December 11, 2018, 06:18:43 AM

Author Topic: let's ignore vague and ill defined thread titles...concise titles only please.  (Read 821 times)

Offline pigeonfart

• Expert Waygook
I'm tired of seeing vague titles like "help me" or "i have a problem." I often click these links only to find i have no interest in the subject matter. I then have wasted 4 seconds on my personal time (yes, my time is valuable!  :smiley:)

So could posters please write a good concise title that gives the reader a good idea what their thread is about.

If all users ignore such vague titles, then by the process of survival of the fittest, the person will have to repost with an accurate title. This will change the culture of the forum for the benefit of all.

Now, do i really have nothing better to do than complain about trivial things like this?...Fair point. I'm off now. Have a nice day.

Offline justanotherwaygook

• Featured Contributor
  • The Legend
It's a good point.  When they're excessively vague, I modify the title when I catch it. 

Concise titles help everyone.  They attract the attention of those who can help you, save the time of those who can't but click anyways and help the OP by getting them the help.
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.