August 20, 2018, 10:11:49 PM

Author Topic: What's the deal with EMart and their bags?  (Read 2457 times)

Offline weigookin74

• The Legend
What's the deal with EMart and their bags?
« on: February 28, 2017, 06:14:36 PM »
What's up with E Mart and their bags?  I haven't been there in a while, but heaven help you if you're out and don't have your own bag with you.  LotteMart and Homeplus will still give you a paper bag for 100 won which is fair.  But E Mart forces you to actually buy a cloth bag now.  I mean if you're out and about and decide to pop in because you're in the area, I'm not going to buy a friggen cloth bag each time I go there.  Just give me a paper bag like your competitors do.  Guess I'll shop at the other places and not at your store if you're going to be a bunch of stubborn inflexible a holes.  I wonder why some Korean companies are even in business, it seems they don't like making money with their unfriendly and inflexible approach to customers and would rather lose business than to show any degree of accommodation.  They sure wouldn't last long in North America if they operated this way.  (I'm only mentioning this example and not the others I've encountered over the years of being here.) 

Offline maximmm

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: What's the deal with EMart and their bags?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 06:20:41 PM »
Err... no.  Emart still sells plastic garbage bags.  It's actually quite convenient, since you have to buy those bags for throwing garbage out anyway. 

Offline weigookin74

• The Legend
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 06:32:09 PM »
Err... no.  Emart still sells plastic garbage bags.  It's actually quite convenient, since you have to buy those bags for throwing garbage out anyway.

Nope, only the cloth bags.  (They're gray color.)  Not the plastic garbage bags.  I wish.  It would be convenient.  The other two competitors still give the paper bags. 

Offline maximmm

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 06:51:32 PM »

Nope, only the cloth bags.  (They're gray color.)  Not the plastic garbage bags.  I wish.  It would be convenient.  The other two competitors still give the paper bags.

I went to emart today - and I got a plastic garbage bag. 

Perhaps the location matters. 

Offline weigookin74

• The Legend
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 06:52:30 PM »

Possibly.  Maybe the specific store manager's a retard. 

Online gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 08:17:48 PM »

I think you're posting at cross-purposes. he's talking about regular bags of any sort and you're referring to the taxed garbage bags. If the store isn't in your neighborhood those bags are no good to you.

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 08:50:50 PM »
The plastic ones are only 100 won.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline KimDuHan

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 09:37:40 PM »

I think you're posting at cross-purposes. he's talking about regular bags of any sort and you're referring to the taxed garbage bags. If the store isn't in your neighborhood those bags are no good to you.

Yeah the garbage bags are only for the district. However basically no one follows the rules. My neighborhood has street collection and I'd say maybe 10% of the people use the designated garbage bags. The rest use any type of bag or box. There are warnings and if you're caught you'll pay a fine mumbo jumbo but no one listens because not one cares.

As for emart bags of I'm buying just a few things I'll grab a couple of produce bags which are free and carry my things in them..

Offline Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 09:27:16 PM »

You mean in your gu. And they're still good for carrying your groceries.

Offline eastcoast

• Adventurer
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 12:26:59 PM »
My friendly local Emart still gives the plastic bags. Also, where I live we are told to put trash in the trash bags, food trash in the food bags, and recycling in any available bag.

Offline bmym80

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2017, 12:42:50 PM »
Just take a box. They have the boxes, tape and scissors or the automatic tape cutter. The boxes are good to throw your recycling into.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 12:45:47 PM »
My friendly local Emart still gives the plastic bags. Also, where I live we are told to put trash in the trash bags, food trash in the food bags, and recycling in any available bag.

Okay, so wait... the bags that I've been buying is for general trash and NOT for recycling?

****!!!! I've been wasting my money this whole time.  >:(

Offline Lurch

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2017, 01:13:35 PM »
Okay, so wait... the bags that I've been buying is for general trash and NOT for recycling?

Yep. If they charged for recycling, no one would do it.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2017, 01:21:11 PM »

Yep. If they charged for recycling, no one would do it.

Well that's what I thought was weird about it but other people here told me that's how it's done, that NO trash is supposed to go into a regular trash bag, and now I'm just asdfghjkl;

Never trusting them again.  :cry:

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2017, 07:09:45 PM »
It varies from gu to gu, but trash goes in shopping sized bags (20 litre are 490 KRW in my gu), food waste in 2/3/5/10 litre bags that are lower cost, and recycles go in clear bags or cardboard boxes.

Different sizes are available with prices relative to capacity.

As someone else said,it is not enforced much, but it can be if someone wants to mess with you.