October 19, 2018, 05:02:29 AM

Author Topic: Suggestion  (Read 1030 times)

Offline bammertheblue

• Expert Waygook
Suggestion
« on: March 03, 2013, 01:34:02 PM »
I've got a suggestion for the admins/caretakers/whoever. Recently I posted a thread in "Life in Korea" asking about where to purchase Western hair dye kits. The thread got moved because it was apparently in the wrong place. That's fine, but the point is, it got moved to "Services and Help"...which is exactly where I DIDN'T post it initially because the "Services and Help" tagline says something like "Help with legal, financial, medical, and immigration issues". None of which includes "Where the hell can I buy some L'Oreal blonding kits?"

Maybe you could make it more clear that trivial stuff is okay in "Services and Help" as well. The way the tagline is written now, it doesn't sound like it is.

Oh, and I noticed that a LOT of similar threads were moved at the same time. It's not just me that's unclear on this.

Thanks

Offline Wintermute

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • High School - Speech
Re: Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 03:08:11 PM »
nobody knows where anything goes. I think mods just make it up as they go along. when in doubt, post in gabfest.

Offline newb

• Newgookin
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 03:24:00 PM »
mods have bad hair days too.
HEY CAN YOU FILL THE OIL AND CHECK THE GAS PLEASE!!!!

Offline justanotherwaygook

• Featured Contributor
  • The Legend
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 03:27:16 PM »
@OP, this is a good point.  We should consider making this clearer.

nobody knows where anything goes. I think mods just make it up as they go along. when in doubt, post in gabfest.

No.

I understand the OP's sentiment.  We should put an 'etc.' in the description of Services and Help.  That board is for services and help. Don't just post in Gabfest; we'll move it to an appropriate board (it takes up our time, so we appreciate when users post in the correct section).

We're hardly making it up as we go along.  Please browse through the descriptions of all the boards if you're unfamiliar, and post there. 

Korea news? Korea Newsroom

An event or question specific to a region/city?  Regional/City boards.

Korean language question?  Korean Guide

Question about work?  Contract and Job Related Issues

A thread about Waygook.org (like this thread; which is in the correct section)? Website usage, help, FAQs, Questions, Suggestions.

There's always going to be some gray-areas where the appropriate board is questionable.  However, the majority of threads we move are clearly in the wrong section.  Help us help you by posting accordingly.
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.

Offline taeyang

• Moderator - LVL 4
  • Waygook Lord
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 04:22:03 PM »
my rule: if it's about any aspect of korean culture, then it belongs in "life in korea". if it's about asking for assistance with anything, then it goes in "services and help".
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

Offline bammertheblue

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 08:04:41 PM »
my rule: if it's about any aspect of korean culture, then it belongs in "life in korea". if it's about asking for assistance with anything, then it goes in "services and help".

Thanks for clearing that up! Maybe the tagline of "Services and Help" could be clarified, because as it stands it really makes it sound like only about 4 types of questions should be posted there.