December 14, 2018, 02:31:31 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: Funny Co-Teacher's Comments  (Read 181219 times)

Offline CanineKimchi

• Super Waygook
Re: Funny Co-Teacher's Comments
« Reply #460 on: December 17, 2014, 12:38:06 PM »
This kid was constantly talking while I was talking so I called on him to answer a question. After a few seconds of him struggling the KT leans towards me and says "he is very f**king idiot so you must help him."

Offline drgenderpotato

• Expert Waygook
  • butts
« Reply #461 on: December 17, 2014, 01:23:59 PM »
"When you tell the students 'good girl' or 'good boy,' it makes me think of 50 Shades of Grey."

D:
NOTORIOUS D.G.P.

Offline MMorales

• Newgookin
« Reply #462 on: December 17, 2014, 03:23:00 PM »
"Life is egg."

After a trip with the teachers, one of the teachers really wanted to tell me something. It seemed very important. He did not give up until he could tell me this. I should add that he  asked several teachers to help him translate the word "egg".

I'm sure it's some kind of Korean proverb. I just don't know what and why he was trying to tell me this when we were all eating.

Offline fwicksteed

• Veteran
« Reply #463 on: December 17, 2014, 08:30:35 PM »
"If you cry, and all of a sudden laugh, you will grow hair out of your anus."
I'd love to know the context for this.

It was a very stressful day, and I may have shed a single tear in front of my coteacher. Apparently it's a common thing to say to someone who is crying in order to make them laugh. The gist of it is that if you're swinging between crying and laughing, you're probably a hormonal adolescent who is growing hair in strange new places. The anus part was an accident - she meant to say butt.

She also told me that the room smelled "like a woman in heat" instead of "like feminine perfume" thanks to her phone's dictionary.

"Life is egg."

This is my new favourite saying.

Offline meepmoopimmarobots

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #464 on: April 07, 2015, 09:16:22 AM »
"I should leave class early today. I must make some tea." *leaves class 10 minutes early after arriving 10 minutes late*

At least she was being creative?  :rolleyes:

Offline ohitsgary

• Veteran
« Reply #465 on: April 07, 2015, 09:42:41 AM »
says in front of the whole class: "I used to get spanked by my teachers"

Offline tbryangore

• Adventurer
« Reply #466 on: April 07, 2015, 11:02:20 AM »
"If you cry, and all of a sudden laugh, you will grow hair out of your anus."

This could actually be a pretty intentionally clever joke. If I were crying and somebody said something as random and weird as that there's a good chance I would laugh and then they could say: "Ha! Got you! Have fun with those new anus hairs, chump."
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 11:04:15 AM by tbryangore »

Offline purpleradish

• Veteran
« Reply #467 on: April 07, 2015, 12:53:30 PM »
I wonder if Koreans dedicate threads to make fun of our Korean.

I would LOVE to read posts about the faux pas and mistakes we make in Korea. Maybe this is why they won't let us access Indischool...!
I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes-- until I met a man with no feet.

Online slycordinator

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #468 on: April 09, 2015, 09:39:25 AM »
I had a Korean teacher at an elementary repeatedly ask me if I was French. I thought I'd misunderstood her Korean (wondering "Why's she asking me about France?"). After telling her that I'm American/from America both in Korean and English, she kept on asking me about France.

Finally, my coteacher walked up, talked to her, and told me that "she heard I was from France."

And upon me telling her this story, my MS coteacher said that I look French. It shows they sometimes have a singular idea of what people from [X] look like.

Offline cjszk

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #469 on: April 09, 2015, 12:02:56 PM »

I would LOVE to read posts about the faux pas and mistakes we make in Korea. Maybe this is why they won't let us access Indischool...!

Dude, great idea, let's just make another thread called "Funny Foreigner Korean." Let's start making fun of foreign Korean! Just make sure we have an abundant supply of protective wear for when the pitch forks come.

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #470 on: April 09, 2015, 12:22:41 PM »
I had a Korean teacher at an elementary repeatedly ask me if I was French. I thought I'd misunderstood her Korean (wondering "Why's she asking me about France?"). After telling her that I'm American/from America both in Korean and English, she kept on asking me about France.

Finally, my coteacher walked up, talked to her, and told me that "she heard I was from France."

And upon me telling her this story, my MS coteacher said that I look French. It shows they sometimes have a singular idea of what people from [X] look like.

Not exactly related, but a teacher (who I don't know, and have barely interacted with beyond saying "hello" in the hallways) told her homeroom that I was Catholic and Canadian. I am neither.

I don't even know how the subject came up!  :cheesy:

Online Mezoti97

• The Legend
« Reply #471 on: April 09, 2015, 02:10:33 PM »
Not exactly related, but a teacher (who I don't know, and have barely interacted with beyond saying "hello" in the hallways) told her homeroom that I was Catholic and Canadian. I am neither.

Yeah, one year, one of my ex-co-teachers apparently went around telling the other homeroom teachers that my father is from a certain country, and he's actually not. She somehow got wrong information about me stuck in her head and was spreading it around to other teachers at that school.

Offline johnny russian

• The Legend
« Reply #472 on: April 09, 2015, 02:40:33 PM »

but why would they need threads on that when koreans just laugh right in your face when you don't speak korean properly?

Offline megeek23

• Waygookin
« Reply #473 on: April 09, 2015, 03:23:53 PM »
At lunch my CT once said;

CT: “I really wanna improve my English pronunciation. Tell me. I really like cock! Cock.”
ME: Choking on my lunch, “what!?”
CT: “I like COCK”.
Me: “Sorry?” super red faced at this point.
CT: “ I like cock, like the drink”
Me: Oh, Coke.

2 Years later:

CT: “You dress very Korean now.”
Me: “Uh, thanks.”
CT: “You were so ugly and black [tan] the first time.”
ME:  :huh:

Team names:

CT 1: “We need an English name for our teachers dinner.”
CT 2: “English Packageee, ok?!!!”
ME: “ummmm, ok”

Recently:

First day meeting new coworker….
OLD CT: “This is our foreign teacher….he has no girlfriend” Then proceeds to bursting out loud in laughter.
Me: 

Yesterday:

CT: "you are fat, but only in the stomach"

Offline Loki88

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #474 on: April 09, 2015, 05:59:08 PM »
In between classes. Somehow got on the discussion of universities (specifically science-pre med stuff).

CT: My sister went to X (American) University  for  pre-med and said that the first year was stuff all Koreans learn in high school.
Me: That's cool.
CT: It must be very hard for American students to learn all that for the first time.
Me: Uh-huh. Sure whatevs.
CT: Korean students study so hard and are so smart and prepared when they get to university.
Me: Yeah.
CT: (I was a Science major.) Didn't you find it hard having to learn things your wife (also Korean and also a science major at the same university) already knew.
Me: Actually, the first two years of uni were review for me as well. Didn't you say your sister flunked out? (True. From a prior convo.)

Students walk in.
Me: Hey guys come on in!

Note: Paraphrased for conciseness but more or less the convo followed this pattern.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 06:05:45 PM by Loki88 »

Offline jjalan87

• Adventurer
« Reply #475 on: June 18, 2015, 02:30:01 PM »
mine says 'boy' on the end of everything she says to me. like 'you are good boy!, you are late boy! you are crazy boy! shes only 2 years older than me  :rolleyes:

Offline Pecan

• The Legend
« Reply #476 on: June 18, 2015, 02:39:16 PM »
mine says 'boy' on the end of everything she says to me. like 'you are good boy!, you are late boy! you are crazy boy! shes only 2 years older than me  :rolleyes:
Are you black?

If you are... >:(

Offline 외계인

• Expert Waygook
  • "I would prefer not to."
« Reply #477 on: June 18, 2015, 03:15:26 PM »

That is f'ed up, really?

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #478 on: June 18, 2015, 03:20:13 PM »

That is f'ed up, really?

I don't know, this sounds more cute than off-putting.

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #479 on: June 18, 2015, 04:58:28 PM »

That is f'ed up, really?

I don't know, this sounds more cute than off-putting.

Hahahahah this sounds SO awkward to me.

No, awkward was when my principal greeted me with "hello, shekshi!" I tripped and fell on the stairs in shock.

Turns out he had no idea what it meant.