November 13, 2018, 02:44:42 AM

Author Topic: Did the EMart lady lie to me??  (Read 3242 times)

Offline joseph921

• Super Waygook
Did the EMart lady lie to me??
« on: February 19, 2013, 11:46:03 AM »
I get nasal reactions (stuffy nose, sneezing, congestion, sinus), to laundry detergents with synthetic fragrances/perfumes, so I found the only brand that seemed to be fragrance free and natural and that was ECO-NATURAL by LG (blue package).

Recently, they stopped selling them and I asked the emart lady where it was or what happened to them and she said it got replaced by this one (a PINK package, same brand LG).  She said it's the same thing.  I told her about my "allergy" to fragrances and she told me this one doesn't have any and that it's the same thing as the BLUE one I used to buy.

Well when I got home, I tested it out.  Not only is the detergent pink in color (that must be a dye...can't be natural), the smell is extremely strong.  I washed my clothes, hung them to dry and 2 days later the smell still lingers in my room..... *sigh*

I've posted a couple pics of the brands and the side information....could anyone who knows how to read korean well please tell me if the ingredients says "fragrance" or any kind of description that says there's chemical fragrances in there like, "mountain fresh, zesty orange, spring flowers, etc."....i despise those phrases in any products.

Now that they have gotten rid of the only natural and fragrance free brand (why they would do that i have no idea), what are my options now?  Ship it from overseas (would be costly), or perhaps there's another brand that's fragrance free out there?

Thanks.

Offline dynamicallysparkling

• Veteran
Re: Did the EMart lady lie to me??
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 12:06:06 PM »
Even Koreans get lied to countless times by those 'sellers' in each department....consider yourself a local.  And goodluck on finding yourself some fragrance free washing detergent. Online might be the way to go or another alternative is to look for 'baby' products.

Offline joseph921

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 12:13:58 PM »
I would go back to the store and scold the %$#* of her and take it to management, but not being able to speak fluently or use english (since they won't understand), it's a pointless act.   So, I'll just take the hit ($9) and give the box away to someone maybe.... *frustrated*

By the way, fragrance-free is helping the earth stay clean and toxic free....the thousands of chemicals that get washed into our oceans are destroying our planet and the animals that live in it (that we also need for the important cycles).   But I guess many of us really need our mountain fresh scent.    :cheesy:

Offline new-waygook

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 12:18:04 PM »
Maybe you can still buy it on gmarket or something?

Offline Frozencat99

• The Legend
  • #MoonPrincess
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 12:20:48 PM »
Shipping it from overseas will damage the environment faster than any fragrance ever could.
Beware the Homosexual Industrial Complex -- http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-june-17-2013/left-behind

You can leave your heterophobia behind.

Offline Jrong

• The Legend
  • i love food
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 12:28:02 PM »
lol^
"When in doubt...ask Troglodyte" ~0mnslnd

Offline wintersolstice

• Waygookin
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 01:25:17 PM »
iherb.com is amazing. They sell organic and natural products. I'm willing to bet they have laundry detergent. It normally only takes about three days time for shipping.

Offline JDSR2012

• Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 01:47:02 PM »
Try Oxyclean, 옥시크린

Offline stephaniejt

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2013, 03:42:10 PM »
In the states I have made my own laundry detergent consisting of borax, washing soda and flakes shaved from natural bar soap.  It worked great and with no smell or irritation.  It was really cheap too when I did it in the states.  Perhaps you could look online to make your own laundry detergent and somehow find those ingredients at Emart instead.  Good luck!

Offline joseph921

• Super Waygook
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 08:35:18 PM »
Yes, I saw the video on youtube how to make homemade fragrance free laundry detergent.  I'm just not sure if Korea sells washing soda and borax...i have dove fragrance free soap.

Yeah, I was thinking about iherb but again, to ship detergent which is very heavy will probably cost me more than the actual detergent itself. 

Can't believe she poker faced me so bad.  I really believed her.  But then again...maybe she didn't know either and was just assuming the new LG brand was replacing the old LG brand. 

EDIT: oh, i think i found out on gmarket....yay!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 08:46:03 PM by joseph921 »

Offline joseph921

• Super Waygook
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 08:46:52 PM »
Iherb has flat-rate shipping of $4 until the end of the month if you use Korean Postal. Order it now!

Wow! That's a great deal then!  I'll look into that.  Maybe order 25 pounds worth and stock up!

Ah...its $4 flat rate for 4 pounds or less.

Np.  I just bought a 4.5kg bag from gmarket.  The price after shipping is almost the same if I just bought it in store so thankfully it works out.   
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 09:03:42 PM by joseph921 »

Offline misskris

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 08:07:04 AM »
iherb shipping is 4$ up to 15 pounds until the end of the month

And yes, they do sell Borax at pharmacies.  Its in a little blue box and its less than 1,000 won^^