October 19, 2018, 03:47:18 AM

Author Topic: Stiffer Waygook Penalties?  (Read 3070 times)

Offline stronzata

• Veteran
  • The only thing that is obscene is censorship
Stiffer Waygook Penalties?
« on: February 12, 2013, 08:21:21 AM »
I've been warned in the past for insulting members. I tend to get heated at times. Its because of my Italian blood and the fact that my name is "Stronzata" should also explain a lotte of my waygook activity. In the past the warning came with a 20% level penalty. Most recently I was given a 60% which automatically muted me. I was at a 0% and went to  60% for calling someone a "manbaby" which in my opinion isn't even that bad. The only thing that was different from this incident and any other was the "victim" was an expert waygook.  Are there stiffer penalties for insulting favored members on this site or have we now a zero tolerance policy at waygook? Its not technically a warning if you are muted for one incident.
The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen.

Offline justanotherwaygook

• Featured Contributor
  • The Legend
Re: Stiffer Waygook Penalties?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 09:32:14 AM »
The way the software works is that watched, moderated and muted status is correlated to your warning level percentage.  The way for a moderator to mute someone is to issue a warning with an increased percentage above the thresh hold for that level (muted status starts at 55%).

The penalties are not stiffer now.  It's that you've had past infractions.  The more infractions you've had in the past, the stiffer the warning.  Not to mention using a sock account to bypass warning/moderation is not looked favorably upon.

This wasn't even your second warning, or your third, or your fifth.  This was your SIXTH warning.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 10:05:54 AM by justanotherwaygook »
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.

Offline jurassic82

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 09:56:57 AM »
This website should be used to support other teachers and expats living in Korea. The fact that many people come on here to put down and criticize others is really unneccessary. If you don't have anything to add to a post or don't like what someone has said then ignore it and move on. I have seen a lot of name calling on here that had no purpose except to upset the other person. Maybe I am too much of a hippie but I think it is best that the mods here warn and delete posts right away that have no purpose except to upset others.

Offline timephone

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 10:07:44 AM »
This website should be used to support other teachers and expats living in Korea. The fact that many people come on here to put down and criticize others is really unneccessary. If you don't have anything to add to a post or don't like what someone has said then ignore it and move on. I have seen a lot of name calling on here that had no purpose except to upset the other person. Maybe I am too much of a hippie but I think it is best that the mods here warn and delete posts right away that have no purpose except to upset others.

Exactly. If you want to be a sarcastic bastard then it's probably best to move to ESLCafe.  :wink:

Offline stronzata

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 10:51:51 AM »
If we are dealt with on a case by case basis there is no equality. Instead we are dealt with however a mod sees fit. The mod becomes susceptible to tyranny.

Im sure a lower ranked member insulting a favored members is dealt with more harshly than say a hero like lotteworld is dealt with when insulting a new waygook. With his 2000+ posts is he on a 1 strike watch surely he has had more than 6 warnings in his tenure as a cyber bully.

6th offense or 26th shouldn't matter we should all be dealt with in the same manner not on a case by case basis. A second chance should be a fresh start. I was muted for nearly a month the first time around. Why not just ban me if Im such a menace? Sending a person the message that any slip up can result in a muting is no way to run a fair forum.  As I said 1 strike you are out is in no way a warning its retaliation. 

As for the sock account. That is a totally separate persona used to sell goods. The Stronzata brand of waygook entertainment is used for one purpose and the other account is used for another purpose. Surely that is understandable. I cant have members like Lotteworld and Hilarity Ensues seeking out my ads and sabotaging them because of the grudges they hold towards me. Stronzata is here to strike back at the pompous and condescending in the name of all newbies.

Let me function with the same level or freedom as a Lotteworld or just ban me. Don't try to castrate me with fear of reprisal. There is clearly a clique on this forum, but the clique can't exist without a sub class. Perhaps that is why you rather push me around and mute me instead of just ban me.

Offline bammertheblue

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 11:01:27 AM »
"I'm Italian" has to be the dumbest excuse I've ever heard for insulting people on a website. Oy.

• Featured Contributor
  • The Legend
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 11:09:41 AM »
All moderator actions are viewable by other mods and the webmaster, Arsalan.

No, a 6th warning is different from a 1st warning.  You should know better.

Do you really want us to ban you?  We rarely ban except for spambots and folks who troll incessantly.

Sock account, Dracula, is only for selling goods?  Actually, you created it immediately after you were first muted.  Yes, we can see your IP, what accounts are active on it, and when you created it.  And you've made 7 posts with it.  Only the most recent one was a sale post; the first 6 were just regular posts.  Not to mention, a few months back the reason you mention as to why you created that account is totally different from what you're saying now.

Offline peasgoodnonsuch

• Featured Contributor
  • Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 11:17:38 AM »
Oh man, Stronzata. You make laugh! Seriously. Lotte world is part of an inner clique of mod favorites?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Do you have any idea how frequently we issue him warnings? No, you wouldn't because you're not a mod.

As my fellow moderator pointed out, this is not about who you insulted, it's about your past history. The more warnings you get, the less likely any of the mods is to be lenient with you on your next infraction.

I'm also of Italian heritage and I resent that fine culture being used as an excuse for rude behavior. Besides, it's really only Neopolitans and Sicilians have a reputation for being bombastic and hot tempered.  :P

Offline stronzata

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 12:13:01 PM »
Oh man, Stronzata. You make laugh! Seriously. Lotte world is part of an inner clique of mod favorites?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Do you have any idea how frequently we issue him warnings? No, you wouldn't because you're not a mod.

As my fellow moderator pointed out, this is not about who you insulted, it's about your past history. The more warnings you get, the less likely any of the mods is to be lenient with you on your next infraction.

I'm also of Italian heritage and I resent that fine culture being used as an excuse for rude behavior. Besides, it's really only Neopolitans and Sicilians have a reputation for being bombastic and hot tempered.  :P

So what does Stronzata mean paisano?

Dracula was to be a new beginning. I asked to be able to assume that identity to start a new but every time I think Im out you pull guys me back in. You could have deleted Stronzata as per my wishes and let me become Senior Dracula. As long as condescending cyber bullying continues towards new waygooks and there is a Stronzata here to retaliate the cycle will continue. 

Im sorry, but every time I read "what does it say in your contract", "you can just leave", " Uh...just call immigration" or "Im surprised someone with such bad grammar is an  English teacher" as a reply to a person in search of help the Stronzata force that I have no control over when logged in must point out that these are the actions of someone who has feelings of  inadequacy. Really that has been the extent of all my questionable/offensive posts.

Its just very clear that anyone who knocks someone when they are down or makes them feel like they are somehow a failure or a lesser person for looking for help in a new country is clearly new to the feeling of being in "the in crowed" or "in the know" 

Is it really so bad that I point out that one's feeling of inadequacy are to blame for their behavior? Really that's my big crime? I haven't used any racial slurs. I dont pick on anyone. I reply to condescending posts which usually belong to 1 of about 5 turkeys on this site.

The fact that I am muted as they continue to demean others proves something despite anyone's arguments to the contrary. Try to spin it however you like. Mute, ban or moderate as you wish but from what I have seen some members on here are very passive aggressive and abusive, and 9 time out of 10 it is directed to someone in their first year of being in Korea who is most likely already riding an emotional roller-coaster. The amount of sadism and lack of empathy on this site is overwhelming.

The fact that certain members have been allowed to continue this behavior for 1000's of posts speaks volumes. When Stronzata comes a long and strikes back he is silenced within 3 posts.

Im sorry that I believe that some people on this site have failed in their home country and are projecting their frustration on others as a result. But really pointing that out is far from abuse. Its an observation. Perhaps an observation too painful for many to deal with.

Offline wantsomecoffee

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 12:16:15 PM »
you should never insult other members. if someone says something you disagree with or think less of them for, just keep it to yourself. it's not doing anyone any good if you are intentionally hurtful towards others.
when i was six years old i said something mean, so my mother scolded me and said "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything."  ... mind you i've forgotten that advice, and those are times i wish i hadn't

• Featured Contributor
  • The Legend
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 12:28:03 PM »

Dracula was to be a new beginning. I asked to be able to assume that identity to start a new but every time I think Im out you pull guys me back in. You could have deleted Stronzata as per my wishes and let me become Senior Dracula. As long as condescending cyber bullying continues towards new waygooks and there is a Stronzata here to retaliate the cycle will continue. 

Im sorry, but every time I read "what does it say in your contract", "you can just leave", " Uh...just call immigration" or "Im surprised someone with such bad grammar is an  English teacher" as a reply to a person in search of help the Stronzata force that I have no control over when logged in must point out that these are the actions of someone who has feelings of  inadequacy. Really that has been the extent of all my questionable/offensive posts.

Its just very clear that anyone who knocks someone when they are down or makes them feel like they are somehow a failure or a lesser person for looking for help in a new country is clearly new to the feeling of being in "the in crowed" or "in the know" 

Is it really so bad that I point out that one's feeling of inadequacy are to blame for their behavior? Really that's my big crime? I haven't used any racial slurs. I dont pick on anyone. I reply to condescending posts which usually belong to 1 of about 5 turkeys on this site.

Are the two homophobic/anti-LGBT posts you made previously part of your campaign for justice of the oppressed newcomers to Korea?  Or what about when someone posts about CBCs (obviously referring to Criminal Background Check) and you start referring to Canadian TV.

Come on Stronzata, I'm not going to comment on this anymore unless you make some new profound point.  Accept the fact that you've broken the Terms and Conditions.  If you really want to be banned rather than warned, you can always self-ban yourself.    :police:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 12:29:59 PM by justanotherwaygook »

• Featured Contributor
  • The Legend
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 02:15:14 PM »
Thread locked.