March 22, 2019, 02:41:19 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: Exploring Our World Camp  (Read 224225 times)

Offline Erik627

• Explorer
Another World Travel PPT/Activity
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2010, 08:53:49 AM »
Hey guys, here's a world travel PPT I modified from things I found around the site. Feel free to change/correct anything that want for your own uses.

Also, there's a quiz PPT for a 2nd period continuation of this lesson. Hope this helps!

Offline GreenFloyd

• Veteran
Re: Another World Travel PPT/Activity
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2010, 09:26:19 AM »
I like the arrows you added to the map section, but I thought you should know that your France and China arrows are pretty significantly off. Your arrows are pointing to places in Russia. Just a heads up ;).

Offline amn34

• Veteran
Re: Another World Travel PPT/Activity
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2010, 09:28:07 AM »
Thanks for adding this, but on slide 5 of the quiz you said that the capital of India is Tehran... Tehran, Iran - New Delhi, India :)

Thanks for the game, though!

Offline K04

• Veteran
Re: Grade 3/4 Exploring the World Summer Camp
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2010, 12:34:14 PM »
Hi Jehall;

Thanks again for posting this.  I have been going through the material a little bit more throughly, seeing what I might use/adapt.  I just had a question about a few things I couldn't find.  For the week 2 which "Elephant Song" did you use and what is the "Animal Outline" for day 10?  I like the idea of kids coloring in the animal based on the description ex. "it's green with red spots."  I just want to know if the song and animal outline go together since you have them together in the outline (meaning is the description in the song) or did you just give them your own description?

Also for week two for Day 9 you mention an Ocean alphabetical handout?  I couldn't find it posted so what is it exactly.  Whatever work that renforces the alphabet I always encourage so I just want to know what this handout is.  Can you possibly post it?

Only two other items wouldn't open on my computer at school (Europe PPT and Animals+stripes+spots) so I am going to try and open those on my laptop and see if that works.

Thanks again for the material some of it has really helped me!

Offline rainesbaines

• Veteran
Re: Elementary 3rd and 4th 'Travel the World' camp
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2010, 07:28:07 PM »
I am using this plan this week and next and today was fantastic.  THANK YOU!!!!
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline K04

• Veteran
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2010, 10:07:58 PM »
Hi Jehall;

Hope I`m not bothering you I tried opening your Europe PPT and it won`t open even on my personal computer which has the newest PPT version.  When I tried to open it, the file says it is not PPT.  Maybe something went wrong when uploading it to waygook? 
   I was hoping to take a look at it and see what you had presented for Europe because I just loved your other continent PPT`s. 
   Thanks so much!

KimberlyCan

Offline lauraeff5

• Adventurer
Re: Exploring Our World Camp
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2011, 03:46:27 PM »
Here is a powerpoint I made about Continents.  I am going to hand out blank maps for the students to color as we go through the powerpoint to keep them engaged (hopefully).  There is also a short quiz at the end.  I am going to divide the class into teams and have them write the answers on a whiteboard and hold them up. 

Offline hoa.nguy3n

• Explorer
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2011, 02:01:34 AM »
Hi Jehall,

First of all thank you so much for the materials. They're definitely awesome! I will be using these for my winter camps for 5th and 6th (they are quite low level).

Anyways, I was just wonder if you could please tell me which hello and goodbye song you used for your camp? (I would appreciate it if you could post the links as well!)

Thanks!

Offline jehall

• Veteran
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2011, 10:39:05 AM »
Hi Jehall;

Thanks again for posting this.  I have been going through the material a little bit more throughly, seeing what I might use/adapt.  I just had a question about a few things I couldn't find.  For the week 2 which "Elephant Song" did you use and what is the "Animal Outline" for day 10?  I like the idea of kids coloring in the animal based on the description ex. "it's green with red spots."  I just want to know if the song and animal outline go together since you have them together in the outline (meaning is the description in the song) or did you just give them your own description?

Also for week two for Day 9 you mention an Ocean alphabetical handout?  I couldn't find it posted so what is it exactly.  Whatever work that renforces the alphabet I always encourage so I just want to know what this handout is.  Can you possibly post it?

Only two other items wouldn't open on my computer at school (Europe PPT and Animals+stripes+spots) so I am going to try and open those on my laptop and see if that works.

Sorry for the late reply! I didn't know anyone had replied in this thread until the latest one. For future reference, it's probably better to send me a personal message.

So the elephant song is this:

The animal outline didn't go together with the song. It was something very similar to the create a monster activity from the next day so I just got rid of it and forgot to delete it from the lesson. My kids could take 20 minutes to draw one picture so I tried to use few coloring activities.

I've attached the ocean alphabetical handout, and the 2 things which didn't open for you. I'm not sure why they won't so hopefully they work now. I hope this information wasn't too late for you!

Jesse

Offline jehall

• Veteran
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2011, 10:42:55 AM »
Hi Jehall,

First of all thank you so much for the materials. They're definitely awesome! I will be using these for my winter camps for 5th and 6th (they are quite low level).

Anyways, I was just wonder if you could please tell me which hello and goodbye song you used for your camp? (I would appreciate it if you could post the links as well!)

Thanks!

Here is the hello song:

And this was supposed to be the goodbye song, but I never used it since the end of class kids were all over the place in terms of some being done their booklet page and others having barely started.

Offline K04

• Veteran
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2011, 08:24:20 AM »
Thanks Jehall, all the files now opened for me!

Offline sheila

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2011, 02:02:23 PM »
Here is a unit plan that I've put together for my middle school kids.  The worksheets I believe are on here and can also be found on Enchanted Learning.  I don't want to infringe on copyrights by posting them so if you need them, just send me a PM and I'll email them all to you. I just finished day two and it's going pretty well so far. I also have a full week powerpoint to go with it which I'll be posting on Friday when I finish the camp. That way you can see exactly what the worksheets look like. Cheers~!
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard!
www.freerice.com

Offline sheila

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2011, 02:24:08 PM »
This one is a unit plan focused on exploring our community that I used the previous week with my lower level middle school students. It went over pretty well for the most part... until I got bored with it. When that happened, we watched The Sandlot. So anyways, I'm including a powerpoint that has almost all of the unit on it with some of the answers going in.  For the others, I have an electronic board so I just wrote them on there.  Hopefully this will be helpful for some of you since I put a lot of work into it.  If you would like any of the worksheets that you see here, look on this thread first as they may already be on here.  Otherwise, PM me and I'll email them to you because they may be copyrighted. Hope you enjoy!
www.freerice.com

Offline sheila

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2011, 02:47:47 PM »
K, here are the ones that I haven't attached yet. Some might be mine, some from other posters, and some I don't know where they came from. If these are from you... thank you so much, they've been really helpful in putting together my plan. Enjoy~
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 02:51:38 PM by sheila »
www.freerice.com

Offline sheila

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2011, 02:49:56 PM »
and here are some more...
www.freerice.com

Offline sheila

• Moderator - LVL 2
  • Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2011, 02:51:11 PM »
just a couple more...
www.freerice.com

Offline dpsmith

• Veteran
winter or summer camp stuff - exploring the world - lessons, games, worksheets
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2011, 03:14:54 PM »
This is most of my stuff from English Camp winter of 2010, exploring the world and creating your own. i know its a little late for this semester but better late than never. maybe people can use it in the future.
I taught the same kids for one week at a time and 3 hours a day. I taught 4th, 5th, and 6th graders but you can easily modify these to make them easier or harder. i way over planned on purpose so i would never have dead time.
some ppt games may have a question or two about me, so double check the slides before showing the class. Lots of games were played that arent listed in the lesson plans too. 
feel free to ask questions. thanks. hope this helps some people.

this first part is for introductions and also some time fillers. below it is beginning of the lesson.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 09:30:40 AM by dpsmith »

Offline dpsmith

• Veteran
Re: winter camp stuff - exploring the world - lessons, games, worksheets
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2011, 03:24:11 PM »
day 1 lesson geography

Offline dpsmith

• Veteran
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2011, 03:28:01 PM »
robot alien game for day 1
i think there might be a couple of issues with the ordering on some of the slides(as in the answer shows before the picture does). so just do a quick run through on it first.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 06:07:34 PM by dpsmith »

Offline dpsmith

• Veteran
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2011, 03:33:43 PM »
day 2 animals