March 25, 2019, 07:54:38 PM

Author Topic: Your Go-To Breakfast  (Read 2122 times)

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
Re: Your Go-To Breakfast
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2019, 09:16:52 AM »
Whatever I get on the commute- energy bars or random GS25 poison. Usually followed by a model's lunch of cigarettes and black coffee. Unless the cafeteria menu is good. Then it's water and a bar for breakfast.

My preferred travel breakfast- beef jerky, fruit, nuts, some sort of small biscuit, maybe some dried seaweed. Stay light. Iron rations.

My sumptuous breakfast- a Greek Omelette with spinach, feta, gyro meat, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms. A fresh fruit bowl. A small portion of hash browns or grits or oatmeal.

I had you down as a white rice and kimchi kinda guy. I do apologize.

Every once in a while a Korean breakfast of rice and vegetables sounds alright. Can be refreshing and offer some good fibre.

Then again, mac snd cheese is sometimes an awesome breakfast.

Online CypherSoul

• Veteran
  • U wot m8?
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2019, 09:41:56 AM »
I can't tell if people are serious anymore!  :laugh:

This is what you should be doing swines!  :laugh:

Slay My Life! Walk boo boo walk! Cat Walk for me boo boo! This isn't cat walking, this is a hyena walking! Lion walking! Tiger walking! Leopard walking! Enter my Queen!

Offline Nokcha

• Super Waygook
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2019, 09:43:41 AM »
Oatmeal, or homemade yogurt and granola during the week. Weekends scrambled eggs and toast or English muffins, or an omelet. And tea.

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2019, 09:46:37 AM »
I've done Intermittent fasting (9pm-1pm) for about 2 years. Though to be honest I've never eaten breakfast even when I was a kid. My stomach is always unsettled in the morning.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Online leaponover

• Super Waygook
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2019, 09:52:16 AM »
No weekday breafast for me.  Sleep is more important than food nowadays.

On weekends I make breakfast burritos (egg, bacon, onions and peppers, cheese, sour cream and a couple shakes of Tabasco sauce on mine).  If we don't have the time for that, we have a waffle in our super duper waffle maker.

If we head out to a coffee shop Angelinus as this amazing berry pancake set right now.  It's really awesome!

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2019, 10:18:49 AM »
The only good pancakes are plain pancakes. No fruit, no butter, mayyybe a little bit of syrup on the side for the occasional dip. Everything else is just better on it's own. If I want fruit mixed in, I'll get a blueberry muffin. And I usually like my muffins plain, no choco chips or any of that crap, but I concede that the blueberry muffin can be good, while blueberry pancakes are just meh, and blegh when combined with butter and syrup.

The waffle is interesting because it actually can accept syrup, fruit, chicken, ice cream, and other things, unlike the pancake.

People throw random shit together and overtop stuff too often with food. Now with omelets, you have the aforementioned Greek, but also the Western/Denver, the Country, the Farmer's. Much better than just eggs and cheese.

Also, biscuits and gravy is great when done right, but is done so badly, so often, that you're better off ditching the gravy and just enjoying the biscuits.

Online JVPrice

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2019, 10:54:11 AM »
I can't remember the last time I ate anything for breakfast. Maybe 1998 EPIK orientation.

I was 3 years old at that time. Let that sink in  :wink:

I'm really liking some of these responses. I might have to start buying yogurt again. I haven't actively bought any since my college days. Omelets, oatmeal and burritos are starting to sound real nice too
The World Ends With You

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2019, 11:32:46 AM »
Usually dinner leftovers.

If I don't have dinner leftovers, I'll usually make eggs on toast and a smoothie. Avocado is also usually included. That's if I have time.

If I don't have leftovers and I don't have time, I'll eat cereal or poptarts or a protein bar, and I might also buy some yogurt at a local mart while on the run.

I prefer dinner leftovers because I can just heat them up and they're usually protein heavy, which is what I need to prevent myself from starving before lunch.

Online OnNut81

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2019, 12:10:12 PM »
One pot of fresh coffee, one hard-boiled egg.

Sometimes a piece of rye toast with peanut butter (sugar-free, of course).

Where are you getting the rye bread from?

I go with skimmed milk, protein powder, banana, mango, blueberry and avocado smoothies. 

Online Piggydee

• The Legend
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2019, 12:24:39 PM »
Is THERE EVEN WHEAT BREAD or 9 grain bread here in Korea.  Word on the street was it was just white bread food colored as brown to come off as wheat bread.  According to someone that Paris Baguette did this practice.   :undecided:

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2019, 12:29:04 PM »
Costco or foreign food mart or Baker's table or something like that.

Online Piggydee

• The Legend
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2019, 12:31:51 PM »

Good to know.

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2019, 12:41:40 PM »
One pot of fresh coffee, one hard-boiled egg.

Sometimes a piece of rye toast with peanut butter (sugar-free, of course).

Where are you getting the rye bread from?

Is THERE EVEN WHEAT BREAD or 9 grain bread here in Korea.

I buy the Shilla brand rye bread at Costco. It's really good.

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2019, 01:48:37 PM »
Bread machines are cheap, recipes are online,  ingredients are on i-herb, measuring out and dumping them in the machine takes about 10 minutes tops.

The results are occasionally... interesting... but when they're good, they're *really* good. I've found some great formulas for rye bread that goes really well with soups and stews, and have discovered hipster flours like kamut and millet that don't taste too much like saw-dust.

Of course, I usually only eat bread after thoroughly burning the crap out of it for a grilled-cheese, but the fact that decent bread is pretty easy to make still stands.  :smiley:

Offline Orkblut

• Veteran
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2019, 01:52:43 PM »
If I have time, porridge (the type that's called Cream of Wheat in America I think, I hate oats). Otherwise something like a croissant with butter and jam. Not really hungry when I get up, takes a while for the stomach to get in motion and worked up for foodsies.

Offline Ronnie Omelettes

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2019, 02:02:18 PM »
a four-pack of Stella and a packet of snouts, is there a better way to prepare for a day at school?

Offline shiniillumi

• Explorer
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2019, 02:28:52 PM »
During the week it's usually overnight oats (oats, almond milk, little sugar + either peanut butter or frozen strawberries / mangos), or if I'm being lazy, kimbap from whatever store I happen to walk in to.

Weekends? I sleep in and breakfast doesn't exist.

Offline LIC

• Adventurer
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2019, 02:43:59 PM »
Given time: Steak (ribeye or sirloin) 2 eggs over easy, 2 slices of toast, home fries, baked beans and a couple of pancakes with maple syrup

Yep...that'll do.

Offline VanIslander

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Lovin' the southernmost islands
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2019, 09:01:21 PM »
FRUIT (a couple of handfuls of fresh blueberries, strawberries.. sometimes dried cranberries,... or an apple or pear or banana);

NUTS & SEEDS (mixed or almonds or cashews; sunflower or sesame by the palmful);

TEA (herbal like hibiscus, chamomile, mint,... to wake up sometimes go green tea or hardcore: matcha... English breakfast or citron once in a while).

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2019, 12:05:33 AM »

Good to know.

N-mart in Asan Techno Valley has some good Russian style rye. Itís right next to the vodka (I shit you not.)