March 25, 2019, 07:36:19 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: Stop being a cheapskate- Pay for unlimited data  (Read 1556 times)

Online eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
Re: Stop being a cheapskate- Pay for unlimited data
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2019, 09:35:12 AM »
Can someone explain to me what bumming wifi actually means? (please be gentle)

Offline Ronnie Omelettes

• Veteran
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2019, 09:38:19 AM »
Even worse are the constant requests for wi-fi, for people to hotspot, people who won't check something or watch something because they're skinflints with data.

we've told you this before demartian, if you don't want to hear stuff like this then don't hang around with and lord over 'spongers' and 'cheapskates' like this.  i don't, and do you know how many times I've heard people say these things in the last five years?  *hint* less than one.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 09:40:13 AM by Ronnie Omelettes »

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Feeling Grabby?
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2019, 09:48:04 AM »

"I don't pay for data so I need to wander around aimlessly when I'm out on a Saturday night to kakao my friends cuz I need to find a free wifi source. 10 bucks a month for a gig of data is just to rich for my tastes" says the man who doesn't pay rent and makes at least 2 million a month.
The joys of fauxtherhood

Online eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2019, 09:52:49 AM »

"I don't pay for data so I need to wander around aimlessly when I'm out on a Saturday night to kakao my friends cuz I need to find a free wifi source. 10 bucks a month for a gig of data is just to rich for my tastes" says the man who doesn't pay rent and makes at least 2 million a month.

OK I guess that'd technically be me, though I never use my phone for the internet, so I guess I don't bum anything. Does accessing wifi in a coffee shop with an ipad count?

Online MaximusPrime

• Veteran
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2019, 09:56:13 AM »

OK I guess that'd technically be me, though I never use my phone for the internet, so I guess I don't bum anything. Does accessing wifi in a coffee shop with an ipad count?

Only if you did not buy anything at the coffee shop. Otherwise you are a paying customer.

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2019, 09:58:21 AM »
I think a happy medium between zero data and uncapped data can be found for most people. I can't imagine doing zero and I don't think that would be very common. Even if you just had 1gb for kakao, maps and the odd google.

Personally I think restricted data is good for me. I find myself on my phone too much when I'm home because I know the wifi covers it. When I'm out I actively don't look at my phone so as to not use too much of my data. It's amazing how much time I can waste on utter pointlessness like instagram, random youtube rabbitholes etc.

Kpip! - Martin 2018

Online Kayos

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2019, 09:59:18 AM »
I pay 55,000 won per month on my phone, but that was getting a new phone and 3 or 5GB of data per month.
I don't ever get close to that, as there is loads of wifi spots around Korea, or I'm around a PC with an internet connection and don't need to use my mobile data then. About the only time I'm using my mobile data, is when I'm on the bus somewhere and looking at things.
I'm not being a cheapskate for not having unlimited, I have what I need, so paying more, for more data, would just be a waste of money.

Online eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2019, 10:00:45 AM »

Only if you did not buy anything at the coffee shop. Otherwise you are a paying customer.

Ah yeah, phew! But didn't Starbucks change their policy on non paying customers recently after those black guys got arrested? Nowadays you can just hang around there without buying anything can't you?

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2019, 11:17:52 AM »
I've never met a working employee who didn't have the normal generous data plan. 
What you haven't encountered some dipshit millennial who is always asking you to hotspot them or searching for wifi or asking someone if they have wifi the second they step into their house?

I know, I know, your typing skills allow you to knock out posts in a blink of an eye and you have a job that allows you to be on the internet all the time.
Yeah, some people really can formulate thoughts and type them out quickly and can bang them out in 5 minutes when you decide to check out waygook. I'm sorry you don't believe that's true because you are unable to do so yourself.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2019, 11:27:45 AM »
we've told you this before demartian, if you don't want to hear stuff like this then don't hang around with and lord over 'spongers' and 'cheapskates' like this.  i don't, and do you know how many times I've heard people say these things in the last five years?  *hint* less than one.
So are you one of those spongers and cheapskates? Get your own data and stop being a bum.

"Hey dude, I gotta have the restaurant charge my phone, my extra battery is tapped out. Can you stream the game on your phone while mine charges?"
"Sorry, I don't have data and they don't have wifi here."

"Sorry, you guys were waiting. I had to find a place with wifi so I could figure out where you were."

(Walks in door) "Hey do you have wifi?"

"Alright let's get to work."
"Uh we can't work here, there's no wifi."
"Just tether your phone."
"I don't have any data. Do you?"

Bumming wi-fi can be a gateway drug to begpacking and other forms of dumb behavior. In fact, bumming is too nice a word. It's more like leeching.

And like I said, I get it if you're one of those minimalist/old-school types who just doesn't use their phone/data much and so it's utterly pointless for you and you don't sponge off of anyone. You're cool. I'd even let slide people who keep it confined to say, a coffee shop (and buy something once an 1-2 hours). There's something I do that they'll let slide.

Outright wifi  cheapskatery? Stop being a bum and spend the extra 10 bucks for effs sake. If you're desperate for money, I have a ziploc bag full of lose change you can shave.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Feeling Grabby?
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2019, 11:53:23 AM »
Bumming wi-fi can be a gateway drug to begpacking

Amazing.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
The joys of fauxtherhood

Online confusedsafferinkorea

• The Legend
  • The only thing that is constant in life, is change
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2019, 12:09:24 PM »
"Hey dude, I gotta have the restaurant charge my phone, my extra battery is tapped out. Can you stream the game on your phone while mine charges?"

"Sorry, you guys were waiting. I had to find a place with wifi so I could figure out where you were."

Hands up all of those who have EVER heard this.

Everything is not as it seems.

No one owes you anything.... get over it.

NEVER think a failure is the end of the world, it is the beginning of a new opportunity.

There is no known medical cure for stupidity!

Offline Ronnie Omelettes

• Veteran
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2019, 12:10:13 PM »
So are you one of those spongers and cheapskates? Get your own data and stop being a bum.

i don't have a smartphone.  not needed.

why are you watching a game in a restaurant?  talk to these people, they need your wise words.

stop hanging around with hopeless idiots and this won't happen.

this happens at home.  someone comes to your house and asks what the wifi password is.  where's the problem with that?

here's what you do to this person... to quote your hero...

Online Kayos

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2019, 12:43:01 PM »

Hands up all of those who have EVER heard this.

My cousin had to ask a restaurant to charge his phone while we were there.
However, the night before he got REALLY drunk, and forgot to put his phone on the charger when he got back to the hotel / once he woke up haha.

But, I've never seen anything else like that example. :p

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2019, 01:04:02 PM »
why are you watching a game in a restaurant?  talk to these people, they need your wise words.
Why am I watching sports over food and beers with friends? What an unheard of concept.

Offline gagevt

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • "The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives"
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2019, 01:16:49 PM »
I mean as long as bumming wi-fi doesn't hinder your everyday activities and life, and you're not annoying me about it, you're fine in my book. At least you're not leeching torrents from a private tracker..

Now, those people.... >:( :evil:

Also kyndo, why does your school have large bolt cutters?? :huh:
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."

Online Kayos

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2019, 01:20:07 PM »
Why am I watching sports over food and beers with friends? What an unheard of concept.

You watch it over a cellphone though? I can understand doing it over the restaurants TV, but on a cellphone*? O.o (*or other portal electronic device)

Online eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2019, 01:20:48 PM »

Friends in a restaurant watching a game on their respective smart phones is a bit weird I'd have thought. Unless times have changed a lot.

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2019, 01:34:35 PM »
What kind of bumass biitch is crowding around a telephone to watch something. My policy is if you cant afford a big screen tv with all the packages or access to some sort of vip lounge showing all the big games then you shouldn't be out in public. Stay indoors with all the other low class cretins. Crowding around watching on a telephone screen....lol. Now I've heard it all.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Online eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2019, 01:39:32 PM »
What kind of bumass biitch is crowding around a telephone to watch something. My policy is if you cant afford a big screen tv with all the packages or access to some sort of vip lounge showing all the big games then you shouldn't be out in public. Stay indoors with all the other low class cretins. Crowding around watching on a telephone screen....lol. Now I've heard it all.

It's a gateway drug to watching the match through the window of a television shop.  :smiley: