September 23, 2018, 05:00:21 AM

Author Topic: Funny Co-Teacher's Comments  (Read 178582 times)

Offline rachelshaeh

• Veteran
Re: Funny Co-Teacher's Comments
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2011, 12:55:12 PM »
So, today at lunch, my co-teachers and myself are enjoying our meals. The fire bell suddenly goes off so I ask if this was is a planned drill or if we should proceed outside.

Her reply....

CT: "This is not a planned firedrill. Don't worry, there is no fire."

Me: "How do you know there is no fire?"

CT: "Because there are no carpets in this school."

PRICELESS!

my favorite, by far!!

Offline Tpre022

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2011, 12:59:16 PM »
Funny thing I heard mentioned over on Dave's. A young female K-teacher would say to the net "I will ride you" when she meant to say " I will give you a ride home in my car"

This must be why you are called 'creeper'!

:P

The hot art teacher at my school said that to me too! I was sad to know she meant "give you a ride"

My co-teacher was organising for his wife to drive me home one day, and he uttered the delightful "Where should my wife get you off?"

A fine welcome to the country indeed!

Offline pyeager

• Fanatical Supporter!
  • Veteran
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2011, 01:02:47 PM »
"As you know, our school still does capital punishment."

"You like my daughter; she is very easy."
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 01:16:22 PM by pyeager »

Offline pablo112

• Adventurer
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2011, 01:11:13 PM »
Funny thing I heard mentioned over on Dave's. A young female K-teacher would say to the net "I will ride you" when she meant to say " I will give you a ride home in my car"

This must be why you are called 'creeper'!

:P

The hot art teacher at my school said that to me too! I was sad to know she meant "give you a ride"

I have had that one as well.  My co-teacher normally has a fine grasp of things like this, but one day it slipped out. I knew what she meant from the context, but 20 mins later she turns to me and says "NO SEX!" much to suprise of everyone - not becuase the rest of the staff could understand but becuase it was so so quiet and she said it in a rather strong tone.

Offline strawberry

• Expert Waygook
  • Strawberries of Wrath
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2011, 01:33:46 PM »
I was having a conversation about summer/winter in SA vs Korea.  And he said:

"I wanna see yorr summa style!  I think you wear short skirts and shirts."

awkward.

Offline jkang

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 01:46:13 PM »
"As you know, our school still does capital punishment."
ahh!!!

Offline JJ72

• Adventurer
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2011, 01:48:17 PM »
My CT: "Have you ever been on a diet?"

Me: "Errrrr, no. Do i need to?"

Co T: "Hahahaha ok."

:o

Offline teacherjenni

• Super Waygook
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2011, 01:54:45 PM »
Okay, something not limited to my coteachers but I have heard many Koreans do before. The pronunciation of the word sheet. "Can you give a sh*t for today?" One of these days I'll reply "No... But I'll fake it like normal."  ;D

I've often thought I heard 'the s word' in place of 'seat.' So one of the teachers was telling me a story of how she was angry with her class and told them to "Clean their sh*t and get out" I died laughing then figured out later she meant "clean their seats and get out". I liked my version waaaayyyy better.

Offline nzaslow

• Veteran
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2011, 01:56:00 PM »
When I first met two of my Co's after orientation, they drove me to my apartment to help me get set up. In the car ride, it came up that the main office had only given them my name (Naomi) and no other information about me.

Co1: So, we think you will be Japanese-
Co2: Or black!
Co2: Now, we are so happy! You're white girl!

:o

I also got a lot of gems when I wore my naturally curly hair straight for the first time-
"You look like real teacher."
"You look like real woman."
"Much better. In truth, your curly hair is sometimes disgusting."  (I think is was about the hair oil I use. It does make my hair look a little strange until it dries completely.... but it was still a shocker to hear!)

Offline cosmogony

• Super Waygook
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2011, 01:58:37 PM »
Co-teacher: I want a cock.
Me: Ummm, what?
Co-teacher: A cock.

It turns out she was saying coke.
http://www.iherb.com Use coupon code fes089 to save $5-$10 on groceries/vitamins/beauty products.

http://earthclinic.com/  Natural Home Remedies

Offline anna.rpo

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2011, 02:01:42 PM »
Coteacher: "I'm going to see the princess!" (Principal)

sweet potato - that made me lol, priceless!
http://karoritokorea.blogspot.com/

Use code WAK323 for iherb, up to $10 off your first order. You know you want to.

Offline alijw

• Adventurer
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2011, 02:05:10 PM »
At my boyfriend's school to a tall co-teacher.
Him: Did you know Koreans are the tallest Asian race? I wonder why.
Co-teacher: (Thinks hard). It's because we like basketball...

Offline Horus

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2011, 02:11:01 PM »
Across from my last school there was a neglected dog tied up all day on a two foot rope. It was fed pebbles, never walked, never shown affection, and never exercised. Tied up for its entire life. Anyway, two or three times a week I would buy a can of dog food for the poor creature. I would normally feed the dog after school, so occasionally I would have the can sitting on my desk. This is where the fun began. A Korean co-teacher noticed it and asked me if Canadians ate dog food. She said it in all seriousness. Why else would I have dog food on my desk two or three times a week? After all, I didnt own a dog.

I started to say, No, no, its for the poor, neglected d. Then I stopped, realizing that a bit of fun was to be had. said that yes, Canadians love dog food. Because of the cold winters Canadians have a lot of body hair, and dog food helps keep it shiny and healthy. We put it on toast, in soup, and substitute it for meat in spaghetti. But we dont eat dry dog food, only Americans do that. She bought the whole thing! My Aussie co-workers were stunned at the gullibility. I guess the story made more sense to her than believing that somebody would actually go out of their way to help a neglected dog.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 02:14:16 PM by Horus »

Offline hbomb

• Explorer
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2011, 02:46:38 PM »
 "In Korea, if you are not first, you are last"  <------ Best thing she has ever said (other then when she randomly tells me to go home)  I will never forget it.

Offline ISangHae

• Adventurer
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2011, 03:20:53 PM »
Horus is my hero  ;D :laugh:

Offline Sara

• Featured Contributor
  • Expert Waygook
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2011, 06:26:09 PM »
Mrs. Im: What name for new English book? Fun English? (gasp) FUNGISH!
Me: Uhhh...

It took a lot of convincing that people wouldn't think of fun + English :laugh:

Mr Kim: What do you call older man and younger woman?
Me: Cradle robber.
Mr. Kim: Ah, I want to be cradle robber.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 06:29:51 PM by sepeterson211 »

Offline msqueen888

• Adventurer
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2011, 08:49:22 PM »
6th grade lesson 10:  Do you want some more?

I always have to hold back my laughter as all my students are practicing "Do you wanna fork?' which of course is most definitely mispronounced f**k.  Then i try to help them with their pronunciation and all I can here is f**k f**k f**k repeatedly.  Makes for an amusing day for me at least :)

Offline Gillod

• Veteran
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2011, 09:02:48 PM »
"First, there are too many games. Students must do more writing. Second, there is too much writing, students say it is boring. Do more games"

Offline juskajo

• Veteran
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2011, 10:10:47 PM »
"Ya. Ya. Ya!  Delete you gum.  DELETE YOU GUM!"

Offline actualstarfish

• Super Waygook
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2011, 10:48:35 AM »
Every Tuesday and Thursday I do a morning show with the English Conversation Teacher that is broadcast for all the students in the school to watch. We teach them about some children's songs and they all get to sing along in their classrooms. The past few days we have been teaching a song called "Brown Bear."

We were teaching the kids the phrases "What do you see?" with the response "I see a ________ looking at me." Well we went through the normal animals like red bird and yellow duck and we finally get to black sheep. I ask her "What do you see?" and she responds quite literally "I see a black shit." It didn't even sound remotely like sheep. I think she learned the word for s**t and somehow in her brain she always makes an association of sheep with s**t. So I nervously respond "Uhhhh yes, its a black SHEEP." To which she hilariously replies "Right, I see a black shit." Mind you this is being broadcast to the entire school, including my principal, my co teacher, and all 900 or so of our students.