January 23, 2019, 06:22:20 PM

Author Topic: Gangnam Style Bomb Game  (Read 63113 times)

Offline worstfavorite

• Newgookin
Re: Gangnam Style Bomb Game
« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2012, 07:46:16 AM »
Thank you so much for this awesome game! I wanted to save this to play with my kids and then one day, I heard the commotion in the classroom adjacent to mine. The Korean teacher beat me to it =(

They still loved it though! Thank you so much!

Offline Chicagohotdog

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Ketchup? Get outta here!
« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2012, 08:00:02 AM »
I was really excited to use this game and it worked well at my main school...but then I went to another school this week and for whatever reason I started having an issue with the sound again...

I was going to be really bad but I explain what was supposed to happen with the song and the students started providing the sound effects on their own.  And when the dancers showed up most classes had someone jump up from their seats and start dancing!

Amazing that a game about a song can go off so well even when the song won't play!
Discount of up to $10 off of first order on iHerb.com ---> CHK096

$10 off of a Tour booked through Viator.com (You get $10 off and I'll get $10 off - that could be an airport ride): https://www.viator.com/raf/PDPOTBSYI

http://travelhacking.org/sammery-wants-you

Offline lnayeon

• Newgookin
« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2012, 07:23:08 AM »
It looks awesome. My students will love it.  :)

Offline oatmealkooky

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2012, 02:25:38 PM »
This is a fun idea, but my students did not enjoy it at all. After losing their points four or five times they just couldn't have cared less about playing. Lighten up on the scorched-earth bombs.

Offline Eugene

• Adventurer
« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2012, 09:36:38 PM »
This is a fun idea, but my students did not enjoy it at all. After losing their points four or five times they just couldn't have cared less about playing. Lighten up on the scorched-earth bombs.

Nothing is set in stone... feel free to change whatever you like.  As long as you don't mess around with the hyperlinks there shouldn't be a problem.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 10:14:40 PM by Eugene »

Offline eunbyul99

• Newgookin
« Reply #105 on: October 14, 2012, 02:01:09 PM »
How great it is!!!
Thank you so much.

Offline glb0b

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2012, 02:36:43 PM »
Great game. I also couldn't get the sound to work in the original download. So I have added wav files instead of mp3 files and it works fine on several computers.

Here is a link to a review version I made.

http://www.waygook.org/index.php/topic,31776.0.html

I have changed some of the lose all points to lose half points and a couple of the links at the end (batman, horse and cat) were broken so I fixed them too.

Offline bigbuzz

• Newgookin
« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2012, 09:27:55 AM »
The sound doesn't work.. how do I do?

Offline Sung Jin

• Explorer
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2012, 08:03:51 PM »
I've just made Gangnam style audio-file.  :wink:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 08:34:10 AM by Sung Jin »

Offline mintwaxedfloss

• Adventurer
« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2012, 08:44:18 AM »
So, I'm new to bomb games, I've only played the Minecraft one, but is there something specific I do when they get the question wrong? So far I'm either pressing space bar, forward, or clicking on the screen, so all it's doing is giving points and the opportunity to click on one of the three characters.

I'm using the one with all of the compost questions, it's the only one I've been able to make the audio work on.

Offline timephone

• Adventurer
« Reply #110 on: November 14, 2012, 09:57:08 AM »
This sound issue is so frustrating! It's definitely because of the mp3 files. My office laptop and classroom computer both have the exact same versions of Windows XP and PPT 2007, yet the office computer supports mp3 in PPT and the classroom computer doesn't. When I try to embed an mp3 sound file on my classroom computer it tells me to make sure it's a wav file. I can't even find any topics online that properly address this issue!

EDIT: Thank you for this template! Even though I had problems with the sound, everything else about this is awesome.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 05:30:59 AM by timephone »

Offline Ji su

• Explorer
« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2012, 07:28:15 PM »
Thank you very much for sharing your template!

Offline Harry Yeong

• Veteran
« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2012, 12:25:26 PM »
A possible fix to the .mp3 sound files.  Here is a website to convert the .mp3 files to .wav files and then embed them into the .ppt. http://media.io/    for a mac 2007 go to insert>movies and sound> sound from file and embed the converted and downloaded .wav file, I will try to upload the .wav files later when I have more time.   - scratch that Arsalan has saved the day his zipped files already have .wav format sound should work!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 12:28:04 PM by Harry Yeong »

Offline Ley_Druid

• The Legend
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2012, 09:41:27 PM »
There are a LOT of great bomb games on this site, but I think this one is the best (so far)!

:azn: :azn: :azn: :azn: :azn: :azn:

Offline jasontsing

• Adventurer
« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2013, 09:18:53 PM »
hi, thanks for your great  sharing. But i couldn't seem to be able to play the audio in the slide.

Offline tbarrows

• Adventurer
« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2013, 10:16:17 AM »
Why aren't we paying for this....this is awesome!

Offline randall111

• Waygookin
« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2013, 05:25:36 PM »
Good work!  I'm going to use this for Lesson 15 and post it for all to enjoy as a final review game from Book 4 of the YBM series.

Offline randall111

• Waygookin
« Reply #117 on: February 12, 2013, 12:16:39 PM »
As I promised in my previous post, I created a Lesson 15 bomb game.  I decided to go Gangnam Style on you. 8) :P :wink: :laugh: 8)  I've also attached lessons 6.15.5, 6.15.5-6 & 6.15.6.  Enjoy!

Warmest Regards,
Randall

Offline Melisa.kr

• Newgookin
« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2013, 08:21:10 AM »
Hello, I just downloaded this ppt but the sound doesn't work? Am I doing something wrong?

Offline Chicagohotdog

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Ketchup? Get outta here!
« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2013, 10:08:12 AM »
Hello, I just downloaded this ppt but the sound doesn't work? Am I doing something wrong?

Go back one page - there is a post with the audio files, download and re-insert.  There was an issue with the soundfiles in the initial game. 

You're not the only one.
Discount of up to $10 off of first order on iHerb.com ---> CHK096

$10 off of a Tour booked through Viator.com (You get $10 off and I'll get $10 off - that could be an airport ride): https://www.viator.com/raf/PDPOTBSYI

http://travelhacking.org/sammery-wants-you