March 21, 2019, 05:33:37 PM

Author Topic: Canceling an internet contract  (Read 2101 times)

Offline uni_puni

• Explorer
Canceling an internet contract
« on: October 10, 2011, 12:16:55 PM »
I'm trying to get out of my internet 1 year contract with T-broad. I have 2 more months left on my internet contract, but I'm moving. I wanted to move it to another city like 15 min away, but they told me that there is another service there. The only options they gave me was to pay a fee which is 200,000 or get the next person to take over my internet. The only problem with getting someone is that there won't be another foreign teacher after me. I'm thinking of just paying for the last two months and not canceling it. The only problem with this might be is that the next tenants might hook up internet into the apartment and T-broad might find out that I left it there and end up charging me. They take out money from my account every month, so I'm thinking they could easily take out the huge fee if they find out that i left. I won't be leaving the country until the end of dec so i would rather not have any bills unpaid for. Does anyone have any suggestions or have been through this??

Offline cmster

• Adventurer
Re: Canceling an internet contract
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 12:29:00 PM »
Had a similar experience with my contract ending 1 month after I moved. I called KT internet and had them arrange to cancel my contract as soon as my contract ended. However, for some reason, they didn't like it when I called in 2 months early to tell them to cancel it in 2 months. Told me to call back 1 month before the contract expired. If T-broad has the same policy, you'll still be in Korea and can call them up and tell them to cancel it then. They can also send you your last month's bill in advance.

I might be a little worried about the new tenants discovering your internet line and racking up fees or something though. Not sure how to solve that issue.

Offline uni_puni

• Explorer
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 02:05:51 PM »
Thanks for replying!! I will have to find out if they have the same policy.

Offline msls

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 03:00:20 PM »
I'm trying to get out of my internet 1 year contract with T-broad. I have 2 more months left on my internet contract, but I'm moving. I wanted to move it to another city like 15 min away, but they told me that there is another service there. The only options they gave me was to pay a fee which is 200,000 or get the next person to take over my internet. The only problem with getting someone is that there won't be another foreign teacher after me. I'm thinking of just paying for the last two months and not canceling it. The only problem with this might be is that the next tenants might hook up internet into the apartment and T-broad might find out that I left it there and end up charging me. They take out money from my account every month, so I'm thinking they could easily take out the huge fee if they find out that i left. I won't be leaving the country until the end of dec so i would rather not have any bills unpaid for. Does anyone have any suggestions or have been through this??

I called my internet provider a year ago because I had been signed up to a 4 year contract. I hadn't realized this at the time but once I learned the word for "contract" and realized that it listed the contract length as 4 years I called in right away. I told them I wanted to cancel and get a monthly contract. They told me the fee would be 100,000won, roughly equivalent to the discount I had received over 5 months of service. However, they told me that if I was moving to a new area where they could not provide service, there was no cancellation fee.

Perhaps this varies from company to company, but call again and see if the service provider has any exceptions for people moving out of their service areas.