February 16, 2019, 09:42:11 AM

Author Topic: What movies are you watching??? Just curious....  (Read 97173 times)

Offline matthews_world

• Super Waygook
Re: What movies are you watching??? Just curious....
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2012, 11:58:07 AM »
The Muppet Movie was one of my faves this year.  I'm a big Jason Segel fan now and enjoy his sanctity of family falues agenda.  He'll be one to watch.

Recent Mission Impossible flick was suprisingly good.

Offline sunshinefiasco

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2012, 01:44:57 PM »
Oh, yeah!  I  almost forgot.  I also  just watched Inside Job,  a documentary about the financial collapse of 2008.  I highly recommend seeing it!
Yeah, Inside Job was v interesting - and depressing that they got away with it all.
Oliver Stone's doco 'South of the Border' is also v interesting. Essential viewing for those who tune into Fox News on a regular basis...LOL

If you liked Inside Job, you should really see Hot Coffee-- really interesting, important documentary.

More BA docs:
The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia (everyone should see this, hearwarming and HILARIOUS)
The Staircase (huge miniseries/true crime)
Knuckle (Irish traveller bare-knuckle boxing)
Crips and Bloods: Made in America (really interesting history of the social motivations that created these gangs)

Offline Jrong

• The Legend
  • i love food
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2012, 02:11:25 PM »

Oliver Stone's doco 'South of the Border' is also v interesting. Essential viewing for those who tune into Fox News on a regular basis...LOL
Ha ha! Not sure I would recommend it to anyone who watches Fox News regularly (that's a hopeless cause) but I'd definitely recommend it for democratic-minded people who are interested in knowing how SA is ridding itself of a classist/racist past and putting more power in the people's hands through democratic means.
"When in doubt...ask Troglodyte" ~0mnslnd

Offline edsel

• Adventurer
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2012, 03:25:32 PM »
'I saw a devil ' Is an amazing revenge thriller. Don't understand how anyone could dislike it ,but each to their own. The serial killer is fantastic  in it.  I would reccomend it highly if your into that kind of genre.

Other really good Korean movies are - ' The man from nowhere (would say this heavily influenced the denzel movie ' man on fire' ) and ' a bittersweet life' . Both really good crime/mafia  movies.

Recently watched 'Crazy,stupid,love' not usually into hollywood  rom-coms but this suprised me, was really funny I had never seen Ryan Gosling do a comedy before and he was brilliant in it.

Offline Mountain Crocodile

• Super Waygook
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2012, 07:33:59 PM »
Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
The Office
Spartacus:Vengeance
Simpsons
Californication
South Park

(usually 1 day after released in the US)

Current movies are also on the list, but too many to mention.

MC

Offline jimiready

• Adventurer
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2012, 08:55:19 PM »
'young adult' is good

Offline Wigfield

• Adventurer
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2012, 07:45:23 AM »
The best film I've seen recently was Days of Heaven, Terrence Malick flick from 1978.

I thought Drive was the best film of 2011 but I've been struggling to get my hands on a decent copy of Shame (I will not watch a copy made by a camcorder in a cinema). I saw Hunger not too long ago, also by Steve McQueen (Shame director) and also starring Michael Fassbender, and it was very well made, but that's only increased my impatience.

Let's see, Martha Marcy May Marlene was pretty good as was Midnight in Paris. A Separation was very good.

I recognise that Tree of Life isn't for everyone but I'm firmly behind it myself. Some moments in that film were excellent, absolutely stunning.

Submarine is a little gem of a British movie that I saw recently. Very entertaining.

I hope to watch Take Shelter and Snowtown soon and I'm especially excited about the latter. Word is that it is intense and profoundly disturbing in parts, so my kind of film.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 07:47:05 AM by Wigfield »

Offline Jrong

• The Legend
  • i love food
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2012, 08:46:59 AM »
'young adult' is good
Yeah definitely. I don't really like character-driven stories but the script was so well-written and Charlize Theron is an amazing actress.
"When in doubt...ask Troglodyte" ~0mnslnd

Offline teodulfopalisoc32

• Adventurer
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2012, 10:11:46 AM »
I've been watching about 1 movie per day since I've been here and probably have seen close to 500 movies so far lol.
What movies are you watching?

I just saw Sanctum, Alive, Honeymoon in Vegas, Boy Wonder, Midnight Meat Train, Creep, Limitless, and Skyline lol.
I been watching tv shows that my friend gave me since I watched all my movies I brought from home.  At least they are different.  I have tons of stuff saved up on my ipod as well but seen them all.   I just can't wait to get internet so why I can download movies and shows again.   Living in a rural has its disadvantages and can't meet up with other as much as you like.  Plus u have to return early so why you dont miss the bus.  Thats what sucks. 

Offline POH7100

• Adventurer
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2012, 10:24:34 AM »
I'd recommend "We Need to Talk About Kevin". Tilda Swinton is amazing in it and her son's character gave me chills.

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Super Waygook
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2012, 11:59:49 AM »
It got bad reviews, some of the acting was rubbish at times and the script was deeply flawed but I enjoyed Predicament in spite of that. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1574639/
It's a kiwi flick with Jemaine Clement from Flight Of The Conchords, Chopper from The Ronnie Johns Half Hour (Heath Franklin) and Tim Finn in it. The main character is an unknown but he does a good job.

Clement probably puts in the worst performance. His weird accent/voice is never consistent but he doesn't chew the scenery too much and doesn't detract from the other characters.

It has good atmosphere, sets and costumes. A few actual good moments and the concept is absolutely sound, even if the execution leaves a little to be desired.

Offline jimmyeatworldwar

• Super Waygook
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2012, 12:19:18 PM »
guys.. the upcoming Prometheus is going to be
a kickass movie
man i can't wait...

Offline steve2398132

• Adventurer
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2012, 02:28:01 PM »
Some very good picks in here, as well as a few new ones that I’ll try to watch. 

To lighten things up a bit – any good recommendations for comedies?  I’ve heard good things about 21 Jump Street, and I’m hoping it doesn’t take forever to come out here, otherwise I’ll have to download it! 
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 02:35:41 PM by steve2398132 »

Offline kerirose

• Explorer
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2012, 02:32:54 PM »
Waxthcing the Korean movie "Thirst".

Offline lolipops2

• Explorer
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2012, 07:42:11 PM »
Actually, I haven't seen the movie lately because of TV show.  the latter  is more interesting than the former and  the former costs  a lot and the latter is free on the internet.  I can choose what I want in my private room. there are many options, too.

Offline mindymare

• Explorer
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2012, 05:24:42 AM »
Those are really old movies.

I've been watching about 1 movie per day since I've been here and probably have seen close to 500 movies so far lol.

I just saw Sanctum, Alive, Honeymoon in Vegas, Boy Wonder, Midnight Meat Train, Creep, Limitless, and Skyline lol.

Offline gookway

• Super Waygook
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2012, 08:17:46 AM »

Yeah, I like re-watching older movies....some are good, some aren't, and some just bring back nostalgic feelings and memories.
I re-watched Master and Commander (one of my favs), also saw: The Kingdom, Home of the Brave, Dead Poets Society, 21, Sense & Sensibility (another fav), The Wrestler, Warrior, The Invention of Lying, Catch and Release, a whole bunch of Dominque Swain movies, Into the Wild, Mary and Max, The Island of Dr. Moreau, The Saint, The Happening.

Offline steve2398132

• Adventurer
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2012, 09:16:14 AM »
Oh, yeah!  I  almost forgot.  I also  just watched Inside Job,  a documentary about the financial collapse of 2008.  I highly recommend seeing it!
Yeah, Inside Job was v interesting - and depressing that they got away with it all.
We've also just watched the HBO TV mini-series Generation Kill, written by the guys who co-wrote The Wire series, and based on the book by an embedded journalist (Evan Wright, I think) during the 2nd American invasion of Iraq.
Ive just watched The Rum Diary with Johnny Depp as a semi-autobiographical Hunter.S. Thompson in Puerto Rico in 1960.
Drive has been the stand-out, though. So much is so good about that movie! The elevator scene that pays tribute to 'Irreversible' is hardcore but not out of place. Check it!
Don't be put off, you blokes, by the title: Bridesmaids is a great comedy movie from last year. Almost as good as The Guard.

I watched “South of the Border” last night. 

Very nice recommendation: I lived/worked in Latin America for 4 years before coming here and, although I might not agree with Stone’s opinion on some of the issues, it definitely changed my view about some of South America’s leaders, especially Chávez!   

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Super Waygook
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2012, 10:49:41 AM »

Yeah, I like re-watching older movies....some are good, some aren't, and some just bring back nostalgic feelings and memories.
I re-watched Master and Commander (one of my favs), also saw: The Kingdom, Home of the Brave, Dead Poets Society, 21, Sense & Sensibility (another fav), The Wrestler, Warrior, The Invention of Lying, Catch and Release, a whole bunch of Dominque Swain movies, Into the Wild, Mary and Max, The Island of Dr. Moreau, The Saint, The Happening.

It's sad they never made a sequel or series of sequels to Master And Commander. It was a genuinely fun and exciting movie without being dumb. And the ending flatly intimated that there would be a sequel. "Quick we have to chase that baddie!" THE END.

Offline vashthestampyd

• Veteran
  • pssshhhh nah gurl
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2012, 01:03:27 PM »
eah yo man if u liked da revenge trilogy from Park chan-wook, u gotta get tow atching Thirst by him man. yo dat junk was sexy and sujper nice.

yo yall check out The NExt Three Days man with Ruseel Crow. junk was hot man. junk flew over da media man. noone know about it.

ya'll waygookers are off the hook man, all ya ya'll