March 27, 2019, 06:07:30 AM

Author Topic: Gangnam Style Bomb Game  (Read 64750 times)

Offline Nel

• Newgookin
Re: Gangnam Style Bomb Game
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 09:25:25 AM »
I think this is awesome! My students love this song. Well done.   :)

Offline Obeewan

• Adventurer
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2012, 10:24:06 AM »
This is fantastic,....what a great idea.

How this will help so much with a many of my students who dont care for English

Obeeeeeeeeee

Offline Chicagohotdog

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Ketchup? Get outta here!
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2012, 10:46:25 AM »
how do i download something? this site is the pits.

Since you have more than 5 posts, you should be able to download.

Just go to the original post and at the bottom there is a download link to click on. Click and it should prompt you to download.
Discount of up to $10 off of first order on iHerb.com ---> CHK096

$10 off of a Tour booked through Viator.com (You get $10 off and I'll get $10 off - that could be an airport ride): https://www.viator.com/raf/PDPOTBSYI

http://travelhacking.org/sammery-wants-you

Offline shhowse

• Featured Contributor
  • Expert Waygook
  • E2 Visa High School, 5 years
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2012, 10:55:31 AM »
My high school girls will go nuts for this game! If only I could get the audio files to play :(  Dang it!!! *Shake my fist at my computer*

« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 10:59:02 AM by shhowse »

Offline dannybevz

• Waygookin
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2012, 11:52:05 AM »
For some reason this works all fine on my office computer but the sound doesn't work on the computer in the English room. A sound icon just appears on top of the slides. Same exact file on my USB.

I tried enabling macros on the off chance (though I don't exactly know what those are  :-[) but that didn't fix it.

Great game - shame I can't use it currently. I assume it might be that the two rooms have different versions of Powerpoint? Though they look the same.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 11:53:37 AM by dannybevz »

Offline temari_uta

• Explorer
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 12:07:25 PM »
Taking a gander at this, hopefully I can utilize it in class and keep some of the kids motivated in learning. Thank you!

Offline CellarDoor

• Fanatical Supporter!
  • Super Waygook
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2012, 12:19:28 PM »
For people having trouble with the sound, does the ol' KPop Slam fix work?  (Moving the folder to the desktop instead of playing it from a USB, external HD, or sub file location?) ...Maybe that's not the problem though, since I see Chicagohotdog posting about audio stuff, and I know you've actually MADE Kpop slam games. ;)

I love the idea of this concept and I think it'd get my students' attention (like it has for the rest of the world). Maybe I'll wait to download it to see if more people find an audio troubleshooting solution first?

Offline MattyDub

• Adventurer
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 01:02:02 PM »
This is odd. The sound was working originally, but when I re-opened the .ppt I was out of luck!

Offline Frozencat99

• The Legend
  • #MoonPrincess
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2012, 01:05:02 PM »
I'm worried about this because the classroom PC sound system normally has enough trouble playing sound files that are proven to work :(
Beware the Homosexual Industrial Complex -- http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-june-17-2013/left-behind

You can leave your heterophobia behind.

Offline soyoungi

• Waygookin
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2012, 01:22:04 PM »
Same.  The audio isn't working for me as well.  Maybe if you included the audio files we can add them in ourselves?

Offline Chicagohotdog

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Ketchup? Get outta here!
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2012, 01:29:48 PM »
For people having trouble with the sound, does the ol' KPop Slam fix work?  (Moving the folder to the desktop instead of playing it from a USB, external HD, or sub file location?) ...Maybe that's not the problem though, since I see Chicagohotdog posting about audio stuff, and I know you've actually MADE Kpop slam games. ;)

I love the idea of this concept and I think it'd get my students' attention (like it has for the rest of the world). Maybe I'll wait to download it to see if more people find an audio troubleshooting solution first?

I saved it to my USB and moved it over to the desktop.  Then I saved it directly to the desktop.  I even tried on multiple computers.  No audio on any of the half dozen downloads I've tried for this file.  There is no audio compenent coming with the download from what I can see.  So it's just easiest to have him upload the files he used and apply them directly myself. 

Maybe I can figure out how to get the audio to travel with the file and re-upload it for others to use.
Discount of up to $10 off of first order on iHerb.com ---> CHK096

$10 off of a Tour booked through Viator.com (You get $10 off and I'll get $10 off - that could be an airport ride): https://www.viator.com/raf/PDPOTBSYI

http://travelhacking.org/sammery-wants-you

Offline alysonsan

• Explorer
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2012, 01:31:51 PM »
This game is AMAZING!
Super impressed, sir. You are my Gangham hero.

I'm also having trouble with the sound and I can't get the original download to work (I think because it's pptx and my office computer is old/outdated). I'm going to try again on my home computer though.

Thanks again--this is great!

Offline wango

• Waygookin
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2012, 01:40:59 PM »
brilliant!! thanks for all the hard work, my midschool boys will have so much fun with this!
ps: download and audio was all fine for me! gangnam style firing on all cylinders!!

Offline plaguemonkey

• Veteran
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2012, 01:53:25 PM »
Sound not playing for me either.
I had the same problem recently when I made a bomb game.

This is the advice I was given:
"As far as the sound clips go, I have 2 suggestions that will make it easier. If it's a music clip and the only sound that will be playing on that slide (I Feel Good), click the animation tab. In the top right you'll see transition sound or something similar (school computer is in Korean). Set the music sound clip as a transition sound, and it will play when the slide opens. The other option is a sound that you don't want to start with the slide. In this case, attach the sound as part of an animation effect. For example, you have the "Steal 5 points" textbox rising up. Right click that custom animation and go to effects, and set the sound to play when that animation starts. I think either of those options will clear up the sound problem. Independent sounds (the little speaker icon) can be a turd in PowerPoint. Also make sure the sound files are .wav's.

You've probably seen that .wav files get massive really fast. Like 10MB for a song. And PowerPoint can't read mp3 files. But there is a way to trick PowerPoint into thinking an mp3 is really a .wav. If you want to do that, I'll help you."
If you like my material, you  can check out my games page at http://www.waygook.org/index.php/topic,43821.0.html

Offline kayladb

• Adventurer
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2012, 02:36:05 PM »
No sound for mine either ㅠㅠ and did anyone fix the problem of the main page loading REALLY slowly after clicking the horse?

Offline phatnesian@gmail.com

• Waygookin
  • XD
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2012, 02:41:14 PM »
WOASHIZ, this is the BEST game! 8)

I've tried it on my MacBook Pro and on an Samsung and the sound is working well for each slide.
Big UPS to the creator of this game. it's gonna be trippy tomorrow with my Grade 6, they'll love it.

I just customised it a little by adding my co-teachers head on a few slides.

Chur,

Drew

Offline HadongEup

• Adventurer
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2012, 09:11:35 AM »
Eugene, Way to go!!!  ;D This is fabulous!!! THANK YOU for sharing! :P

Offline Richardjw84

• Veteran
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2012, 09:37:04 AM »
I would love to use this! My kids will go crazy... no sound though  :(

Offline Bwiiian2

• Waygookin
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2012, 10:03:52 AM »
Me too no sound, it's a great template though, please can the sound be sorted???  :-*

Offline rbrunton

• Waygookin
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2012, 10:14:55 AM »
This looks awesome! How do I download?