March 23, 2019, 12:07:03 AM

Author Topic: camp textbooks - download here  (Read 67073 times)

Offline wrangly

• Explorer
Written Summer/Winter Camp Books
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 12:31:45 PM »
Here are a couple of camp books I have written.

It's for elementary level.
The winter camp book is written for lower level students.
Both books cover 10 days worth of lessons. Each day should fill about 2 hours (2 periods) of class time.

Enjoy

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: Written Summer/Winter Camp Books
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 12:47:08 PM »
Thank for this add. I find it very organized and quite helpful. You did a great job, I'll be sure to credit you with my co-teachers (even though it doesn't make much difference) for the parts that I use. Take care, and once again, great job.

Offline dropdeadbarbi

• Adventurer
  • Carpe Diem
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2011, 09:50:51 AM »
Thanks! My KT is planning for summer camp, I'll use your books as suggestions.
www.diamondintherok.blogspot.com
[From Ghetto USA to Ghetto ROK]

Offline wesharris6

• Waygookin
Summer Program Workbook
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2011, 12:11:53 PM »
Just finished up a workbook for a summer program i've created called High Five.
Here's the workbook, if anyone's interested, I'd be glad to transcribe the lesson plans for them.
Twice weekly english lessons at 60mins apiece. 4 week program, focusing on a different subject
each week. The idea is to increase their speaking AND writing, while making the lessons themselves
fun. :o

Offline suz

• Waygookin
Re: Summer Program Workbook
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2011, 12:27:49 PM »
If you wouldn'tmind and it's not too much trouble.  What level is this.  I teach 3-6thgrades.  Don't know how much writing I'll so but some. 

Offline carriefrsr

• Explorer
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2011, 12:36:47 PM »
Ok you are some kind of godsend, this is amazing.  ;D

Offline wesharris6

• Waygookin
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2011, 12:48:57 PM »
The level depends on what you want to do Suz. I'm currently in China, so their levels are a bit different. But, if you're using this, I'd suggest 8-11 Y/O. That's what I'm shooting for here.  Make some flash cards to go along with it, and search for the duck song on youtube. I'm using those things together, with a few PPTs to round it off.,

Offline e1004

• Adventurer
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2011, 05:46:14 PM »
Wow!!! this is amazing!~! thanks so much for sharing this! =)

Offline delta66

• Waygookin
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2011, 12:58:36 PM »
Thank you so much for this great resource!!

Offline janicesamsun

• Adventurer
Post your camp books here!
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2011, 10:46:42 PM »
I have taught camp about 4 times so far...but every time they're supposed to be different.  I sometimes am at a loss for topics and worksheets to fill the dreaded camp book.

So, here's the deal.  I'll go to work tomorrow and post the camp books I've prepared in the past.  Then you post whatever ones you've come up with in the past.  Some of mine were given by the Gu Education office, some where from other districts, and each have some of my own materials (and a ton of edits!)

You might be restricted by topics given to you by your coteachers.  That's OK, just butcher the contents of many different camp books and take what you need.

Offline janicesamsun

• Adventurer
Re: Post your camp books here!
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2011, 12:02:24 PM »
ok, as promised.

unfortunately three or four of the books i wanted to share are in hwp and exceed the upload limit for this site.  however, i have a couple of word doc books.

hope they help and quid pro quo please  ;D

Offline teacher_del

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2011, 01:27:52 PM »
I posted all of my old elementary camp books in this thread:  http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,3264.0.html  They are freely available to download.  Some are my own creation, while others were provided by school districts for previous years' camps. 

I posted some middle school materials in this after school thread:  http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,2068.msg7699.html#msg7699

In order to reduce my stress level and make more room in the camp budget for buying reusable materials (English books! We have Dr. Seuss!), I've since given up making official, pre-prepared, bound camp books.  Now I use worksheets and texts from a variety of sources and photocopy them with a cute little camp-themed header to give them a unified look in the students' files.  A lot of what I've taken to using is from hard-copy books and sites (like MES-English) that will only let you print, not save files, so I unfortunately can't share my newer "books" here. 

Offline teacher_del

• Expert Waygook
Re: camp textbooks - download here
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2011, 01:32:35 PM »
I don't know about anyone else (or about the hwp ones, I'm at home on my laptop so I could only look at the docs)
but I can't see most of the pictures in the files
The older three *.doc files got messed up when I converted them from Mac to PC.  Some images are inconsistently viewable.  The newer Acorn and Palm books (we merged Maples into the other two groups for summer camp) should have visible images. 

When you're at school, you can look at the HWP files.  Those should be entirely functional, as well. 

Offline janicesamsun

• Adventurer
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2011, 01:53:01 PM »
I posted all of my old elementary camp books in this thread:  http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,3264.0.html  They are freely available to download.  Some are my own creation, while others were provided by school districts for previous years' camps. 

I posted some middle school materials in this after school thread:  http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,2068.msg7699.html#msg7699

In order to reduce my stress level and make more room in the camp budget for buying reusable materials (English books! We have Dr. Seuss!), I've since given up making official, pre-prepared, bound camp books.  Now I use worksheets and texts from a variety of sources and photocopy them with a cute little camp-themed header to give them a unified look in the students' files.  A lot of what I've taken to using is from hard-copy books and sites (like MES-English) that will only let you print, not save files, so I unfortunately can't share my newer "books" here.

oops. sorry, i did a search but your thread did not come up.

Offline ausannette

• Explorer
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2011, 02:55:46 PM »
Thanks a ton!

Offline GFC

• Newgookin
camp textbooks - download here
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2011, 09:21:14 AM »
Hi

Do you know if there are any CD's that comes with the books? I find it difficult to get the right English songs with subtitles on youtube.

Regards

Offline suz

• Waygookin
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2011, 01:30:06 PM »

Maybe someone can help me.  I was downloading a camp text book that had this
site .
     http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/teletubbies/funandgames/footprints on it.

For the life of me I don't know what camp textbook I got this site from.  I like the break down of the stories that were in this particular camp text book.  Maybe someone out there can help me.  I have forgotten the name of the textbook.  It's about stories from the above site.  Thanks so much for any help

Offline teacher_del

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2011, 03:43:44 PM »
Do you know if there are any CD's that comes with the books? I find it difficult to get the right English songs with subtitles on youtube.
There are no CDs that I know of.  Good luck!

Offline Tiara

• Adventurer
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2011, 05:34:44 PM »
wow this is fantastic!! thank u so much for sharing this :)

Offline CALVINW33

• Waygookin
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2011, 08:52:38 PM »
Wow, these are amazing. Thank you very much.