November 18, 2018, 10:17:31 AM

Author Topic: Deleted.  (Read 4976 times)

Offline #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
Deleted.
« on: March 03, 2011, 12:49:15 PM »
[note: deleted]
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 11:52:40 AM by #basedcowboyshirt »

Offline The.it.girl

• Veteran
Tell that fool to stop acting crazy... I need atleast 2 weeks and even then I wont be done with an entire semesters lesson plans!!! Tell her its impossible!!!

Offline eggplant_tyrant

• Super Waygook
Copy, paste. If she wants them all now, she doesn't care about quality, she just need to file them with the principal.

Offline sweet_potato

• Super Waygook
Are you in middle school? This is pretty common for middle school. I also hope you have a book.

By "lesson plan" they normally mean an outline. Just make a really basic outline and fill it out super-basically. Like this:

Lesson 1 "Name" Date ____
Title: "Lesson title"
Purpose: (check the book, for example "to teach students past tense")
- point 1
- point 2
- point 3 (from the book)
- speaking game

Like, literally, just open the book and copy student directions from it.
Don't go crazy and write a lot. If they have anything to say about this, tell them that you've done a reasonable amount of work for the time frame.

Offline hwana

• Expert Waygook
I'm assuming this is just to be filed somewhere and not something you'll have to stick to religiously. Perhaps a rough rendition of the lesson plans at the start of all the teacher's guide books would suffice? They usually break down what you're expected to do in each period.

I was asked the same thing last week but just for my 1st and 2nd grade classes - I'm not the type to make detailed lesson plans anyway, but in the end a simple table just showing the topic I planned to teach each week was enough. In my case they needed to submit something to the local education office and didn't really care whether I actually followed the plan or not - perhaps your situation is similar?

Offline tfuller

• Super Waygook
Here is the lesson plan template that i was given when i first started. Its easy-peasy.
Just do the minimal effort first.. like another poster suggested, they are not after quality but quantity for the superiors.

Offline Adamski

• Adventurer
Copy, paste. If she wants them all now, she doesn't care about quality, she just need to file them with the principal.

this.

happened to me last year. ur principal prob doesnt speak english (and is possibly nuts) and wont even check them.

Offline Ross84

• Adventurer
I had exactly the same situation when I started (but I also had to create a text book with those lesson plans). I don't think they want a detailed description, powerpoint, handouts etc. now. Just the title of each lesson and the basics of what it'll cover(1 or 2 sentences should be sufficient).

And then, also which resources you will need (mine was always, computer, powerpoint program, paper and pencils etc) I'm sure you can find a lesson plan template on here somewhere and just fill in what you have planned for every individual lesson.

Offline LemonWater

• Super Waygook
It is unreasonable to ask for fully detailed lesson plans all at once.

Just give a general course outline. Base it on the textbook. Just say the general topic/chapter and any rough ideas you may have.
E.g. Week 6
Learning aims: practice using the future progressive tense
Lesson: Textbook pg 55-56. Powerpoint explaining the tense. Group activity to help students practice

Week 7. Continue with the future tense
Textbook pg7
Jeopardy review game.

You can always make individual and more detailed lesson plans later. As well as make changes.

Offline misspigeon

• Adventurer

this.

happened to me last year. ur principal prob doesnt speak english (and is possibly nuts) and wont even check them.

Seconded.

I had to do the same thing, I just copied down the headings out of the book and listed the activities underneath. No learning objectives, no materials, just a list. It was mostly for showing the administration that I did something over our week-long spring break.

Offline honeymooners

• Veteran
We were told they wanted ours for the year even though we may not be here.
What they actually wanted was a kind of summery of each lesson we were going to teach and what the students will hopefully learn. We don't have to stick to the plan so we copied out the chapter names and goal for each lesson from the textbooks and used other books for our free classes. So clarify what they need.

Offline wafflebunny

• Super Waygook
Tell that fool to stop acting crazy... I need atleast 2 weeks and even then I wont be done with an entire semesters lesson plans!!! Tell her its impossible!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :P :laugh:

Offline Yu_Bumsuk

• The Legend

This.

Offline DeMayonnaise

• Veteran
Way to go, private cowboy. You're well on your way to knowing how to play the game of teaching English at a public school and winning at it.

Offline Maureen

• Veteran
sorry to hear about this. copy, paste, copy, paste. Try changing title and obj and keep the contents the same. Good Luck!

Offline Rowanteacher

• Featured Contributor
  • Veteran
In your situation I think I'd just say no.   :laugh:

Offline rilakkuma

• Veteran
I'm sorry for my ignorant question, what do we copy? from where?

Offline Ectofuego

• Featured Contributor
  • Expert Waygook
If you take notice, the vast majority is copy and paste.  And i stole the lessons from my wife.    Steal something from someone and change the name and title. lol
or do as the guy before me

Welcome Students
Check attendence
Read book
complete activity
Review activity
Check for work at door

That was what he wrote for 3 months fo lesson plans for each day.
I'm Jason and I approve this message!