February 16, 2019, 08:49:17 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: What movies are you watching??? Just curious....  (Read 97159 times)

Offline taeyang

• Moderator - LVL 4
  • Waygook Lord
Re: What movies are you watching??? Just curious....
« Reply #440 on: November 24, 2013, 04:00:46 PM »
i saw "catching fire" yesterday. overall, i liked it more than the first hunger games movie. it might be better than the book too....? although, it's a different medium.

worth a watch!
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

Offline Chadwickhhs

• Expert Waygook
  • This is the fate of all who oppose me.
« Reply #441 on: November 25, 2013, 07:51:06 AM »
Wanted a cheesey action movie so I watched Olympus has Fallen. It was schlock through and through. Absolutely nothing surprising or innovative. It was essentially taking Die Hard scene by scene and just swapping out lines and weapons. They even had the bad guy trying to pretend to be a victim to fool the main character. And the roof helicopter thing. Visuals were also pretty fake looking and there were some contrivances to make the plot possible.

I'd give it a 5/10.

Offline lostinseoul

• Waygookin
« Reply #442 on: November 27, 2013, 09:44:48 AM »
Here Comes another list

Seraphine - Its a French movie, about the painter "Seraphine" and her life a very sad ending .
Memento - Christopher Nolan has shown what a brillant guy he is by directing this movie, a must watch.
Dhobi Ghat - Here I am being bias to my country but Amir Khan has done a good job , its a mix of english and hindi so the hindi part read the subtitles, music by Gustavo Santaolalla
True Norwegian Black Metal - This is a documentry about Black Metal Music , I would only recommend this to people who want to know about this genre and the bands, if your religious please dont think about it.
The Machinist - A bit disturbing , but Christian Bale has totally got involved in the character physically and mentally , this guy is crazy and he loves what he does.

As of now these are few I would recommend you to watch , till then keep it rocking and keep watching movies 

Offline Harpoinseoul

• Expert Waygook
  • www.harpo.ca
« Reply #443 on: December 03, 2013, 05:34:56 PM »
I watched "Captain Phillips". Not too bad. Think it's worth checking out.
Skype Video Counselor in Coquitlam, BC

Make the best use of what's in your power; take the rest as it comes.

The thing that upsets people is not what happens; but what they think it means.

Epictetus (55 - 135 C.E.)

Inter-faith spiritual counselor
http://www.harpo.ca

Offline taeyang

• Moderator - LVL 4
  • Waygook Lord
« Reply #444 on: December 03, 2013, 06:25:35 PM »
I watched "Captain Phillips". Not too bad. Think it's worth checking out.

that's on my list! missed it in theatres.
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

Offline jahangeer100

• Explorer
« Reply #445 on: December 05, 2013, 07:07:44 PM »
I watched "x-men". I love this all this movies parts.

Offline lostinseoul

• Waygookin
« Reply #446 on: December 16, 2013, 10:13:46 AM »
Watched Dear Frankie on the weekend nice movie simple clean and slow

Offline ravenlock

• Adventurer
« Reply #447 on: March 06, 2014, 02:02:09 PM »
Deskwarming movie
youtube

The Warriors

I find that most non-Americans or Non-New Yorkers in the younger generation have not seen nor do they know about this awesome bit of trashy late 1970-s NYC gang scene awesomeness.

This is a cult classic and great deskwarming  time killer.
Old NYC for sure. NYC is not like this at all anymore.
Good Stuff

Offline Atomaru

• Veteran
« Reply #448 on: March 06, 2014, 02:06:10 PM »
I saw this movie, you probably haven't heard of it.  I think it was called winter kingdom... or... maybe... was it Frozen?   Anyway it was pretty good. 

Offline gtrain83

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #449 on: March 06, 2014, 02:09:24 PM »
I saw this movie, you probably haven't heard of it.  I think it was called winter kingdom... or... maybe... was it Frozen?   Anyway it was pretty good.

I thought it was way overrated. Save for the fun snowman.

Hoping to see 12 years a slave this weekend. Anyone seen it here?

Offline Gaikoku.org

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #450 on: March 06, 2014, 02:18:56 PM »
Gravity was awesome. Total oscar bait.

Before I saw it I heard about the Oscar buzz and went and checked it out. After seeing it I thought it was decent but that maybe the buzz would die down after people digested it a bit. And in terms of talking to actual people the buzz totally did but it still won a bunch of awards and I don't know anyone that thought it was that great. It's not like I'm friends with people in a position to influence the Oscars but it felt to me like it was more of favourite for critics than actual people.

I've been watching a lot of junk on OCN and CGV lately. Transformers 3, Mission Impossible 4, Abduction, Jason Statham movie, things with Sam Worthington in them, Fast and Furious: Car/Speed term = optional integer. Mostly as background noise but for some reason I enjoy having them on these days.

Offline raysmith

• Super Waygook
« Reply #451 on: October 05, 2018, 08:47:40 AM »
I'm looking forward to seeing this one.  Vice (2018)

Rotten tomatoes

"VICE explores the epic story about how a bureaucratic Washington insider quietly became the most powerful man in the world as Vice-President to George W. Bush, reshaping the country and the globe in ways that we still feel today".

Wikipedia

"Vice is an upcoming American biographical comedy-drama film written and directed by Adam McKay. The film stars Christian Bale as Dick Cheney,[2] with Amy Adams, Steve Carell, Sam Rockwell, Alison Pill and Jesse Plemons in supporting roles. The plot follows Cheney in his political rise to become the most powerful Vice President in America's history.[3][4] It is scheduled to be released on December 25, 2018, by Annapurna Pictures".

Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSGFt6w0wok

Offline rufus947

• Veteran
« Reply #452 on: October 05, 2018, 10:40:21 AM »
I rewatched inside llewyn davis recently. It has a really fantastic soundtrack and it's easy to get pulled in by it. One of the coen brother's best movies for sure.

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #453 on: October 05, 2018, 11:01:11 AM »
I recently watched The Red Pill which is a documentary about men's rights activists. It examines the injustices that men face and a society which is happy to ignore such injustices. I thought it was excellent and had a very powerful message.

Offline Titus Groan

• Adventurer
« Reply #454 on: October 15, 2018, 03:02:30 PM »
Just re-watched two nuclear war films to prep for a class I teach at my uni: THREADS (UK 1984) and LETTERS FROM A DEAD MAN (USSR/Russia 1986).

Both absolutely horrific, but I think I will only show THREADS; the other one might be just too much...

Compared to THREADS and LETTERS..., THE DAY AFTER (USA 1983), while pretty sobering, is like a Disney movie!

Offline SPQR

• Veteran
« Reply #455 on: October 15, 2018, 03:35:00 PM »

Sobibor 2018
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6324614/

The Twelfth Man
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3300980/

You may have a difficult time finding these amazing WW2 movies.

Try 123free.net

Offline SPQR

• Veteran
« Reply #456 on: October 19, 2018, 11:15:10 PM »
dailymotion.com has a German made six-part series about the Eastern front in WW2.

It is called "Generation War". It revolves around 5 German childhood friends and what
becomes of them during this conflict. Very thought provoking on my own part.  I was in the
military when I was young. If some superior told me to shoot some civi for the sake of the
whole operation, what would I do? (Or what would I have done?)  I simply don't know. I
would like to think I wouldn't.....but.

The series is: E01 part 1 and part 2; E02 part 1 and 2; E03 part 1 and 2

It won a lot of awards.

Offline Titus Groan

• Adventurer
« Reply #457 on: October 20, 2018, 10:06:34 AM »
dailymotion.com has a German made six-part series about the Eastern front in WW2.

It is called "Generation War". It revolves around 5 German childhood friends and what
becomes of them during this conflict. Very thought provoking on my own part.  I was in the
military when I was young. If some superior told me to shoot some civi for the sake of the
whole operation, what would I do? (Or what would I have done?)  I simply don't know. I

It won a lot of awards.

I watched that series a few months ago: excellent and well worth a watch!

I'm also re-watching TRUE DETECTIVE Season 1 with one of my Uni classes - seems to have their attention... There is also a season 3 being shot right now; it will take place in Arkansas around the Fayetteville (sp?) area. Looking forward to it.

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #458 on: October 20, 2018, 07:21:57 PM »

It won a lot of awards.

This was on one of the Korean cable movie channels this week.

Offline alexisalex

• Super Waygook
« Reply #459 on: November 05, 2018, 08:25:50 AM »
I watched Bohemian Rhapsody at the weekend and absolutely loved it.  Highly recommend it and it's worth it for the concert at the end alone.

Peculiar thing though...

When we see Freddie kiss a man for the first time, there was a very noticable (audible) gasp from everyone in the theatre.  It was so strange.  I asked my girlfriend afterwards if she noticed it and she said that lots of Koreans don't know that Freddie was gay  :huh:

I would have loved to have witnessed the reaction to Brokeback Mountain  :laugh: