March 26, 2019, 04:02:15 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: WHERE TO BUY FOREIGN PRODUCTS  (Read 107953 times)

Offline smackle

• Explorer
Lysine, cold sore treatments
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2012, 01:49:03 PM »
Hi there,
I'm looking to buy some L-Lysine tablets, it's an amino acid supplement that helps treat coldsores.
I get them a lot and I've run out of the tabs i brought from home.
I'm finding it difficult to find them here, pharmacists don't seem to have heard of it and I can't seem to find any links on google directing me to any shop I might buy it in.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
I live in Seoul too.
Cheers  :D

Offline Davey

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • Hero of Waygookistan
Re: Lysine, cold sore treatments
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2012, 04:09:56 PM »
Hi there,
I'm looking to buy some L-Lysine tablets, it's an amino acid supplement that helps treat coldsores.
I get them a lot and I've run out of the tabs i brought from home.
I'm finding it difficult to find them here, pharmacists don't seem to have heard of it and I can't seem to find any links on google directing me to any shop I might buy it in.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
I live in Seoul too.
Cheers  :D

Your best bet is to order from one of the supplement sites listed--the most foreigner-friendly is iherb.com
------------------------------------------
Search this site using Google by typing, "site:waygook.org [search term]," especially during peak hours. Alternatively, use the site's search function.

EPIK: VISA, RENEWING, PENSION, ETC:

http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,2614.0.html

Offline hara6

• Explorer
Re: WHERE TO BUY FOREIGN PRODUCTS
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2012, 09:22:54 AM »
DC King has a range of foreigner products and brands mostly related to food (pasta and sauces, chocolates) and personal healthcare (creams, deo, lip balms etc).

Offline smackle

• Explorer
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2012, 02:57:11 PM »
Thanks Davey, :)

Offline cheema

• Explorer
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2012, 05:17:25 AM »
wow, well that was east and helpful lol thanks!

Offline grandfromage

• Veteran
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2012, 09:06:24 AM »
Does anyone know of any stores in Ulsan that sell foreign products? I am from the USA but have also lived in the UK so any foreign products from either would help! Lol I would like some small things that would make me feel more at home, such as ingredients or  spices, or even clothing or toiletries.  I have been here for a little over a week now and have not been able to do much exploring around Ulsan but any info would help!  Thanks in advance!!

You've probably found out by now but there's a place called Foreign Mart across from the express/intercity bus terminals in Samsandong, that has a decent selection.  Homeplus also tends to have a fair amount of imported stuff, the one in Jung-gu has more than the others.  The grocery stores in both Hyundai and Lotte Department Stores in Samsandong also have an import section.

Offline cosmogony

• Super Waygook
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2012, 08:57:13 AM »
Someone posted a link to a great online book shop. But, does anyone know where I can buy CDs and DVDs online? Amazon charges per shipment AND item, so it gets expensive. Any ideas?
http://www.iherb.com Use coupon code fes089 to save $5-$10 on groceries/vitamins/beauty products.

http://earthclinic.com/  Natural Home Remedies

Offline Aannon

• Explorer
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2012, 01:19:57 PM »
This is a great thread but I just want to mention a good website for finding things in Seoul. Although the website doesn't have much yet, you can search and post new entries if you have any of your own.

www.whereinseoul.com

You can share and request entries from the contact section of the site.

Offline cherryrd

• Explorer
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2012, 01:44:48 PM »
Any places in Ik-san?

Offline Amye

• Explorer
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2012, 10:47:42 AM »
Hello all!
I'm fairly new to Korea, and I haven't been around much since I am in the boonies. I recently made the school newspaper where I introduced Canada's (soon-to-be) national food, poutine. For those who aren't familiar with it, it is basically fries covered with cheese curds, seasonings, and gravy/poutine sauce. The principal wants me to make this with the children for English Camp.

TLDR;
Where can I buy cheese curds, gravy/poutine sauce, and fries in South Korea? Preferably north of Seoul or in Seoul.

I'd appreciate any help, and thanks! ^_^v

Offline cosmogony

• Super Waygook
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2012, 10:26:32 AM »
Hello all!
I'm fairly new to Korea, and I haven't been around much since I am in the boonies. I recently made the school newspaper where I introduced Canada's (soon-to-be) national food, poutine. For those who aren't familiar with it, it is basically fries covered with cheese curds, seasonings, and gravy/poutine sauce. The principal wants me to make this with the children for English Camp.

TLDR;
Where can I buy cheese curds, gravy/poutine sauce, and fries in South Korea? Preferably north of Seoul or in Seoul.

You can buy frozen fries at Emart or Home Plus. Cheese curds, I don't know. Just buy the shredded cheese. As for gravy, try Home Plus or online.
http://www.iherb.com Use coupon code fes089 to save $5-$10 on groceries/vitamins/beauty products.

http://earthclinic.com/  Natural Home Remedies

Offline miss_cho

• Super Waygook
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2012, 10:40:36 AM »
Hello all!

TLDR;

If the cheese curds are what I'm thinking of you can make your own. Bring milk to a boil (stir it occasionally to make sure it doesn't burn on the bottom), add an acid (lemon juice or vinegar), stir and the milk will curdle. Strain the curds (you can save the whey for pancake batter, muffins, etc if you want), wrap it up tightly in cheese cloth and leave it for an hour or two so more water is released then break it up into curds. Or you can buy paneer from the foreign food market in Itaewon (or possibly at www.nicemarket.net or www.expatmart.co.kr or another online shop) and break it into curds.

TLDR - make your own or buy paneer (online or in Itaewon) and break it into pieces.

Offline popeye2u

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2012, 02:21:39 PM »
For those between Cheonan and Suwon, Songtan is the place for American products.  There at least a dozen places that carry products sold in the air force commissary.  I usually get my macaroni and cheese there.
Illegally Screwed By Employers in Korea:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1628928127347749/

Offline kawaiikwai

• Explorer
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2012, 10:55:30 AM »
Hi I saw the bit about the Chinese market and how to get to China Town in Incheon. My friend and I went to China Town hoping to buy some Chinese products but e couldn't find an actual market. We found all of the little shops, bubble tea cafe and restaurants but we couldn't find a grocery store except one that was just a standard Korean convenience store. Can anyone help and give me directions to where I can buy ingredients for marinades and so forth? Or am I better off at going to Seoul? We assumed with the China Town Incheon was best :/

Offline lacyfan

• Veteran
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2012, 01:33:09 PM »
Chinatown is not totally useless. Fog City Cafe is there. They make the best pizza that I've had in Korea, and this is coming from a New Yorker.

I heard that Fog City isn't all that and it has high prices, but back to the topic of the thread, eh?

In Songtan, you can find the stores with American goods off the main street in front of Osan Air Base. Go to Songtan Station and take a taxi to "Main Gate." Walking away from the entrance to Osan Air base,  cross the street and walk to your immediate right on the sidewalk. You will go past a convenience store and around the corner past Pizza Club and another convenience store. Keep walking straight. The elevated highway will be on your right. You will pass a chicken restaurant, (on your left), and then you will see a store with American goods. You will be underneath an elevated highway (on your right). If you turn left and go into the shopping area you will see more stores with American goods. They do have some Costco goods but many other things as well.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 01:36:33 PM by lacyfan »

Offline lacyfan

• Veteran
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2012, 07:07:35 AM »
Just a word to the wise about my last post; please post directions, like I did, when recommending a place to shop or to find something. When you post "Songtan" or "Itaewon" as a place to find foreign food or clothes that does nothing to help newbies. Post names and easy to follow directions and that will be much more helpful.

BTW, there are no store names for the stores that sell American goods in Songtan. They are selling on the black market so there are no bright neon flashing signs that read "Black Market." If you follow the directions you will see some stores. Look around that general area for more stores.

Offline elisa_mh

• Explorer
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2012, 01:01:09 PM »
Thanks for that!
I usually trek to WorldFood in Cheonan for Milo!

Offline lacyfan

• Veteran
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2012, 02:25:12 PM »
Just one more thing about the stores in Songtan that have American goods from on base. Sometimes they may not have what you want.

If you print out a picture of something you want, say canned raviolis, and leave it with them, they can get it for the next time you shop there. They're good about getting things for customers. It's what they do.

Offline mandakh

• Newgookin
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2012, 05:49:58 AM »
Where can i buy "Horny Goat Weed"?

Offline phatnesian@gmail.com

• Waygookin
  • XD
I don't fit many clothes here and want to buy online from ASOS. how do I do that?
I have an NH and KEB global card but they both seem to decline (yes I do have money in there haha).
I want to but online but these cards don't seem to work!! Can you help me???