March 21, 2019, 06:07:05 PM

Author Topic: ARC Card...can you have it mailed after you apply for it?  (Read 1613 times)

Offline edge518

• Adventurer
ARC Card...can you have it mailed after you apply for it?
« on: October 10, 2011, 01:09:02 AM »
I don't want to pick it up this Tuesday...because I realized that it'll interfere with my co-worker's schedules and my schedule as well.. is there a way to call in or something and just give them the address of my Hagwon?

I should have filled out the mailing form when I was there but I didn't know any better... I've only been here a month and 10 days. Thanks guys!

Offline Schellib39

• Expert Waygook
Re: ARC Card...can you have it mailed after you apply for it?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 07:14:31 AM »
Don't know if it possible to have it mailed to you now are not.  If I had a guess, I would say no....but not 100% sure about that.  I did have mine mailed to me using the "택배" (taek-bae) service but I had to pay for it when I was at the immigration office.  Try to have your co-teacher call them and see if this is an option.

Offline MissC

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 08:20:43 AM »
Mine was mailed to me (to my school). So it's possible.

I went to the center in Daegu, for what it's worth.

Offline kiwikimchi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 10:30:19 AM »
You sure can get it mailed to you. You can decide to pick it up or for it to be sent when it's ready. Have to pay a small amount for the post.

Offline edge518

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 08:06:21 PM »
Thanks guys!!! I might just pick it up tomorrow...but if I don't have the time then I'll definitely try to have it mailed to me. Thanks again!! :)

Offline penguininkorea

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 12:29:21 AM »
Mine was mailed to me (to my school). So it's possible.

I went to the center in Daegu, for what it's worth.
I have a question about my ARC, I am also in Daegu, did you pay extra to have it mailed or was it just mailed? I just paid the application fee when I applied. I went to apply for mine last week, went with the director, who doesn't speak much English, the woman at immigration didn't speak much English. The only thing I really got translated to me it would be ready in four weeks. Not sure if I'm suppose to pick it up, or it would be sent?

Offline daunting

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 08:44:29 AM »
How recently did everyone posting get their ARCs? I got my ARC two months ago and was told that the earlier rules changed: in the past, the government could mail them, but now you had to go to the immigration office for fingerprinting in order to receive your card. This was in Daejeon. I could have been told the wrong thing, of course.

Offline sweetsista

• Explorer
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 09:03:15 AM »
I had my arc card mailed to me after I applied at the Daegu Immigration office. We were told it would take a month to process, so I had mine mailed to my school.

Offline Schellib39

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 11:47:59 AM »
How recently did everyone posting get their ARCs? I got my ARC two months ago and was told that the earlier rules changed: in the past, the government could mail them, but now you had to go to the immigration office for fingerprinting in order to receive your card. This was in Daejeon. I could have been told the wrong thing, of course.

I just got my ARC card in the mail last Friday.

Yes you must go to the immigration office to apply for the ARC card.  Have to go and have your fingerprints taken, fill out the application form, submit your health check, show them your visa, submit a passport picture and pay the fee for the ARC card.  While at the immigration office you can pay a small extra fee to have a 택배 (taek-bae) service deliver your ARC to your school or apartment when it is processed, roughly one month later.