November 18, 2018, 09:51:52 AM

Author Topic: Visa extension and transfer  (Read 1150 times)

Offline penny

• Waygookin
Visa extension and transfer
« on: March 01, 2011, 06:53:37 AM »
Hi! I am worried about this. I have been teaching English in Korea for 4 years. I have an old apostillized degree (I submitted the degree and police clearance certificate  in 2009). I did not get my police clearance back. I heard that the immigration office will give you time to hand in these documents? Is that true? I am going to extend and transfer my visa next week sometime. Should I have all the documents? I don't have it. I thought that I will apply for it sometime during the year. 
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 07:06:15 AM by penny »

Offline tfuller

• Super Waygook
Re: Visa extension and transfer
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 08:31:52 AM »
I went yesterday. They wanted a copy of the apostillized degree again, even though i handed it to them in 2009 with my first application. But still managed to get an extension right there without going back to get it (assistant teacher faxed it in later). But i have been with the same school for the last two contracts so maybe its different.

I did get all the documents back every time though, that is a strange one for you not to get them.

Unlike some posting here, i didn't get 13 months on my visa though. Maybe because i just extended and didn't transfer.

Offline penny

• Waygookin
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 09:16:37 AM »
oh,  I've heard that when you don't have all the documents they'll give you time to hand it in.I'm just worried that they won't give me the extension at all.

Offline confusedsafferinkorea

• The Legend
  • The only thing that is constant in life, is change
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 09:55:40 AM »
This inconsistency at Immigration is crazy. It seems the rules vary from counter to counter. When will there be uniformity??
Everything is not as it seems.

No one owes you anything.... get over it.

NEVER think a failure is the end of the world, it is the beginning of a new opportunity.

There is no known medical cure for stupidity!