January 23, 2019, 05:51:10 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: Exploring Our World Camp  (Read 220659 times)

Offline Wendel

• Adventurer
Re: Exploring Our World Camp
« Reply #140 on: July 07, 2011, 01:07:56 PM »
These are my worksheets for my camp. Each lesson is 80 minutes.

Day 1: Continents/Oceans
Day 2: Italy
Day 3: Brazil
Day 4: Kenya

:)

Offline oneilkam

• Explorer
Re: Around the world camp
« Reply #141 on: July 07, 2011, 01:12:24 PM »
During the camp I had the students decide where they wanted to go for a trip. Somewhere else in the world. (with my grade 3's I just had them pick somewhere in Korea) So after learning about different countries they then 'went on the trip.' I made up a ppt and talked about the different places in the cities they wanted to go to and the food they would find in that country.

After that I had them write a postcard, either to a parent, family member or friend to talk about their trip. Attatched is one of the ppts I made for my kids that wanted to go to USA (NYC) and England (London).

Offline Wendel

• Adventurer
« Reply #142 on: July 07, 2011, 01:27:49 PM »
More materials

Offline oneilkam

• Explorer
« Reply #143 on: July 07, 2011, 02:05:04 PM »
Thanks so much for sharing all of this material! I also used some of those videos during my winter camp and it was wonderful! The kids really liked it. I also used this video called "Where the Hell is Matt." I'm sure most people have seen it, but he travels all around the world and dances. It was good for the students to see people from all over the world. I also had them see how many countries or cities they could remember.

Offline rtmd82

• Explorer
« Reply #144 on: July 08, 2011, 07:31:45 AM »
This is exactly what I've been looking for. My students play a game where they name off countries and I believe they will love this game. I also suggest going to a local travel agent for brochures of some locations and having them make passports. It's a fun art project and time consumer.

Offline nsmith00

• Newgookin
« Reply #145 on: July 08, 2011, 11:47:38 AM »
That youtube clip is great. I'm putting my students into groups and asking them to try and think of as many countries in a particular continent. It will certainly get them thinking. Thanks

Offline beehappy1986

• Waygookin
« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2011, 09:57:35 AM »
My PowerPoint on Australia. Sorry if any facts are wrong. I got them off the internet. You will need to delete the pictures of my students :)

Offline beehappy1986

• Waygookin
« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2011, 10:06:26 AM »
Mexico and England!

Offline beehappy1986

• Waygookin
« Reply #148 on: July 11, 2011, 01:06:17 PM »
The USA! Will upload my other lessons when I have finished with them (my England PowerPoint covers 2 lessons)

Offline beehappy1986

• Waygookin
« Reply #149 on: July 11, 2011, 01:08:52 PM »
Sorry! I forgot to attach!

Offline ekdP1010

• Explorer
Re: Around the world
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2011, 02:32:53 PM »
Thanks a lot. I'm planning to do this topic for summer camp. I think this material is very helpful to motivate students. good pictures and simple sentences to understand. I like it! I'll add some pictures and activites students can do by themselves such as researching some traditional foods, costumes, or holidays~~~ Anyway, thanks all the time!

Offline SuwonROKs

• Veteran
Re: Around the world
« Reply #151 on: July 15, 2011, 01:03:18 PM »
Thanks for this lesson.  I'm going to use it for one day of the camp.  I altered the power point a bit.  I added an animals section to the USA part (added bison and eagle) and sports to the Australian and South African pages to even things out a little.  I also made up a quick and dirty bomb game to use as a review.

Offline Kickerjean

• Waygookin
Around the World Elementary School Camp
« Reply #152 on: July 15, 2011, 02:46:00 PM »
Here are two lesson books that I made for my elementary school summer camp.  They are divided into 3rd/4th grade and 5th/6th grade.  The topics are the same for the two levels but the vocabulary and expressions have been modified to fit the appropriate fluency level.  My camp five days of 3 classes a day for each of the two levels.  The lesson plans are included but not completely finished for the entire 3 40-minute periods.  I figured it would help more people if I posted this now as opposed to when I'm finished (my camp isn't until the 2nd week of August).  Sorry that it's a bit late but I just finished them.  Hope they help someone!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 02:56:49 PM by Kickerjean »

Offline Kimchi-Kennamer

• Adventurer
Nations of the world summer camp lesson: Prezi-worksheets-game
« Reply #153 on: July 15, 2011, 03:26:42 PM »
Atached is a link to a Prezi I created.

http://prezi.com/shrxtfbi5nsp/copy-of-copy-of-around-the-world/

It begins with a review of Earth's seven continents.
It includes 13 countries I chose. 2 or more from each continent, excluding Australia (it is a continent in itself), South America (only Brazil), and Anarctica.
the format follows this pattern:
1.Country Name
2.Capital(s)
3.Most populated city (sometimes is the capital)
4.Other significant cities
5.Natural and man made landmarks
6.The majority language (with the exception of South Africa)
7.A popular food
8.The flag
9.A famous landmark,activity or food

Included:
1.A continent worksheet
2.A bingo game to follow the prezi. The students cut the boxes from the flag and description grid and paste them in random order on the blank bingo sheet. the first student to get a complete 'O' shape by marking an 'X' in the upper right hand corner of each box as they see the country in the presentation wins.
3.A flag to famous landmark,activity,food matching worksheet
4.Matching memory game. cut the flag and pictures from the grid. mix them and place them face down on a flat surface. in groups of two to four each student flips two cards. if they match take them away. the student with the most matching pairs wins. for more advanced students: flipping a flag card, one should say "I want to go/I want to visit_____" and on a picture card "I can see ____, I can eat _____, I can hike mount Fuji etc.

Offline Kimchi-Kennamer

• Adventurer
to the waygooks it may concern
« Reply #154 on: July 18, 2011, 08:18:40 AM »
The prezi is quite long and uses a lot of media. Using the prezi website is fickle. The presentation sometimes crashes and isn't available for a short while afterward.
I recommend downloading a copy if you plan to use it.

Offline Periwinkle

• Veteran
Re: Grade 3/4 Exploring the World Summer Camp
« Reply #155 on: July 18, 2011, 03:20:28 PM »
Exploring the world:
Your summer camp plans are amazing!! Will be implenting them with summer camp for the next few weeks. Thanks a bunch for sharing!!!

Offline aisha80

• Waygookin
« Reply #156 on: July 19, 2011, 03:41:08 PM »
I chose the theme 'Around the world' just for Day1 of our summer camp. And this is a powerpoint I made introducing 12 countries. China, Brazil, France, Egypt, India, Italy, Australia, Canada, Russia, USA, New Zealand and South Korea. (My apologies if I haven't included your country.)

Offline VanessaB

• Explorer
« Reply #157 on: July 20, 2011, 07:52:35 AM »
This is an 80min lesson about the 'Seven Wonders of the World' for 5-6 Grade Students.
It is not specific on the 'ancient', 'natural', or 'modern' wonders, I just chose seven and this is what I came up with. Some of the materials, such as the PPT, the interview worksheet, and the key expressions, I found on waygook, but I modified to go with this lesson.
For the slap game- I made laminated picture cards of each 'Wonder' and put magnets on them so the students can use those ridiculous hammers to hit them when i call them out or say clues about them.

I will be doing this lesson today. I hope someone finds this useful  ;D

~Vanessa~*^_^*v

Offline lizard

• Adventurer
Re: Nations of the world summer camp lesson: Prezi-worksheets-game
« Reply #158 on: July 20, 2011, 03:19:28 PM »
Here is a bomb game to go along with. I'll be using this with my middle school summer camp classes.

Offline kawaiikitty

• Adventurer
Re: Grade 3/4 Exploring the World Summer Camp
« Reply #159 on: July 21, 2011, 09:09:28 AM »
This 60 slide ppt I made last year, and is EXTREMELY useful. You will take a lot of time doing this, and the kids love it. It's much better than some of the other ppts I saw.