August 22, 2018, 05:18:38 AM

Author Topic: why do you use waygook?  (Read 880 times)

Offline papayapie

• Super Waygook
  • H8SK
why do you use waygook?
« on: February 27, 2013, 09:20:39 AM »
I'm curious.

I use it 90% for lesson plans and 10% to tell people who I know love Korea about how much I dislike Korea (read: to kill time when I am bored out of my mind desk warming, like right now).

Why do you use it? Surely it isn't for the scintillating conversation...unless you're talking with me, of course  :afro:

Offline shhowse

• Featured Contributor
  • Expert Waygook
  • E2 Visa High School, 5 years
Re: why do you use waygook?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 12:24:50 PM »
I'm pretty similar. When I arrived at my high school job four years ago I needed the site for lesson ideas, and I benefited greatly from sharing resources with other high school teachers. Now I mostly just share my own things and read a lot in the background, mostly  without commenting, just enjoying; some users' posts more than others! And then there's all the organizing work I do whenever I have a chance. 

I like hanging out on waygook to feel like part of a community going through similar experiences, trials and tribulations. And yes, the information you can find on here is nice for finding places to explore or restaurants to try and so on.

Offline WestMeetsEast

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 12:39:23 PM »
It has helped me a lot in the first 6 months to have somewhat successful lessons.

Now I use it to keep up to date on things going on and general discussion topics surrounding Korea.

I do still download lesson plans but I usually heavily heavily modify them (involving creating new documents rather than editing and then copying stuff in) because I'm comfortable enough with what works in my classes and what doesn't.

Offline Frozencat99

• The Legend
  • #MoonPrincess
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 01:53:07 PM »
Sharing and downloading when necessary.

Reading information about world job markets, sometimes.

Posting about the socially/legally disenfranchised, sometimes.
Beware the Homosexual Industrial Complex -- http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-june-17-2013/left-behind

You can leave your heterophobia behind.

Ochodnid

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 03:59:12 AM »
Originally, I used it for just getting lesson plans and complaining about my life here. I stopped using waygook for a few months, not sure why. I came back with a different look on things.  I switched to helping others with life in Korea and sometimes getting lesson plans.