September 23, 2018, 09:10:11 AM

Author Topic: Funny Co-Teacher's Comments  (Read 178587 times)

Offline Lisa_03

• Adventurer
Re: Funny Co-Teacher's Comments
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2011, 10:08:31 AM »
My co-teacher did a month-long study abroad program in Canada. When she came back to Korea, she told me: "Canadian women are very voluptuous. I felt like a child next to them."
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 12:17:43 PM by Lisa_03 »

Offline dpsmith

• Veteran
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2011, 01:24:48 PM »
I gave my co-teacher a compliment and she responded with "SUCK ME UP!!!" after a laugh of confusion i realized she had heard me tell someone not to suck up to me the week before. we still laugh about it 2 months later.  :P

Offline firebreaker

• Super Waygook
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2011, 05:06:36 PM »
My favorite CT comment is any statement that starts with "As you know"  When the obvious is that.. well... "Um.. I didn't know until you started telling me just now, but apparently I must already know because you started the statement with; as you know."

If you teach a class that has all special needs kids with only the physical ability to move their hands up and down, then you'll be fired because they all gave you checks instead of circles.

Offline canada_girl

• Newgookin
« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2011, 08:27:38 PM »
After a productive meeting on how to encourage the kids to speak more in class our co-teacher said to myself and my co-foreign teacher (also female) " let's keep touching each other"

Offline firebreaker

• Super Waygook
« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2011, 10:21:28 AM »
After a productive meeting on how to encourage the kids to speak more in class our co-teacher said to myself and my co-foreign teacher (also female) " let's keep touching each other"

classic!  ;D
If you teach a class that has all special needs kids with only the physical ability to move their hands up and down, then you'll be fired because they all gave you checks instead of circles.

Offline notinKS

• Super Waygook
« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2011, 11:53:10 AM »
My favorite CT comment is any statement that starts with "As you know"  When the obvious is that.. well... "Um.. I didn't know until you started telling me just now, but apparently I must already know because you started the statement with; as you know."

There's a verb ending in Korean that means "as you know." If you learn enough Korean, you hear it all the time.

siamagoo

« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2011, 07:30:36 PM »
CT: My brother used to be handsome.

Koreans are suprisingly honest about apearances.

My coteacher said something negative about her (perfectly lovely) daughter's appearance.
Me (jokingly): So you don't think you daughter is pretty.
Teacher (completely honest): No, she is not pretty.

Offline cragesmure

• Super Waygook
« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2011, 08:13:38 PM »
CT: My brother used to be handsome.

Koreans are suprisingly honest about apearances.

My coteacher said something negative about her (perfectly lovely) daughter's appearance.
Me (jokingly): So you don't think you daughter is pretty.
Teacher (completely honest): No, she is not pretty.
So true.  The issue of plastic surgery came up in my adult conversation class the other night.  One student said that he thought his daughter would need it.  I asked him how old his daughter was.  8 months old.  Wow.

Offline alwayallday

• Explorer
« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2011, 07:44:56 PM »
When I first met my CT he wanted to compare the differences in learning English and Korean.

Because he did not have a firm grasp on the English language he decided to give me examples of what he meant. He was trying to explain a grammatical concept when he said,

"I had a P.P."

He kept repeating this phrase and was very adamant that he did not have a P.P.

After a while I realized he was abbreviating the words Past Participle.

Offline kleigh

• Adventurer
« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2011, 08:25:46 PM »
These funny comments really made my day!

Once I told a co-teacher I was going to buy fruit at Lottemart... ( I'm South African) ... She asked me "Are you going to buy...what's the name of the fruit that poor people eat in Africa instead of food?".
lol, I cracked up.. I was like,I don't know, fruit is much cheaper in South Africa, but we eat normal food too :)

Offline danniv

• Explorer
« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2011, 09:28:33 PM »
Not a coteacher comment, but.......... this one student who I don't teach, but her classroom is next to my English Zone, always comes in to my class to tell me about her day and things going on in the school. She doesn't speak almost any English (our convos are usually in Korean), but one time she attempted to tell me about something her teacher said in a class and she said "My low society teacher *bla bla blah*" I was in shock. First, I didn't know she knew that much English to call someone low society, and secondly I didn't expect her to be talking that way about a teacher. Turns out she was talking about her "Law and Society" teacher..... I was cracking up!

And I told my coteacher the other day that she should be more up on the kids in the back who keep talking, to which she responded. "The kids don't like to be told too much to be quiet. They get bored of it."

dporter

« Reply #111 on: April 04, 2011, 10:27:05 PM »
First day in rural Korea and my ci-teacher is driving me around the small town.

As we pass one place he says, "That is a French restaurant."

"Really?" I say.

"Yes. It is a boo-fay."

In reality it was a pretty good Korean buffet.

dporter

« Reply #112 on: April 04, 2011, 10:33:12 PM »

There's a verb ending in Korean that means "as you know." If you learn enough Korean, you hear it all the time.

The Chinese will often start a statement with, 'As we all know....' I can't count the number of times I heard, 'As we all know Chinese food is the most delicious.'

Offline Stella

• Adventurer
« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2011, 11:29:04 PM »
My CT refers to the principal and vice-principal as the Captain and second Captain.

Offline Mrs. Parker

• Newgookin
« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2011, 07:02:30 AM »
Today, I am tired. Yesterday night I am taking the wrestling with my wife. So, I am happy and the tired.

Offline JJWON

• Adventurer
« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2011, 07:19:34 AM »
From my student,
"Some people say you got fat,,,,but that's ok,,,,,I still like you."

Offline ashay

• Waygookin
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2011, 08:43:57 AM »
My VP told me randomly yesterday:

"TIme is like an arrow."  That was it. 

This isn't a co-teacher but one of my favorite comments came from a student.  I asked them how they would feel if their cat died.  The student replied, "full." 

Offline ariybird

• Veteran
« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2011, 08:53:18 AM »
      Also a student comment but I think the coteacher might have agreed before he saw me start laughing. I was teaching my new 4th grade class about the Easter Bunny as part of our "Around the World" section in our book. This class' level is pretty low. So I asked them if they knew Santa Claus.  All the kids agreed until I pointed at myself and said, "Just like Santa Claus, ..." (getting ready to say that the Easter Bunny brought me presents).
     One of the better students in the class yells (quite seriously), "No teacher! You are Santa Grandmother."

Offline Koreak

• Super Waygook
« Reply #118 on: April 05, 2011, 09:01:20 AM »
My VP told me randomly yesterday:

"TIme is like an arrow."  That was it. 

That is a Korean proverb.  My gf says the same thing.

Offline Koradian

• Fanatical Supporter!
  • Super Waygook
« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2011, 09:04:01 AM »
My CT told me this morning she thinks it is very interesting that 'Elizabeth Taylor' is featured on Canadian money^^