September 21, 2018, 11:27:59 PM

Author Topic: My boss said I should dye my hair blond....  (Read 12969 times)

Offline GLondonful

• Veteran
Re: My boss said I should dye my hair blond....
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2011, 02:44:47 PM »
Got waves this weekend.  No blondness tho.

I walked into work this morning and my boss said, "You look like Cinderella."  There's just no pleasing some people lol.  :P

Offline Ley_Druid

• The Legend
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2011, 03:18:56 PM »

I walked into work this morning and my boss said, "You look like Cinderella."  There's just no pleasing some people lol.  :P

Well, good job for not changing your hair color! And I usually think curls are terrible... horrible... aweful, but I have to say, you own them well and they actually look great on you. Congrats Cinderella!

Offline rampancy

• Super Waygook
  • Perpetually Caffeinated.
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2011, 03:44:52 PM »

LOL. Well, I would take that as a compliment. Even if it may not have been originally intended as such...
"You shouldn't ask yourself such worthless questions. Aim higher. Try this: why am I here? Why do I exist, and what is
my purpose in this universe? (Answers: 'Cause you are. 'Cause you do. 'Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one.)"

Offline alljokingaside

• Veteran
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2011, 03:52:37 PM »
Get yr hair dyed shocking pink or poignant polka dot. Say the hair stylist made a mistake. Yr appearance might not be considered "conservative," but it was the result of an "accident" that he suggested. So he'll have to put up with it, no?

Hence.

Offline doughplayorange

• Explorer
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2011, 07:35:54 PM »
does the colour of you hair affect how co workers respond to you?

Offline jAEded

• Waygookin
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2011, 07:44:05 PM »
am i the only one that's jealous? I'm Korean by ethnicity and I had blonde hair right before I came to Korea. I had to dye it because of the school. I miss it. My school is pretty conservative.

Offline natale_laplante

• Veteran
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2011, 07:45:54 AM »
Wow! Your hair is gorgeous! I'll trade you any day.

Offline GLondonful

• Veteran
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2011, 03:11:28 PM »
@gilbert and natale.  Thank you. ^^

@rampancy.  I went to Little Italy the other day and the guy there was like, Yeah, we saw your friend here the other day!  The black one!  I was like, -____-  We should meet up again sometime.

@doughplayorange.  Of course the way you look affects how people respond to you.  That's true for any culture.  Most of my co-workers have had a positive response to my hairstyle, though.  They've all said it looks nice.  I'm a little concerned that my students might take me less seriously because of my big hair.  We'll see how that turns out.

@jAEded.  Won't it be awesome to get back home and be able to exert your freedom of expression?  ;D