December 13, 2018, 07:34:27 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: Has anyone seen my Pop Tarts?  (Read 4360 times)

Offline Amandada6262000

• Veteran
Has anyone seen my Pop Tarts?
« on: January 31, 2012, 10:03:04 PM »
What a ridiculous thing to miss, right? I want Pop Tarts! I've been thinking about them for almost three weeks. I don't care what flavor. Has anyone seen them anywhere in Korea? Thanks!

Offline Amandada6262000

• Veteran
Re: Has anyone seen my Pop Tarts?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 10:27:26 PM »
Have you tried Costco, that seems like precisely the kind of stuff you'd get there?

Yes, and Ezshopkorea.com too! Neither have em. Thanks though.

Offline Zzyzx

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 03:11:32 AM »
There are also regional Pop-Tarts. Pop Tarts in the USA are made for the North American market excluding Mexico. Mexico and Japan have their own plants, recipes, and bizarre flavors.

Also, if you're Canadian, beware: If you're buying American-style Pop-Tarts, you might be disappointed. The recipe is different between USA and Canadian Pop-Tarts and are made in different batches. Canadian product is made first, then American in the factory. That is because the Canadian food authorities are much more strict than the American FDA regarding additives.

I'd be interested in trying some of those wacky Japanese flavors. They sound good!

Offline Jeff619

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 06:44:27 AM »
The international market near Hooker Hill in Itaewon has them.  I think Dandy's might carry them as well but I'm not sure. 

Offline Janitor

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • Expert Waygook
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 08:50:21 AM »
Ah that is right. EZ Shop only has "Toast'em Pop-ups" http://www.ezshopkorea.com/shop/step1.php?number=42863 I was going to comment about them having them and thn I realized that they were not the name brand ones.

marsavalanche

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 09:00:04 AM »
The international market near Hooker Hill in Itaewon has them.  I think Dandy's might carry them as well but I'm not sure.

I made a post about this place but it was deleted because I warned OP about getting ripped off there.

Are mods really this trigger happy here still? Jesus Christ.

Offline Frozencat99

• The Legend
  • #MoonPrincess
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 09:10:39 AM »

I made a post about this place but it was deleted because I warned OP about getting ripped off there.

It's too bad they don't sell Pop Tarts on iherb.com, then you could freely advertise and discuss the glorious business.
Beware the Homosexual Industrial Complex -- http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-june-17-2013/left-behind

You can leave your heterophobia behind.

Offline jackdaniels

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 09:36:40 AM »

Marsavalanche: You wrote you hadn't been there in years.
I deleted your post as well as a couple of others.
It's cold and slippery outside.
Doubt the op wants to go look for things they want because of "chances".
Need I say more?

Why not try the foreign food mart in Itaewon?

Chances are they have them.

I haven't been there in years though.  I can't remember the last time someone told me about that place and the conversation wasn't about those guys ripping people off.

marsavalanche

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 09:55:13 AM »

Marsavalanche: You wrote you hadn't been there in years.
I deleted your post as well as a couple of others.
It's cold and slippery outside.
Doubt the op wants to go look for things they want because of "chances".
Need I say more?

Why not try the foreign food mart in Itaewon?

Chances are they have them.

I haven't been there in years though.  I can't remember the last time someone told me about that place and the conversation wasn't about those guys ripping people off.

It was just (confirmed) by Jeff that they DO sell them.

OP sounded desperate, I gave a physical store that she could check if she's (like me) and doesn't prefer online shopping.  This isn't our home country, any information is better than no information.  So next time she's in Itaewon she can swing by the place and have a look. 

Sorry, but I don't see the harm in that.

Offline jackdaniels

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 10:00:53 AM »
No harm just reducing clutter.  :D

Offline southcareer

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 02:21:19 PM »

Offline Amandada6262000

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 10:56:35 AM »
Thank you everyone for your help and recommendations. I'm too far from Seoul/Itaewon to rationalize a trip specifically for Pop Tarts... haha, so online it is! Cheers!!!