November 20, 2018, 01:39:26 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: Chocolate Coins in Korea?  (Read 3863 times)

Offline rookiewaygook

• Veteran
Chocolate Coins in Korea?
« on: June 21, 2011, 12:11:03 PM »
I'm currently planning my summer camp, and I'm wondering if anybody has seen those chocolate coins that like to appear close to St. Patricks day around our homes. (I'm going a pirates theme and would love to use these as prizes!)

Or, any other pirate related prize suggestions will do. =)

Offline Ack

• Explorer
Re: Chocolate Coins in Korea?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 12:21:44 PM »
If you in a city that has a Costco they might have some. I know I saw some at the costco here in Daegu :)

Offline dmhr25

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 12:22:43 PM »
I live in Incheon.  I see them everywhere!  Check out the foreigner sections of Home Plus or Emart.

Offline CellarDoor

• Fanatical Supporter!
  • Super Waygook
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 12:24:59 PM »
I'd be interested in learning about this too.  My plan is also a pirate theme (and that's almost as far as I've gotten with the plan...), but I have a few hundred USA pennies in rolls that I brought with me when I moved to Korea and that my parents sent in a care package.  I'm considering using those as treasure prizes.

Or maybe use fish/nautically-themed stickers as small prizes.  You might have to order these from a teacher supply store or something, but they're surely available somewhere on the internet if you look around.  Chocolate coins would be a lot of fun though.

Offline fitzyvt

• Waygookin
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 12:26:35 PM »
I have definitely seen them at the Seoul Costco in Yangpyeong.  If they are always in stock is another question though

Offline Asiablue

• Waygookin
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 12:49:57 PM »
They can be found in the international supermarket in Itewan. Around the corner from Dunkin Donuts, up the street, just next to the Indian Restaurant.

Offline YourFriendBen

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 12:59:28 PM »
Yeah I bought some at Costco for last Christmas.

They were a bit pricey. They came in a plastic cylinder (like butter cookie tins but smaller) and there are a good amount in there, but still pricey depending on how you are giving them away to your students.

I had to be reserved with them to last through all my students, but you should be able to go a bit further with just a summer session (assuming it's smaller than my 700+ students).

I can't remember exactly but I want to say around 200 coins pieces were around 20,000 - 25,000 won or maybe a bit more?
Hans Gruber. Prince Humperdink. Mantis Tobogin.

Offline popeye2u

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 01:14:15 PM »
i live teach in a rural area and the little mom and pop stationary store has them.  Try those places.
Illegally Screwed By Employers in Korea:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1628928127347749/

Offline Freeto

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 01:22:50 PM »
Store them in the refrigerator or they'll melt when the aircon is off in your office!
Save $5 on your first iHerb order under $40 by using coupon code VIS416, or save $10 if your first iHerb order is over $40!

Good for over 30,000 products including nutritional supplements, beauty items food and other health products. Cheap and fast shipping worldwide.

Offline jerz_e83

• Waygookin
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 01:48:09 PM »
I'm currently planning my summer camp, and I'm wondering if anybody has seen those chocolate coins that like to appear close to St. Patricks day around our homes. (I'm going a pirates theme and would love to use these as prizes!)

Or, any other pirate related prize suggestions will do. =)

Where do you live?  You can find them at a Costco or most of the larger Korean grocery stores like Lotte Mart usually have them.  Or you can even see if the stores like "Daiso" or "CGV" or "Hi Daisy" have them. Wherever you live, they are definitely accessible here! Gluck!

Offline rookiewaygook

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 02:34:10 PM »
Whoops, I should have specified I'm from Suwon.

I've scoured the aisles of Homeplus to no avail.  I guess I'll make it a mission when I go up to Seoul this weekend....thanks everybody =)

Offline YourFriendBen

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 03:05:26 PM »
Whoops, I should have specified I'm from Suwon.

I've scoured the aisles of Homeplus to no avail.  I guess I'll make it a mission when I go up to Seoul this weekend....thanks everybody =)

If you do go to Costco, you should know that it requires a membership card (like SAM's Club) to purchase anything. And the membership card is 30,000won I believe. If you know anyone, they they can go with you and purchase it for you.
Hans Gruber. Prince Humperdink. Mantis Tobogin.

Offline LoloRising

• Adventurer
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 03:07:47 PM »
I've seen them at lotte mart in little mesh bags by the candy section for around 2000won.

Offline PVO

• Adventurer
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 03:27:33 PM »
Our E-mart sells it but they're not always in stock.