March 25, 2019, 07:31:47 PM

Author Topic: Any foreign shopping sites that let you use a freight forwarder?  (Read 271 times)

Online OnNut81

• Expert Waygook
I set up an OHmyzip account as I find it next to impossible to get certain sizes of clothing here. I went through the whole process of selecting  jeans and entering my address and billing info with Levis.com only to have them reject my order at the end as they won't send to a freight forwarding address. 

Before I waste more time, just wondering if there are US clothing sites in particular that people have had success with?

Online leaponover

• Super Waygook
Re: Any foreign shopping sites that let you use a freight forwarder?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 01:06:34 PM »
I order from American Eagle all the time.  The shipping is fast and they ship to Korea no problem.  To me they are the perfect middle price from being cheap and low quality or too expensive and high quality.  Only one time did I have a package take a long time, the others were quite quick.

I get shoes from Amazon.

I'd like to reiterate, I have them sent straight to Korea.  No reason to spend extra on a freight forwarder....seems like just throwing money away.

Online OnNut81

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 01:58:44 PM »
Thanks, I'll look at Amazon again but just with sizes I was having trouble finding what I wanted. 

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 03:25:30 PM »
A lot of companies have sold distribution rights, so they block the forwarding sites.

The best way around this is to have it shipped to a friend or relative.

Online OnNut81

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 03:38:19 PM »
I do have that option.  My dad is retired in Florida, but it was the shipping rates that was most appealing.  I was recently sent a 50 dollar pair of shoes for the gym that cost 60$ to send through the USPS. 

Online leaponover

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 04:23:15 PM »
I do have that option.  My dad is retired in Florida, but it was the shipping rates that was most appealing.  I was recently sent a 50 dollar pair of shoes for the gym that cost 60$ to send through the USPS.

Yeah, I stopped having my mom send stuff.  It was too expensive.  I only do it as a last resort.  They just don't get as good shipping rates as companies do.  Between gmarket, Amazon and companies that have gone global I can pretty much find everything I need now (except a Korean plug 240v beard trimmer!!!!). 

I order from Amazon almost once a week now it seems, at least once a month.  The shipping is usually not bad for some things actually shipping from Amazon.  Definitely give them a look.

Offline Danield

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2019, 12:19:08 PM »
I freight forward with Amazon when the shoes aren't available for shipping here. For 3 boxes of shoes ends up being about 30 dollars or 10/box of shoes. Compared to the expensive price of Korean goods, I end up saving money.