February 16, 2019, 09:12:16 AM

Author Topic: What movies are you watching??? Just curious....  (Read 97167 times)

Offline Frozencat99

• The Legend
  • #MoonPrincess
Re: What movies are you watching??? Just curious....
« Reply #340 on: February 12, 2013, 01:27:59 PM »
Amour is... it's just perfect.
Beware the Homosexual Industrial Complex -- http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-june-17-2013/left-behind

You can leave your heterophobia behind.

Offline MWeb37

• Super Waygook
« Reply #341 on: February 13, 2013, 09:37:24 AM »
I recently watched Haywire and 7 Psychopaths.

Just watched Seven Psychopaths a few days ago.

I thought it was a decent film, but I felt it could have been much much more. Really liked Sam Rockwell's performance.

What'd you think?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:39:14 AM by MWeb37 »

Offline Chicagohotdog

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Ketchup? Get outta here!
« Reply #342 on: February 13, 2013, 10:45:04 AM »
I recently watched the new live action Rurouni Kenshin movie.  It's a Japanese movie based on an old anime that I loved.

It's great!  If you like sword fights and don't mind reading subtitles during your movies (if you don't speak Japanese). It's a great movie and I plan on watching it again soon!
Discount of up to $10 off of first order on iHerb.com ---> CHK096

$10 off of a Tour booked through Viator.com (You get $10 off and I'll get $10 off - that could be an airport ride): https://www.viator.com/raf/PDPOTBSYI

http://travelhacking.org/sammery-wants-you

Offline travis1983

• Newgookin
« Reply #343 on: February 13, 2013, 02:56:24 PM »
watching Red Dawn

Offline tokixjam

• Veteran
« Reply #344 on: February 14, 2013, 08:33:25 AM »
I recently watched the new live action Rurouni Kenshin movie.  It's a Japanese movie based on an old anime that I loved.

It's great!  If you like sword fights and don't mind reading subtitles during your movies (if you don't speak Japanese). It's a great movie and I plan on watching it again soon!
I agree with this!

I love how they kept the silly yet serious tone of the Kenshin character. =)

I got a great Blu Ray rip with English subtitles. ^_^

Offline Superchick3

• Veteran
« Reply #345 on: February 14, 2013, 10:27:03 AM »
Awakenings and Beasts of the Southern Wild. Both were awesome.

Offline Jrong

• The Legend
  • i love food
« Reply #346 on: February 14, 2013, 10:35:25 AM »
watched part of  DJANGO UNCHAINED.  Now I remember why I stay away from Tarantino films. I love violently redemptive or revengeful films but not ones where the violence itself is glorified. No Tarantino for me.
"When in doubt...ask Troglodyte" ~0mnslnd

Offline livzy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #347 on: February 14, 2013, 10:53:50 AM »
If you've not seen it try to catch the excellent 'African Cats', which I watched a couple days ago. :cheesy:

Offline Somersault

• Newgookin
« Reply #348 on: February 14, 2013, 11:22:52 AM »
I recently watched Wreck-it-Ralph which totally exceeded my expectations as a film. The 2D short before it was an awesome blend of traditional and computer animation, and I hope to see it reappear in a future full!
-length Disney movie. Unfortunately it looks like they are "adjusting" the actual Snow Queen story in an attempt to repeat the Tangled formula for their next film :(

Offline Nobbie Q

• Veteran
« Reply #349 on: February 15, 2013, 02:20:42 PM »
I watched Seven Psychopaths, The Master (finally) and the Korean film The Berlin File.

Seven Psychopaths...tries to be like a Tarintino or Guy Ritchie film but fails. Tries to be all tongue in cheek about scriptwriting and movies but it doesn't really work. I can see what they were trying to go for, I just found it all over the place with it's themes and it wasn't really all that funny.

The Master.... Some crazy acting in this film. Produced really well but I just didn't care for it. I loved There Will Be Blood, but it doesn't conjure up the same level of emotions as it. I might have to watch it again though.

The Berlin File....Great film. The plot points (like many other Korean films) come quickly and you have to catch them fast but there's some really good action. In the vein of the Bourne films. Good story...liked how it featured different ethnicities to give it more of an international feel.

Offline Cards222

• Waygookin
« Reply #350 on: February 18, 2013, 08:48:53 AM »
Argo was awesome, even though Ben Affleck is in it. 

Silver Linings Playbook was good.  Top tier romantic comedy and compelling characters. 

Searching for Sugarman was a really interesting watch. It's a documentary but is really well done.  Recommended for music lovers. 

Offline genius_advice

• Veteran
« Reply #351 on: February 18, 2013, 08:50:54 AM »
Catching up on Adventure Time with Finn and Jake.

Heads up, Django will be in Korea March 21st.

Offline Frozencat99

• The Legend
  • #MoonPrincess
« Reply #352 on: February 18, 2013, 03:39:09 PM »
Just watched Django. Great film, not at all surprised by it's nomination. Fantastic. Less bloody than I thought it was going to be, given it was a Tarantino flick. Worth dealing with either way.

Next up: Lincoln (won't watch Life of Pi or Zero Dark Thirty) for Best Picture, Flight and The Master for Lead Actor, The Impossible for Lead Actress.
Beware the Homosexual Industrial Complex -- http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-june-17-2013/left-behind

Offline wrinklebump

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #353 on: February 18, 2013, 06:23:41 PM »
I was conned into watching that Berlin movie by my coworkers and subsequently spent the remainder of my precious evening agonizing over its shittiness.
Livin in a pathetic epidemic with schizophrenics buyin synthetic bodies on credit

Offline Frozencat99

• The Legend
  • #MoonPrincess
« Reply #354 on: February 18, 2013, 10:23:02 PM »
Wreck-It Ralph was really cute.  :angel:

Offline Nobbie Q

• Veteran
« Reply #355 on: February 19, 2013, 10:51:46 AM »
Just watched Django. Great film, not at all surprised by it's nomination. Fantastic. Less bloody than I thought it was going to be, given it was a Tarantino flick. Worth dealing with either way.

Next up: Lincoln (won't watch Life of Pi or Zero Dark Thirty) for Best Picture, Flight and The Master for Lead Actor, The Impossible for Lead Actress.

People are making deal out of the bloodiness of the film, when it really isn't THAT bloody. It's just that films these days are lame as hell with the blood, either not featuring it all or inserting phony CGI inserted blood, so in contrast this film looks really bloody. Also more groups of people are watching this film, due to its star power and Tarintino which brings more complainers about its content.

Lincoln was lame as hell. No depth to his character, pretty obvious that Speilberg kept it safe to avoid any controversy about America's hero. But by doing so, the film lacks severe drama with lots boring talks between people in stuffy outfits.

I know Zero Dark Thirty is not accurate at all, but just view it as a fictional account about the hunt for Bin Laden and you might enjoy it.

The Master...I have mixed opinion about it. I loved There Will Be Blood but this film was more frustrating. Acting is great though.

Offline Frozencat99

• The Legend
  • #MoonPrincess
« Reply #356 on: February 19, 2013, 03:17:11 PM »
The Impossible was pretty bad, overall. I don't know why the story had to be about white people (considering they weren't based on white people).

The aspect of rich white people having something bad happen to them on their glorious beach resort vacation was captured well, though. Oh no, the poolside blender stopped working, a tsunami must be headed this way.

Offline Jrong

• The Legend
  • i love food
« Reply #357 on: February 19, 2013, 05:12:12 PM »
The Impossible was pretty bad, overall. I don't know why the story had to be about white people (considering they weren't based on white people).

The aspect of rich white people having something bad happen to them on their glorious beach resort vacation was captured well, though. Oh no, the poolside blender stopped working, a tsunami must be headed this way.
It was a human story and I loved it. We both cried watching it.
"When in doubt...ask Troglodyte" ~0mnslnd

Offline Frozencat99

• The Legend
  • #MoonPrincess
« Reply #358 on: February 19, 2013, 05:36:30 PM »

It was a human story and I loved it. We both cried watching it.

I cried for Amour. In comparison, The Impossible was a story about white people facing a tragedy that affected many more poor Thai people.

Offline waterfall12

• Super Waygook
« Reply #359 on: February 19, 2013, 06:28:45 PM »
saw lincoln today sooooooooooooooo boring. yesterday gangster squad where i kept remembering how much better the untouchables was. cloud atlas was good albeit lotr long