March 21, 2019, 05:55:32 PM

Author Topic: Ipad question  (Read 1305 times)

Offline engbrand

• Veteran
Ipad question
« on: October 05, 2011, 11:47:13 AM »
Hey there,

I am thinking of getting an Ipad. I have a samsung galaxy and I have internet at home. Is it possible to useto use either one  to get internet on the Ipad?

I want to buy it cash, but don't want to have another internet bill every month.

Thanks everyone. Sorry if this is a basic question.
rodneyromb.wordpress.com

Offline eggplant_tyrant

• Super Waygook
Re: Ipad question
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 12:21:33 PM »
The non-3G iPad is wifi only. This means that you can access the internet anywhere there is an open wifi network. At home, all you will need is a wireless router. If you already have one of these, you're set for using your home wifi with your iPad. Out and about, you'll need to turn your phone into a portable wifi hotspot. I have an iPhone, so I can't tell you how to do this on a Galaxy phone (I imagine it depends on the model of the phone, as well...), but the internet should be able to tell you how to set that up.

Offline popeye2u

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 01:28:51 PM »
I did come across an app in apple store which made the iphone into a router for wi-fi if there was no internet available for another device.  I am sure you can find it somewhere online.  Try yahoo apps.  It might work in Galaxy phone also.
Illegally Screwed By Employers in Korea:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1628928127347749/

Offline tfung31

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 02:07:29 PM »
Which Galaxy do you have? I have the U and i am able to stream wifi from it through the wifi settings, but the ipad wasn't able to pick it up for some reason. Try streaming it to your computer or a friends ipad to see if it will work for you if you really need wifi on ur ipad when u are away from home.

Also macs and i think most windows 7 laptops are able to stream wifi if you are using an ethernet cable

Ochodnid

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 08:23:37 PM »
You can use your galaxy as a mobile hotspot. If you don't know how to, just type it into google. It takes only a few seconds to figure out.