February 16, 2019, 08:49:06 AM

Author Topic: What movies are you watching??? Just curious....  (Read 97158 times)

Offline tinkerbellmaggie

• Veteran
Re: What movies are you watching??? Just curious....
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2012, 10:44:28 AM »
I haven't watched much since arriving in Korea but I really enjoyed "Easy A". Someone was talking about Tintin and it was very enjoyable...but if you are someone who is a fan of the comics (like me) it is a bit annoying when they leave characters out....  :)

Offline Superchick3

• Veteran
« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2012, 11:10:37 AM »
Wow Easy A... that's on my cheer up movie list! Gosh I love that one... though Bridesmaids is awesome!

Offline rach229

• Veteran
« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2012, 11:23:08 AM »
Wow Easy A... that's on my cheer up movie list!

I love Easy A too! Then again, I love all Emma Stone movies!

Offline Frozencat99

• The Legend
  • #MoonPrincess
« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2012, 01:51:22 PM »
Boy A is fantastic.
Beware the Homosexual Industrial Complex -- http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-june-17-2013/left-behind

You can leave your heterophobia behind.

Offline Jrong

• The Legend
  • i love food
« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2012, 11:34:38 AM »
Just finished watching SAFE HOUSE. Not bad, though very violent.
Yeah, these are my second fav kind of movies (only second to movies that deal with pressing social issues) -- a plot-driven movie with tons of action and life or death consequences facing the character every 5 minutes. Ppl with ADHD have to love this type of stuff. I would have preferred more resolution but it was OK.

I also recently watched Hysteria. Good movie.

And Wanderlust. Great movie. Moderately more character-driven storytelling than I usually like but the script-writing was excellent, the acting great, and the scenarios reminded me of many scenarios that occurred when I lived with hippies. Lmao.

"When in doubt...ask Troglodyte" ~0mnslnd

Offline Superchick3

• Veteran
« Reply #105 on: June 15, 2012, 01:23:31 PM »
I just heard about hysteria (I knew about the concept but I don't think they had a title yet). Awesome that it is good. I want to watch "Shame"

Offline unclefrank

• Super Waygook
« Reply #106 on: June 15, 2012, 03:36:56 PM »
'God Bless America'

Instead of just watching and being disappointing in all the things he sees on tv and humanity in general, a mentally disturbed man takes to the road and starts killing off those who aren't positively contributing to society. Classic. (think dark humor)

Offline shaolinPWNstyle

• Waygookin
« Reply #107 on: June 15, 2012, 05:40:24 PM »
I watched 'Prometheus' at a "4D" theater in Busan. Every now and then there would be water spraying, wind, or shaking. We also had the 3D glasses. Cool effects, but I don't think it's really worth paying extra for. The movie itself was okay. It was a little confusing. Also, there's one really grotesque scene that's been haunting me since watching it. lol :(

Offline calvin0416

• Veteran
« Reply #108 on: June 16, 2012, 03:26:49 PM »
'God Bless America'

Instead of just watching and being disappointing in all the things he sees on tv and humanity in general, a mentally disturbed man takes to the road and starts killing off those who aren't positively contributing to society. Classic. (think dark humor)

Haha, interesting movie! I shall watch this cuz it sounds just like something I'd do!!!  At least I've played that out in my mind many times :))
In an empire of lies, telling the truth is treason - Ron Paul

Offline Harpoinseoul

• Expert Waygook
  • www.harpo.ca
« Reply #109 on: June 16, 2012, 10:51:54 PM »
I just finished watching THE DICTATOR. A very funny film.
Skype Video Counselor in Coquitlam, BC

Make the best use of what's in your power; take the rest as it comes.

The thing that upsets people is not what happens; but what they think it means.

Epictetus (55 - 135 C.E.)

Inter-faith spiritual counselor
http://www.harpo.ca

Offline livzy

• Super Waygook
« Reply #110 on: June 16, 2012, 11:12:47 PM »
I watched 'Prometheus' at a "4D" theater in Busan. Every now and then there would be water spraying, wind, or shaking. We also had the 3D glasses. Cool effects, but I don't think it's really worth paying extra for. The movie itself was okay. It was a little confusing. Also, there's one really grotesque scene that's been haunting me since watching it. lol :(

Watch something else - now. I suggest Gladiator, Pulp Fiction or Forrest Gump, to relieve you.

Offline Harpoinseoul

• Expert Waygook
  • www.harpo.ca
« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2012, 12:35:35 AM »
I just finished watching EASY A. A very stupid movie that must have been put together by a team of monkeys. Really sucked!!
Skype Video Counselor in Coquitlam, BC

Make the best use of what's in your power; take the rest as it comes.

The thing that upsets people is not what happens; but what they think it means.

Epictetus (55 - 135 C.E.)

Inter-faith spiritual counselor
http://www.harpo.ca

Offline Superchick3

• Veteran
« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2012, 09:33:01 AM »
Sorry Harpoinseoul. Honestly I LOVE that film. I guess it definitely isn't for everyone. What movie would you suggest?

Offline Jrong

• The Legend
  • i love food
« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2012, 10:05:21 AM »
Yeah, I liked Easy A too. It was a decent movie. As for The Dictator...I hope you're right. Sacha Baron Cohen has got to be one of my fav comedians.

Offline Edmond

• Explorer
« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2012, 09:28:22 AM »
A friend lent me Samaria, a Korean film in three parts:  It was pretty...intense.  Kinda strange watching it because it won some international film awards.  I thought it was good, had a great story, but some of the shots and the dialogue seemed pretty amateur at times.  To give it credit it got better as it went on.

Offline Frozencat99

• The Legend
  • #MoonPrincess
« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2012, 09:59:06 AM »
Easy A was easily one of the better films I saw last year, I'm surprised someone thinks poorly of it.

I am really stoked for the new Spider-man movie because not only is the rebooted cast so much more talented, it's more in-line with what Spider-man should be about (snide wisecracking humour, non-organic webbing, the Lizard, etc.)
Beware the Homosexual Industrial Complex -- http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-june-17-2013/left-behind

You can leave your heterophobia behind.

Offline Chadwickhhs

• Expert Waygook
  • This is the fate of all who oppose me.
« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2012, 11:45:14 AM »
I honestly expected to hate Easy A but watched it because I have a thing for Emma Stone. It wasn't bad and Stanley Tucci once again proved that he needs to be given more screen time in movies. I kind of liked it.

The most recent film I saw was Man on Fire; which was acceptable as an action flick.

Offline Jrong

• The Legend
  • i love food
« Reply #117 on: June 18, 2012, 05:39:29 PM »
Just saw Hemmingway and Gellhorn. I liked it. The plot was very meandering and un-intuitive, always asking myself "where is this going?", but a lot of Clive Owen's and Nicole Kidman's lines were so hilarious it was easy to keep watching. It was a mildly-inspiring anti-fascist movie but more-so it really did a great job of taking a dbag character (like Hemmingway) with all of his flaws, and showing us the beauty of certain aspects of his character. I like movies that take normal, messed-up people, and don't ignore the problems they have, but in the end, focus on the most beautiful parts of who they are and what they contribute to the world. It was very real and beautiful in that way.

Offline DWAEDGIMORIGUKBAP

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #118 on: June 18, 2012, 06:10:21 PM »
Just saw Hemmingway and Gellhorn. I liked it. The plot was very meandering and un-intuitive, always asking myself "where is this going?", but a lot of Clive Owen's and Nicole Kidman's lines were so hilarious it was easy to keep watching. It was a mildly-inspiring anti-fascist movie but more-so it really did a great job of taking a dbag character (like Hemmingway) with all of his flaws, and showing us the beauty of certain aspects of his character. I like movies that take normal, messed-up people, and don't ignore the problems they have, but in the end, focus on the most beautiful parts of who they are and what they contribute to the world. It was very real and beautiful in that way.

That sounds good, but will it make me want a beer?  The H did like his cuba libres.  I can't drink right now so let me know if it would be too 'inspiring.'

:)

Offline tokixjam

• Veteran
« Reply #119 on: June 19, 2012, 08:45:54 AM »
I just watched the 2012 version of 21 Jump Street.

I liked it.  I'm not very picky when it comes to comedy.