March 21, 2019, 05:52:49 PM

Author Topic: Difficulties to get D10 from E7  (Read 329 times)

Offline Lucky2019

• Newgookin
Difficulties to get D10 from E7
« on: March 10, 2019, 10:26:35 PM »
Hi There,
Seems like I am in a great trouble!  >:(
I did a masters degree from South Korea.
After then I recieved 2 times D10.(2013 and 2014)
Since 2016, I am working here in E7 visa.

Right at the moment, my company won't renew job contact. Alien expired date is approaching .Difficult to manage a job soon.
Should I get D10 in point system or older system?

Offline tanis62458

• Super Waygook
Re: Difficulties to get D10 from E7
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 10:44:54 AM »
you should be fine under the old/normal system.  the points system is supposed to cover the transfer from other visa types, not the e series.   since you've already done it before, you probably know everything you need to bring with you for your application. 

Offline Lucky2019

• Newgookin
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 06:25:48 PM »
Thank you for your response.
I do mean during D2 visa since 2013-2015, I got 2 times D10.
Since 2016, I am in E7 and never changes till today.

So, my question was what will be law for the people who are in E7. Cant they get D10 ?
How they will change job while get fired or contact ends?

Offline Titus Groan

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 11:28:45 PM »
Hi There,

Right at the moment, my company won't renew job contact. Alien expired date is approaching .Difficult to manage a job soon.

Where do you work? You are obviously not an English teacher, judging by your written post; what new job do you want?

Online OnNut81

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 07:50:29 AM »
Hi There,

Where do you work? You are obviously not an English teacher, judging by your written post; what new job do you want?

Passive/aggressive DB post of the day.  Why do you need to make that jab about him "obviously" not being an English teacher?  Despite this site being geared towards and largely populated by English teachers it's called Waygook.  The DB part of your post is obvious.  The passive/aggressive part comes from where after insulting his English ability you come back and try and defend it by saying you were legitimately curious about his area of employment despite it being irrelevant to his query. 

Offline tanis62458

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 08:31:17 AM »
hey op.  i've been hearing that they will only issue the d10 to a person twice now.  you need to contact immigration and find out what they say about your case.  you might be boned.   

Offline Lucky2019

• Newgookin
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 12:02:41 PM »
I asked them in my language and in English.
They said its " Not Possible ".
But, people says its possible.
One of my friend took 3 times in D2.
I am talking about Engineering job.

Offline tanis62458

• Super Waygook
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 12:54:25 PM »
yeah.  the word is that the number of times you can get the d10 was changed in october of last year.  before it was kind of unlimited but now they are saying you only get to switch 2 times.  you might want to go back again and try a different immigration officer and hopefully they will let you get it. 

also, did they say why it isn't possible?  is it because you've had the d10 before? 

you said you are/were working on a e7 visa.  so you wouldn't need to follow the new d10 points system.  just apply like normal.  if you are under a different visa series, you would have to follow the points system.

edit- had some peeps call up immi.  they all got different answers.  one said e7 have to do the points system as well.  -_-  basically it boils down to being at the mercy of the immigration officer.    best of luck.  if you can get a korean friend to call, that might help out as well
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 04:38:58 PM by tanis62458 »