June 21, 2018, 04:40:11 PM

Author Topic: green Middle School book by Marie J. Guilloteaux  (Read 11014 times)

Offline patriciag

• Explorer
Re: green Middle School book by Marie J. Guilloteaux
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2011, 08:06:36 AM »
mid-term review jeopardy for grade 2.  you might want to change the idiom questions.  the template is from simon and martina.

Offline mrobinett

• Explorer
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2011, 02:27:14 PM »
Grade 3, Lesson 3: First Aid

Here is my introductory powerpoint. It ties in some of the key phrases the students learned in Lesson 2. I will periodically pause the presentation to brainstorm various injuries and diseases with the class. After the presentation is complete the students will begin an activity creating their own wacky disease/syndrome and dialogue. Time permitting, students will present their disease and dialogue to the class.

Offline patriciag

• Explorer
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2011, 03:07:59 PM »
thanks!  what else are y'all doing for third grade lesson 3?

Offline rdh2209

• Adventurer
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2011, 07:58:25 AM »
Here are power points I made instead of using the text book for 1st grade chapter 4 and 2nd grade chapter 3. Although, I am going to ask my co teacher if its ok to change the "can" to "may" as that is grammatically correct.

I'm at a loss of what to do as an activity though for 1st grade chapter 4...can anybody offer some suggestions?

For 2nd grade chapter 3, I'm doing the bucket list lesson I found on here after we finish part A. Still unsure of what to do for part B of lesson 3.

Offline alistair_c

• Waygookin
Grade Three - Guilloteaux Green Book - Lesson 4
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2011, 07:28:02 PM »
Here's my material for lesson 4.  I got the students to work in groups - explained the activities at the beginning of the lesson, then left them to it for forty minutes.  It works well, and takes the pressure of you as a teacher - you can go around and work with different groups, and don't have to stand at the front of the class the whole time.

I give points in my class for contributions, and effort.  I gave more points to the groups who really focused on the two speaking activities.

The resources are not my own, except for the powerpoint; I found them from various websites.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 02:26:54 PM by alistair_c »

Offline mariag

• Adventurer
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2011, 08:58:51 AM »
Third Grade, Lesson 5. For the last 10/15 minutes I gave each group a tangram puzzle and had them make shapes e.g. Make a square using four triangles, Make a rectangle using all seven pieces, Make a right triangle using all seven pieces, Make a bridge, Make a chair etc.  The first team to make each shape got extra points. Nice way to lighten up the lesson at the end.

Anyone dealing with serious de-motivation and lack of enthusiasm and interest these days?

Offline alistair_c

• Waygookin
Guilloteaux Grade 3 Chapter 5
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2011, 02:13:45 PM »
Here's my material on fractions, for lesson 5. 

We took it easy this lesson - just went through the fractions on the powerpoint, stressing how to say them in English.  I checked the spelling of eighths and twelfths, pronunciation of halves etc.  then students complete the worksheet. 

Probably if I did it again, I'd finish with some whole class quiz or online activity, but this week I just wanted students to have a bit of time at the end of the class, without pressure.

Offline alistair_c

• Waygookin
Guilloteaux Grade 3 Chapter 5 part b
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2011, 02:20:56 PM »
Here's my material for the second week of Lesson 5. 

We went through the pronunciation of R and L words as a whole class.

Then I gave my group leaders - my students are in seven groups of six - the instructions on how to make a tangram.  I asked them to read the instructions to their group, who should listen, and make the tangram.  My idea was - to make this into a speaking activity.  In practice it was difficult to get students to speak English during this activity.  If I wanted to really encourage them to do this, I'd give points to groups who spoke English, but you might want to do it as a more relaxed activity - just let them make the tangrams.

Mariag's idea above, of having one tangram per group, and doing it as a race does look good.  I'll probably try this with my next class.

I've also linked to some online tangram puzzles, which is an optional way to finish.

Offline whitespider

• Veteran
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2011, 04:16:53 PM »
I'm quite keen to do more normal lesson sharey-sharing (ie, stealing of ideas) so if anyone has started working on this semester's stuff for these text books I'd love you forever if you uploaded it...

I'm also always on the lookout for games that would go well with the vocab/ideas in the 'time to talk' sections of the text books.

Here are lessons for the first 'real teaching' week of semester 2: Grade 1- lesson 7 (time to talk 1) and grade 3-lesson 6 (time to talk 1)

Offline alistair_c

• Waygookin
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2011, 09:18:12 AM »
anyone doing lessons for Grade 3 with this Guilloteaux book?  Please share, especially for lessons 9 and 10.  :D

I'm gonna post my material for lesson 7 later today.

Offline alistair_c

• Waygookin
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2011, 10:56:30 AM »
Grade 3 lesson 7.

The powerpoint reviews job names, that they should already know, then some new ones that are covered in this chapter.  Then I do the speaking sections from the textbook.

There's a video - see the hyperlink on the powerpoint to the australian dream job, which I ask some questions about.  Then group discussion on their own dream jobs.

To finish I put all the students' names into the randomiser - fruit machine - see hyperlink.  I then asked the class to say what the student should be and why.

There's also some material on here to a comedy show with people talking about their dreams jobs, and some questions.  i didn't use this much - students didn't really get it.  Also, there are a few things that some people might consider inappropriate for middle school.  In my opinion it's fine though.  Just check out the video please, before you play it to students, and decide for yourself.

The videos, and the fruit-machine application, are hyperlinked in the powerpoint - you need to click the links to open them.

Offline francois

• Adventurer
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2011, 09:37:12 AM »
This is what I did for lesson 6

Offline francois

• Adventurer
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2011, 09:41:13 AM »
My ppt for lesson 8

Offline francois

• Adventurer
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2011, 09:46:08 AM »
My ppts for Lesson 9 and a worksheet

Offline francois

• Adventurer
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2011, 09:50:17 AM »
My ppt for lesson 7 and a review game for lesson 6 and 7

Offline francois

• Adventurer
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2011, 09:56:05 AM »
My ppts for Lesson 10

Offline sheila

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2012, 11:07:12 AM »
Hey guys~ I'm making an index for this book. I already have the lesson names for 1st and 2nd grade.  However, I need the lesson names for 3rd grade so I can make that part of the index.  Also, from now on if you are posting on this thread, please be very specific as to what lesson and what grade you're posting for.  It will make it much easier for me to divide up.  Please be patient with me as this is a time consuming process and I'm super busy at work right now.  But I'll do my best to get it done this weekend if you give me lesson names. 

Last thing, if you guys know of any websites that go with these books, please post a link on here as well so it can be included in the index information section. Are there CDs or CD-ROMs that go with the books? English or Korean teachers guides? Thanks a lot!
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard!
www.freerice.com

Learn new things. Meet new people. Be inspired.
Check out a KOTESOL chapter event near you!
koreatesol.org/nc2018