March 21, 2019, 05:53:37 PM

Author Topic: Fragrance Free shampoo or close to it?  (Read 2595 times)

Offline joseph921

• Super Waygook
Fragrance Free shampoo or close to it?
« on: September 23, 2011, 10:52:44 PM »
Anyone know if Korea sells any fragrance free shampoo (or close to it?).
I have nose allergies to chemical fragrances in things like soap, laundry detergent, shampoo, deodorant, cologne, etc.

So far I've managed to find my laundry detergent and soap, but nothing for shampoo yet.
Laundry Detergent: Eco Natural (light blue coloured packaging), doesn't bother me at all!
Soap: Dove Fragrance Free (light green coloured packaging), perfect for allergy sufferers. I have this soap imported from Canada as Korea doesn't sell it (just the regular dove).  Mind you the difference between "Fragrance Free" and "Unscented" is that fragrance free means there's no chemical/parfum added, whereas unscented means chemicals are added that mask any scent/fragrance.   

Anybody got suggestions for shampoo?

Offline sha

• Waygookin
Re: Fragrance Free shampoo or close to it?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 09:54:40 PM »
strongly recommend you to have a look at >> www.iherb.com

Offline joseph921

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 02:58:15 PM »
those 2 look interesting thanks.
So do you have them ship to Korea? Or is there someplace I can buy them here?

Offline hankmcmasters

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 08:27:17 PM »
i've seen organic soap that didnt smell like anything at icoop stores.  http://www.icoop.or.kr/

i've also seen dr bronners for sale, maybe at lotte department store.  i know they make an unperfumed one, but i dont know if they sell it here in korea.

and yeah, iherb is pretty reliable.

Offline jimmyeatworldwar

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 03:54:38 PM »
Check out the brand "Menscience" all their products are fragrance free.
A bit expensive you might say, but they are real famous for men's grooming stuff.

Offline joseph921

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 07:11:36 PM »
thanks.  I ordered a couple of those soap/shampoo bars (fragrance free) yesterday from iherb, so I'll see how it turns out!

Offline joseph921

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 08:12:04 PM »
Update:  My order arrived today and I just used J.R. Liggett's Old-Fashioned Shampoo (it's in a soap bar form) and it's fragrance free.  My review so far is fully satisfied!
There's no chemical fragrances to it so it doesn't bother my ever-so sensitive nose, and it really lathered up nicely as if it was a liquid shampoo.  In fact, after this experience, I'm glad it's in a soap bar form!  It washes out cleanly leaving no residue or greasy feeling and my hair doesn't feel heavy either.  I'll be ordering more of this shampoo for sure.

So for any fragrance nose allergy sufferers, this SOAP WORKS!   I haven't used the 2nd item which I bought (Grandpa's wonder pine tar soap) yet, but will try that out maybe tomorrow.  That soap can also be used for shampoo it seems to be more of a general all-purpose soap (body wash, face or shampoo). 

So thanks again for ppl who suggested this.  I've been suffering from nose allergies (fragrances and cig. smoke) for over 10 years and I wish I had found out about this product years ago.  It would have saved me about $100 worth of shampoos I've bought and used only once because it made my nose stuffed up and sneezy.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 08:14:28 PM by joseph921 »

Offline joseph921

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 12:54:46 PM »
Yes, I tried the pine tar soap now twice.  I've been alternating with both soaps and they work fantastic.  Neither of them bothers my nose.  My nose is a serious chemical-fragrance detector lol and it approves of both these soaps 100%.  Yes, usually campfire smoke from burning wood can make my nose runny but the pine tar natural smell doesn't bother me at all.   They also lather up well and both leave my hair feeling really clean (unlike regular shampoos heavy laden with fragrances and chemicals that seem to leave a greasy residue feeling).    This is the next greatest discovery of my life after Dove fragrance free body soap, and fragrance free laundry detergent lol.  I've now completed the trifecta (fragrance free laundry detergent, body soap, and shampoo).  But now I think I should try and find a fragrance free facial cleanser.  The one I'm using now and have been using for the past 8 months is the Neutrogena daily face scrub (orange color) and it works really well (haven't had any serious outbreaks since using it) but fragrance does irritate my nose still.

sidenote: I should also add that the dish washing soap brand called "Te-Ri-Oh" in a yellow bottle...kinda looks like "sunlight" hasn't bothered my nose much either even though its a cheap brand and probably has a little added scent.  I've used it for over a year now and was surprised it didn't bother me so i keep buying that all the time.  Usually some of the fancier looking bottles that cost 2x or 3x more and have these nice pictures with apples or tangerines on them really bug my nose.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 12:59:22 PM by joseph921 »