contact lens, those blue eyes.... we don't do that in Korea.  ;D ;D ;D
Everything is not as it seems.

No one owes you anything.... get over it.

NEVER think a failure is the end of the world, it is the beginning of a new opportunity.

There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

• The Legend
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 07:45:03 AM »
The more I think about this the more offensive I find it. Next time someone says something to you about it, reply 'Do you know how offensive it is to say what you are saying?'.

Man some people are screwed up here. :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 07:47:01 AM by confusedsafferinkorea »

NEVER think a failure is the end of the world, it is the beginning of a new opportunity.

Offline Lawrence

• Super Waygook
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 10:57:16 AM »
The more I think about this the more offensive I find it. Next time someone says something to you about it, reply 'Do you know how offensive it is to say what you are saying?'.

Man some people are screwed up here. :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Personally, I think it is very weird. I'm Italian American and I think back to being in NY with all the Italian guys with the gold chains, slicked back hair, low cut shirts, etc and I could never imagine anyone saying a word to them about chest hair. Sometimes people in the States make a big deal about women's shirts being too revealing. That is what I feel like here. I feel like a woman in a sense. That is why I never liked hearing about how women should cover up. It is their choice and the same thing here. I don't like buttoning up because it is so hot. I like the hot weather but I need some ventilation. I might point that out to a student next time but I doubt they would understand. They are certainly not going to understand, "forgetaboutit", lol.

Offline MJHanson

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2013, 11:34:04 AM »
I suppose when you think that the only place many Koreans have hair other than on their head is around their genitalia, they probably do find it very strange and uncomfortable to see a man's chest hair poking out. 

Nonetheless, if they want Western teachers, this is what Western teachers look like.  We sometimes have hairy chests, and hairy arms, and different colored eyes, and different colored skin, and big noses, and freckles.....

Offline wrinklebump

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013, 12:48:00 PM »

+1

I wouldn't shave my arms, so why the hell would I shave my chest?

+1
Livin in a pathetic epidemic with schizophrenics buyin synthetic bodies on credit

Offline iamrhart

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 09:30:47 AM »
Not many ladies posting in here eh?

Next time you have a female tell you to cover up your chest. tell her to 'cover up your legs', or wear something LONGER than underwear. bet that wont go-over well. or at least that will end the female-attack of your Manly Appearance.

Offline miyashirosan11

• Newgookin
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 09:28:56 AM »
Whoah, guys, this is so bizarre. Just 5 minutes before reading this post, the P.E. teacher at my school said, "You have a lot of body hair."  As if I didn't know that already????  I used to shave my chest hair that showed above my collar, but now I really can care less. Once a friend of mine (a girl) said, "You should shave your arms." I replied, "I'll shave my arms if you shave your mustache."

I wonder if part of the reason that chest hair and facial hair are so "hated" here is that Korean men don't have these things.
I think you may be right, but my coteachers said they think Wolverine is sexy. So I can guess that some women here like the manliness of a hairy masculine guy, and some Korean guys may envy us.

Offline bammertheblue

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2013, 11:17:04 PM »
My male coworker has kids touch his arm hair sometimes. But since they're young children, he doesn't get all bent out of shape over it. Adults would be a different story, but I haven't seen that happen.

Guys stare at my breasts constantly because it's summer and I'm not gonna wear a sweater to "cover myself". As long as they don't try to touch me, we're copasetic. It's not like they're used to seeing D cups, I guess it's very interesting. LMFAO.

• The Legend
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2013, 06:13:04 AM »
Not many ladies posting in here eh?

Next time you have a female tell you to cover up your chest. tell her to 'cover up your legs', or wear something LONGER than underwear. bet that wont go-over well. or at least that will end the female-attack of your Manly Appearance.

Guess that is because not many have hairy chests.   ;D ;D ;D

Offline Lawrence

• Super Waygook
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2013, 09:01:36 AM »
My male coworker has kids touch his arm hair sometimes. But since they're young children, he doesn't get all bent out of shape over it. Adults would be a different story, but I haven't seen that happen.

Guys stare at my breasts constantly because it's summer and I'm not gonna wear a sweater to "cover myself". As long as they don't try to touch me, we're copasetic. It's not like they're used to seeing D cups, I guess it's very interesting. LMFAO.

I don't have too much arm hair but I wouldn't be upset if someone touches my arms, kids or adults. I can't for the life of me figure out why so many Koreans wear long sleeve shirts and jackets in the summer. I'm sweating like crazy with short sleeves and shorts on. Also you are correct they don't see D cups and you shouldn't have to cover yourself for them. It is there problem, you don't need heat exhaustion. They stare at everything for no logical reason, it gets annoying after a while.

Offline ukukuk

• Super Waygook
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 03:05:22 PM »
Im a hairy gorilla man and have always had comments about it all the way from puberty

i trim it now, my first job in korea i made te mistake of wearing shorts and had loadsa brats pulling my leg hairs

but yeah i trim it, mainly because it doesnt help in the summer heat