March 25, 2019, 03:35:52 PM

Author Topic: Gangnam Style Bomb Game  (Read 64708 times)

Offline Eugene

• Adventurer
Re: Gangnam Style Bomb Game
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2012, 08:53:38 PM »
everything, including sound, is working perfectly for me on two very different laptops.

but one question. that rad little guy in the suit and sunglasses doesn't seem to feature in any of the questions. i've gone through all of them and the others are all there, but he never pops up, and i love him!

not sure if i did something wrong cause it's all working fine, but he nevers shows up. :/

You need to click on the right character(horse, cat or batman). Most likely you just didn't select the right one. At least I hope that's the problem.

Offline nikkiskye

• Waygookin
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2012, 09:19:22 PM »
everything, including sound, is working perfectly for me on two very different laptops.

but one question. that rad little guy in the suit and sunglasses doesn't seem to feature in any of the questions. i've gone through all of them and the others are all there, but he never pops up, and i love him!

not sure if i did something wrong cause it's all working fine, but he nevers shows up. :/

You need to click on the right character(horse, cat or batman). Most likely you just didn't select the right one. At least I hope that's the problem.

ohhhh...well that makes complete sense. thanks so much! it's awesome! and i'm so excited for my lesson tomorrow!   :D

Offline sholee

• Waygookin
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2012, 01:27:38 PM »
I've downloaded every file/ppt posted here and still havent been able to get the sound to work. :'(

Offline phathank

• Waygookin
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2012, 01:52:39 PM »
reckon i'll use this for revision before the mid-terms cheers!

Offline shellyryan

• Adventurer
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2012, 02:58:45 PM »
I made a game for my 4th graders and I had a sound problem, also.  Even though my co-teacher and I messed around with the settings, etc., it still would not play on her computer...only on mine.

POSSIBLE PROBLEM:
You can call me out on this if I'm wrong, but Eugene's Gangnam Style Game seems to work perfectly fine if you have Windows 7. If you are using Windows XP, the sound doesn't work.

EXPERIMENT:
Try to save your file on your or your co-teacher's USB.  Try to see if it works on other Windows 7 computers, and then see if it works on VISTA or Windows XP computers.  You will hopefully come to the same conclusion as me.

Besides checking your classroom computers to make sure that everyone's using Windows 7, I do not see a solution to this problem.  Obviously it depends on your students, but you could still try it without the sound.  My coteacher used it anyway and the students just sang the song themselves.  They absolutely loved it ^^. Thanks for making it Eugene (^v^)/~.

Offline justanotherwaygook

• Featured Contributor
  • The Legend
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2012, 06:50:46 PM »
My home computer works with the new perfectly (Windows 7 and a recent version of Powerpoint, can't remember which).

My school computer with the same specs doesn't.  Neither does the classroom computer for the projector (XP and older version of ppt).

I'm confused...
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.

Offline sholee

• Waygookin
« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2012, 07:08:51 PM »
I made a game for my 4th graders and I had a sound problem, also.  Even though my co-teacher and I messed around with the settings, etc., it still would not play on her computer...only on mine.

POSSIBLE PROBLEM:
You can call me out on this if I'm wrong, but Eugene's Gangnam Style Game seems to work perfectly fine if you have Windows 7. If you are using Windows XP, the sound doesn't work.

Yeah my school computer is on Win Xp and 2003 Powerpoint... these files work FINE on my windows 7 laptop and Powerpoint 2007. Has anyone gotten this to work on Win Xp and 2003 PP?

Offline Chicagohotdog

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Ketchup? Get outta here!
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2012, 07:07:03 AM »
Wouldn't work on my 7 laptop at home...working on my XP desktops at school...
Discount of up to $10 off of first order on iHerb.com ---> CHK096

$10 off of a Tour booked through Viator.com (You get $10 off and I'll get $10 off - that could be an airport ride): https://www.viator.com/raf/PDPOTBSYI

http://travelhacking.org/sammery-wants-you

Offline Landis

• Veteran
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2012, 07:39:25 AM »
Can someone fix the sound problem for me. I am too busy now but I know the kids are really crazy about this song...

Offline Eugene

• Adventurer
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2012, 11:53:11 AM »

POSSIBLE PROBLEM:

Yeah my school computer is on Win Xp and 2003 Powerpoint... these files work FINE on my windows 7 laptop and Powerpoint 2007. Has anyone gotten this to work on Win Xp and 2003 PP?

Try going to this link and downloading this version
http://depositfiles.com/files/145i0h8lt
If you have had a problem with the previous game please get back to me and let me know if this one works works.
If it doesn't then I have no answers.  I think this is a common problem with powerpoint.

Also, I think you must leave the PPT in this folder when you use it.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 12:47:54 PM by Eugene »

Offline zabriskie

• Waygookin
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2012, 12:38:11 PM »
The link worked for me. Awesome post by the way. I aim on using this for some fun classes tomorrow!

Offline dvmilton87

• Explorer
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2012, 01:02:34 PM »
i hope this works

Online tweety11226

• Adventurer
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2012, 01:24:02 PM »
This game is EXCELLENT :) but I am kind of upset that this game is on the Korean teacher's website, indischool.com,  :(. I was planning on playing this game with my 4th graders and I noticed that my co-teacher was playing the same game and it's like are you serious?

Online rowdes

• Veteran
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2012, 09:14:50 PM »
i agree with tweety. I was getting ready to use this for the 4th graders, then BAM! co teacher whips it out on her usb and uses it.

Offline yoonjoon

• Waygookin
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2012, 09:19:09 AM »
Gangnam Style Bomb Game for Review (Adapted from original Waygook poster -- Eugene)
- Review Question Slides (Added bonus/penalty options)
- Vocabulary Section
- Wav Files

For some reason, I am unable to upload this file directly to Waygook. I had to upload it to my MediaFire account. If you are unable to download from MediaFire at your school, try it on the internet at your home. Please make sure to keep audio files and PPT in the same folder when you play the game. Cheers!

http://www.mediafire.com/?zk5f9rlc45x36hm

**Update: Admin has uploaded my zip file. Please see two posts below.**
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 09:16:02 AM by yoonjoon »

Offline teacherbee

• Adventurer
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2012, 10:35:45 AM »
Awesome game!!!
Thank you so much!!

Offline Arsalan

• Site Programmer
  • Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2012, 07:04:40 AM »
Here we go, upload issue resolved.  Database shouldn't be choking during peak times, and bigger uploads...
Carpe PM... ZzzzzZzzz ZzzzZzzz.

Offline nomad_kate

• Veteran
« Reply #97 on: October 08, 2012, 07:43:21 PM »
We played this game today and my fourth graders LOVED IT!

Instead of rock/paper/scissors, my kids had a Gangnam Style dance-off to determine which team got to go first.  It was so much fun!  Thanks!

Offline ctubby15

• Newgookin
« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2012, 12:39:13 PM »
Does anyone know how to change the letters on the faces as I am struggling??? I am wondering if it can be done in ppt?

Thanks

Offline lostmochi

• Waygookin
« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2012, 01:35:38 PM »
My kids loved it too.  The best part is when you are nearing the end and someone gets to choose pony, cat, or batman.
You are a god among men for making this.