December 11, 2018, 03:08:51 PM

Author Topic: Middle School books by Christian H. Kim?  (Read 138067 times)

Offline Tom_Waygook

• Veteran
Re: Middle School books by Christian H. Kim?
« Reply #160 on: June 02, 2011, 03:03:08 AM »
Just some simple powerpoint and work sheet for grade 3 lesson 6.

Offline Rowanteacher

• Featured Contributor
  • Veteran
« Reply #161 on: June 03, 2011, 07:56:36 AM »
Here is my second week for A World of Sports. Its a little short because the second graders have some special event next week and will be missing about 10-15 minutes of class. Its a similar dialogue to what somewhat else posted for the lesson, plus a mad libs at the beginning, and then working with a partner to think of your own examples to describe things using the phrase " as( blank as blank)" and then using it in a dialogue with a partner. Enjoy.

This is awesome Benjamin, I'll definitely use some of this next week as it follows on nicely from my first lesson where I introduced my students to squash. Did we both choose it randomly independently or did you see it on my powerpoint?

Offline BenjaminThurn

• Adventurer
« Reply #162 on: June 03, 2011, 02:03:19 PM »
Thanks a lot. Yeah, I got the idea from you ( I think I mentioned that I borrowed parts of the dialogue in my first post, hope thats ok!)so the speaking part at the beginning is very similar. The squash bit actually came up during my Thanksgiving lesson when a grade 1 student who had been abroad knew it was a sport, so I though this would be a good way to introduce it to grade 2 for a little extra vocabulary. Glad to to hear you liked it!

Offline jinjuyou

• Adventurer
« Reply #163 on: June 03, 2011, 02:30:40 PM »
Ok, here's something I've started using for 2nd grade, lesson 5, but it's independent of the text book and is basically a lesson about soccer that centres on getting every students to speak in class.

At the beginning is some review (from a class put together from someone else's PPT), so you probably want to swap something else in. And the warm up example is from my own school; you may want to switch it to something your students will pick up on.

The lesson: Pretty straightforward. I'm at an all-boys school, so they're crazy about soccer/football. I introduce them to some terms, then put them in groups to complete the worksheet. The idea is that in each group are usually 5-6 students, and each group must present, therefore every student participates in the class.

In the past I've found it difficult to get students to listen to each other (or at least be quiet), but for this I've found a great system that I think I'll try more often. Basically, as incentive to get them to finish in a timely manner, I tell them that I have some soccer videos to watch at the end of class if we finish all the presentations. Then, just before the presentations, I give the class as a whole 5 chances. Any time I hear a peep from another group while there's a presentation, I erase one of the chances. If they get down to zero we won't watch the videos. I'm ruthless from the get-go and they pick up on it and haven't run out of chances yet.

Good luck.

Offline jinjuyou

• Adventurer
« Reply #164 on: June 03, 2011, 02:33:42 PM »
...PPT didn't attach for some reason.

Offline SeattleBen

• Adventurer
« Reply #165 on: June 06, 2011, 09:58:00 PM »
Here's what I'm doing for 1st Grade Lesson 5 tomorrow.
We've been going over it for a couple weeks so I'm reviewing
what to say for good news and bad news and then having a
little countries quiz. I hope it helps.

Offline deltablues

• Adventurer
« Reply #166 on: June 13, 2011, 03:27:23 PM »
I made Simpsons review games for lessons 4-6, grades 1 and 3.

Two of the questions in each one are riddles, but the rest are from the books (or use the language from the books.)

EDIT: re-uploaded the G3 review--some of the pictures weren't doing what they were supposed to.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 09:53:25 AM by deltablues »

Offline Andro

• Adventurer
« Reply #167 on: June 14, 2011, 08:08:07 PM »
1st Grade - Lesson 6 - It's Pinata Time.

Offline Andro

• Adventurer
« Reply #168 on: June 14, 2011, 08:08:52 PM »
2nd Grade - Lesson 6 - Pet Lover or Not?

Offline Andro

• Adventurer
« Reply #169 on: June 14, 2011, 08:09:29 PM »
3rd Grade - Lesson 6 - Black Beauty

Offline janinep9

• Explorer
« Reply #170 on: June 15, 2011, 11:00:47 AM »
Attached are lessons 6 from grade 1 and 2.
Please change info according to your class level.
Also I have a lot of freedom in my classroom and don't really put my explainations or intrusctions within my ppt so make it up as you like according to your own prefence.

Offline Rowanteacher

• Featured Contributor
  • Veteran
« Reply #171 on: June 15, 2011, 02:07:03 PM »
I'm on the scrounge for a review lesson for units 4-6 grade 2, can anyone help me out? I've been crazy busy doing stuff for an English festival so this has kinda crept up on me and I just realized I have nothing sorted for this yet.  :o

Hoping someone can save my ass here!

Offline Rowanteacher

• Featured Contributor
  • Veteran
« Reply #172 on: June 16, 2011, 07:31:35 AM »
I made Simpsons review games for lessons 4-6, grades 1 and 3.

Two of the questions in each one are riddles, but the rest are from the books (or use the language from the books.)

EDIT: re-uploaded the G3 review--some of the pictures weren't doing what they were supposed to.

This is awesome! Thank you.

P.S. I don't suppose by any miracle you have something similar for grade 2? I can offer you a lovingly crafted golden bell quiz in exchange! http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,14447.0.html
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 09:00:38 AM by Rowanteacher »

Offline Rowanteacher

• Featured Contributor
  • Veteran
« Reply #173 on: June 20, 2011, 07:21:14 AM »
I had to do some work and make my own :( here it is, heavily based on deltablue's Simpsons game but with the question adapted for 2nd grade.

Edit : OK it's back now, I'd accidentally left some of the first grade questions in, It's still not perfect but it'll do!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 03:59:36 PM by Rowanteacher »

Offline Rowanteacher

• Featured Contributor
  • Veteran
« Reply #174 on: June 20, 2011, 09:10:32 AM »
and a taboo/hotseat game with some nouns from the last three chapters

Offline Rowanteacher

• Featured Contributor
  • Veteran
« Reply #175 on: June 21, 2011, 07:25:47 AM »
1st grade taboo/hotseat, the first 15 slides are nouns from the last three chapters, the rest are just a random collection of stuff to keep them occupied

Offline sbbirk03

• Waygookin
« Reply #176 on: June 28, 2011, 11:18:59 AM »
Here's a Connect 4 review game for grade 3, lessons 4-6. I have two teams compete for each question (for written questions, the first team write the correct answer on their whiteboard wins/ for verbal questions, the team gives the best answer wins). This has worked so much better for me than bomb games where only a few students are actually participating. By making both teams answer each question and requiring different people stand up each time for verbal questions, it miraculously gets them all to participate.

Offline jouelle

• Adventurer
« Reply #177 on: July 04, 2011, 02:38:45 PM »
Grade 1 lesson 7 Talking on the phone

Offline sambelina78

• Veteran
« Reply #178 on: July 06, 2011, 08:55:58 PM »
A lesson for Grade 3 Chapter 7 - traditional foods

Students get into groups and do a matching game of traditional food, country and food name. (1 set of pictures on the word doc but 2 sets of word cards on the other word doc. i usually do 8 groups in classes, so print 8 picture sheets and laminate and 4 word sheets and laminate)

the in the same groups students have to create their own restaurant menu. they can be as creative as they like! i have made a worksheet for them to use for their menus, but you don't have to. depends how creative they want to be.

my classes are split into ability groups, so I am doing this lesson with level A & level B students.

i collected the menus in at the end of class (45 mins). of course, they could spend longer on them and hand them in for homework.
Buy vitamins, baking supplies, organic toiletries on-line at www.iherb.com. They deliver to Korea for an average $4!!

For $5 off your first order use this code LEP805

Offline ntombiza

• Waygookin
« Reply #179 on: July 07, 2011, 10:24:41 AM »
MUCHAS GRACIAS POR COMPARTIR SAMBELINA