December 13, 2018, 08:12:45 AM

Author Topic: Where to buy a wedding dress in Seoul?  (Read 5783 times)

Offline kimjoohui

• Veteran
Where to buy a wedding dress in Seoul?
« on: January 23, 2012, 12:55:42 AM »
On October 6th, I will be getting married in Florida. However, I won't be leaving Korea until the end of August. Which would give me about a month to find a wedding dress back in the US. Therefore, I've been thinking that perhaps it might be wise to give Korea a look for a wedding dress, to at least get an idea of what looks ok on me.

Has anyone had any experience with buying a dress in Korea? Any shops to recommend? Ideally, it would be good to go somewhere that has a salesperson who can speak a bit of English. When I did a bit of google research, it looks like Ahyeon Dong Wedding Shops near Ehwa Women's university is the place to go. Though I'm under the impression that many of them only make dresses rather than have dresses ready to buy. (If anyone is a bit familiar with David's Bridal, that's the kind of store I'm hoping to find.) Also, anyone have any idea what kind of price range dresses typically go for here in Korea?

Offline iselynjenniep

• Veteran
Re: Where to buy a wedding dress in Seoul?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 12:30:36 PM »
i know that koreans usually rent their wedding dresses instead of buying them... so it might be difficult to find one to buy.

Offline edu+smart

• Veteran
  • EDU+Smart
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 08:46:40 AM »
Right near Hongdae/Hapjeong (in between the two districts) there is a "wedding town" of sorts. It is the most famous place in Korea for wedding photog's and dresses. Most of my Korean girl friends that got hitched, rented (or bought) their dresses there. It will be a lot more expensive here though, than in the U.S.
Waste of server space and bandwidth = http://www.waygook.org/

Offline yeeeeeewkorea

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 10:54:20 PM »
I recently looked into costs of dresses here, and contrary to what I had thought, dresses were around 3000-5000USD.
Until next time, I will speak to you next time.