February 16, 2019, 09:33:09 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: What movies are you watching??? Just curious....  (Read 97171 times)

Offline Jyang486

• Veteran
Re: What movies are you watching??? Just curious....
« Reply #260 on: November 19, 2012, 12:13:22 PM »
watched dark knight rises.  i wasn't as impressed by the story, and the acting wasn't nearly as good as it was in the dark knight.  not to mention it was long as hell.  i was rather disappointed, happy i didn't pay the extra amount to watch it in the theaters.  i'm sure the imax experience would have made the movie somewhat worthwhile, but the cinematics shouldn't carry the movie.

Offline Chadwickhhs

• Expert Waygook
  • This is the fate of all who oppose me.
« Reply #261 on: November 19, 2012, 12:19:44 PM »
Saw Amazing Spiderman which made me miss New York but the movie itself was more of the same.

Saw Magic Mike which was surprisingly decent. Not mind boggling but acceptable.

hilarity ensues

« Reply #262 on: November 19, 2012, 01:28:34 PM »
Saw Amazing Spiderman which made me miss New York but the movie itself was more of the same.

I saw it too... it needed more Sam Raimi. I also think that making it darker and grittier is a huge mistake.

I also saw the new Total Recall... mostly because Bryan Cranston was in it. He was given very very little to do. It wasn't such a good film.

Offline gOldenboy

• Explorer
« Reply #263 on: November 19, 2012, 02:16:55 PM »
lilja 4eva

and

IRREVERSIBLE

Great way to get rid of the Monday blues because you realize you have nothing to be blue about

Offline serasito

• Waygookin
« Reply #264 on: November 19, 2012, 02:35:44 PM »
I had the good fortune of stumbling upon a great British film while channel surfing the other week.  Bronson it was called, and it was about this loony character called Charles Bronson who became Britain's most violent criminal the past few decades.   

I would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys cinema Nouveau.   

Offline taeyang

• Moderator - LVL 4
  • Waygook Lord
« Reply #265 on: November 19, 2012, 02:45:17 PM »

I saw it too... it needed more Sam Raimi. I also think that making it darker and grittier is a huge mistake.

I also saw the new Total Recall... mostly because Bryan Cranston was in it. He was given very very little to do. It wasn't such a good film.

they filmed that in toronto, so i was pulled out a few times when i recognised areas on king street.
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

Offline taewon

• Super Waygook
« Reply #266 on: November 19, 2012, 03:23:14 PM »
Watching Flash Gordon, Blast From the Past, and Copper mini series. I like Copper alot. 8)
"One year they asked me to be poster boy - for birth control."
Rodney Dangerfield

Offline Sprite06

• Featured Contributor
  • Expert Waygook
  • Waygook Turtle
« Reply #267 on: November 19, 2012, 03:33:37 PM »
Last night I saw The Fountain. It was amazing. I encourage you to watch it, quietly, in private. It has a great soundtrack, the cinematography carries you away, the story is bold, mesmerizing, passionate, gentle, unforgettable. Once you 'get it' it takes you further and further. It's not 2010 or 2001.
this. (director is darren aronofsky - requiem for a dream, black swan)

ive been watching (some cases re-re-re-re-watching) everything put out by studio ghibli. the most recent and unfamiliar one to me was The Cat Returns. If you like cats, or think they are funny animals you would probably find the movie entertaining and fun.

Aronofsky is my favorite.  Everything he touches is gold.  He's working on a new movie starring Russel Crowe and Jennifer Connelly called Noah.    Set to release in March 2014.

The last movie I watched was Moonrise Kingdom by Wes Anderson.  I enjoyed it. 
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1748122/

Offline joseph921

• Super Waygook
« Reply #268 on: November 21, 2012, 08:04:51 AM »
Just watched Cloud Atlas and was quite disappointed.  I thought the trailer was about 10x better than the actual movie.   The idea was nice, but to me, fell short of what it could have been.

I would have preferred they show a more direct connection between all the lives of each time period and how the ancestor mattered to the survival of the predecessor.  Instead they did this whole "reincarnation" thing which was silly.

What would have been more effective is if they had revealed some significant person in the future (who would save the world etc) and then show how his/her very existence could have easily been wiped out or altered had certain things happened in the many lives of the his/her ancestors.   It would speak to all of us because we are here today only because our ancestors (5, 10, 20, 50 generations) had survived and eventually led to you being here.

Offline tanis62458

• Super Waygook
« Reply #269 on: November 21, 2012, 09:09:09 AM »
watched Lawless last night.  I thought it was ok.  really couldn't stand shia's character though.  overall, it was a decent film if you get to watch it for free

Offline JeremyC

• Featured Contributor
  • The Legend
« Reply #270 on: November 21, 2012, 09:30:57 AM »
I watched 'Prometheus' last night and it was surprisingly bad. It reminded me of a cynical, '80s coke-head, producer's effort aimed at the lowest common denominator bad. Disappointing for a Ridley Scott effort.

The night before I saw 'The Raven' - I'm not a great fan of Poe, Cusak or murder mysteries but I thought it was put together very well; great cinematography and costumes, pacing, sets.

Life is, indeed, like a box of chocolates.
It's nice to be important but more important to be nice.

Offline papayapie

• Super Waygook
  • H8SK
« Reply #271 on: November 21, 2012, 09:35:01 AM »
Breaking Dawn Part 2. Best of the worst, which of course isn't saying much. It was way better than the book, though.

Offline taeyang

• Moderator - LVL 4
  • Waygook Lord
« Reply #272 on: November 21, 2012, 10:27:54 AM »
I watched 'Prometheus' last night and it was surprisingly bad. It reminded me of a cynical, '80s coke-head, producer's effort aimed at the lowest common denominator bad. Disappointing for a Ridley Scott effort.

Life is, indeed, like a box of chocolates.

i quite enjoyed prometheus when i saw it. i took it at face value though, and didn't connect it to the alien universe (it's supposed to be a prequel). granted at the time, i wasn't a big fan of the alien films and had only seen them in passing. but i've gone back now and watch three of the four on blu-ray. i think if i saw prometheus now, i'd be a little more disappointed.

i do want to get the big bluray set that has an hours worth of deleted scenes. i've read reviews that have said that if you watch the deleted scenes, listen to the commentaries and watch the making-of documentaries, then you'll understand the plot and what the heck is going on. uhhhhh... okay. so i have to invest another six hours of my life to understand a two hour movie? not really how i want to spend my time, but okay!

unrelated: i watched beauty and the beast last night. that film can never get old!!!!!!!!

Offline JeremyC

• Featured Contributor
  • The Legend
« Reply #273 on: November 21, 2012, 11:46:42 AM »
For me the 'Alien' movies are up there in the same league as Star Wars ... really. Not as good but in the same league. I've watched all four Alien films a few times (some in the cinema) so there is some sentimental value locked up in them and my reaction is more negative than the average. The thing is I thought Ridley Scott brought some level-headedness to crazy sci-fi flicks but in Prometheus all logic was thrown out the window. I thought 'Pitch Black' did the same film but better.

Offline Jrong

• The Legend
  • i love food
« Reply #274 on: November 22, 2012, 06:59:23 AM »
I hated Prometheus & Dark Night Rises.

Saw TED. I liked it a lot. I also love Seth Macfarlane's style, in general. Best part was Flash Gordon being in there. I love it when former cheesy actors reappear in new movies and make fun of themselves in cheesy ways. Most of the film was filled with little laughs but Flash made me lol.
"When in doubt...ask Troglodyte" ~0mnslnd

Offline jujubelle

• Adventurer
« Reply #275 on: November 22, 2012, 07:32:14 AM »
Not a movie, but I'm watching Shameless. Effin' awesome TV series. It never gets tired. Well, unless it's the American version. Tepid.
"Don't follow where the path may lead...go where there is no path and leave a trail." Author Unknown

Offline Jyang486

• Veteran
« Reply #276 on: November 22, 2012, 12:44:32 PM »
Not a movie, but I'm watching Shameless. Effin' awesome TV series. It never gets tired. Well, unless it's the American version. Tepid.

http://www.waygook.org/index.php/topic,12899.0.html

And I enjoy the American version.

Offline taeyang

• Moderator - LVL 4
  • Waygook Lord
« Reply #277 on: November 27, 2012, 02:50:29 PM »
last night i watched "the cabin in the woods". i really dug it! it did not go the way i was expecting it to. if you're a horror and/or sci-fi fan, you have to check it out! if you're a joss whedon fan, well then you've probably already seen it.

i also watched the joaquin phoenix "documentary", "i'm still here" the other night too. that was crap. do NOT /b] watch that.

Offline JeremyC

• Featured Contributor
  • The Legend
« Reply #278 on: November 27, 2012, 03:34:00 PM »
I re-watched 'Boogie Nights' last night, around a decade after I first saw it.

I'd forgotten how good the soundtrack is, how rare it is to find a movie that sympathetically deals with the topic whilst having a truly world-class cast, how funny the dialogue is and how well (and with style) it's shot.

Paul Thomas Anderson here almost out does Tarantino for pulp with a strong nod to Scorsese.

hilarity ensues

« Reply #279 on: November 28, 2012, 11:03:30 AM »
last night i watched "the cabin in the woods". i really dug it! it did not go the way i was expecting it to. if you're a horror and/or sci-fi fan, you have to check it out! if you're a joss whedon fan, well then you've probably already seen it.

They should have saved the bits about the scientists for the end-- seriously, making it into a gag sucked every last bit of suspense out of the film and made into a so-so horror comedy/satire. I get that they're being 'meta', but the way that they were constantly reminding everyone that it was all just a routine/part of a day's work made it seem less interesting than it could have been.

The only time I laughed was the bit with the schoolgirls and the frog, but the rest of the time I was just watching it thinking 'yeah, okay I get it, you're clever... but this isn't exciting'.